Just Got a New Toy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just Got a New Toy!

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Guys,
After looonngg thought and consideration, i just got myself a new toy - GPS Navigator lah.
Just happend to see one on offer at SPC and went to the net to read up on the specs and functions. I know everyone here recommends a Garmin or Holux but i'm just not ready to fork up $$$ to get those models. What i needed was a decent wide screen model and not too expensive. Overall reviews not that bad and the functions are comparable with other popular GPS gadgets. Anyway, i went ahead and bought the Papago R5800 2 days ago. Tried it out today and the SLA maps are really good. Haven't tested the Malaysia maps yet but don't think it's really good as it's from Malfree. Updates are free for the time being. Just need to log in and download. This is a 5-inch screen model and comes preloaded with Singapore SLA Map and Malaysian Malfree ones. This is from Eastgear so support is not a problem. So far been playing around with the functions and the rerouting is fast but guess need to read up the manual to fully utilize this gadget. Stay tune...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:14 pm

congrats on ur new BUy

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  stoned on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 pm

wah bro...really shopping raya eh....hehehe...congrats....alas u bought ur gps after overdue time...hehehe
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 pm

What is the damage?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  pussy_lover on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:07 am

dex21 wrote:What is the damage?

Bro, this one is not top of the line model so didn't really cost a bomb. Got it from SPC Sept promo for $269. Think it's good value for a 5" screen model. The graphics is not too bad. Even got junction view and speed camera warnings. So far so good..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 pm

$269 for a 5'' screen GPS is worth lor...
anyway we dun nid that top range GPS to navigate our way in s'pore n M'sia..
as long it has good back-up service team with free updates on latest maps ...gooOd LiAoOoOOo...

has the GPS LCD screen goes bigger with newer technologies each term..??
one dae it will as big as 10'' LCD ..enuff for other road user to see from their own car...hahaha Laughing Rolling Eyes

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  Ikon on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:18 pm

starstruck96 wrote:$269 for a 5'' screen GPS is worth lor...
anyway we dun nid that top range GPS to navigate our way in s'pore n M'sia..
as long it has good back-up service team with free updates on latest maps ...gooOd LiAoOoOOo...

has the GPS LCD screen goes bigger with newer technologies each term..??
one dae it will as big as 10'' LCD ..enuff for other road user to see from their own car...hahaha Laughing Rolling Eyes

Yeah right bro, one of these days with "OLED" technology, the image can reflected off your entire windscreen.... affraid
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:09 pm

Samsung was the first to introduce OLeD...has any other brands followed suit??
got SAmSung GPS with OLeD technology not...doubt so @ the current moment.. Shocked What a Face

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:52 pm

pussy_lover wrote:
dex21 wrote:What is the damage?

Bro, this one is not top of the line model so didn't really cost a bomb. Got it from SPC Sept promo for $269. Think it's good value for a 5" screen model. The graphics is not too bad. Even got junction view and speed camera warnings. So far so good..

Thats a good price! I also dun think its a muz to get a branded, as long the map provider is good and detailed, tats the most important. Smile

Next meet up muz show show and demo liao.... Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  pussy_lover on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:15 pm

dex21 wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:
dex21 wrote:What is the damage?

Bro, this one is not top of the line model so didn't really cost a bomb. Got it from SPC Sept promo for $269. Think it's good value for a 5" screen model. The graphics is not too bad. Even got junction view and speed camera warnings. So far so good..

Thats a good price! I also dun think its a muz to get a branded, as long the map provider is good and detailed, tats the most important. Smile

Next meet up muz show show and demo liao.... Laughing

Sure bro..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:37 pm

dun worry brO...can put in ur car n test ride oso...as long dun bring back ok liaOOoOoo.. Laughing

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Just Got a New Toy!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum