Black screen of death

Go down

Black screen of death

Post  aboh on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:51 pm

One day you install a windows security update from ms and shut down your pc after the updates. The next time you turn on, you are welcome by black screen with just a mouse pointer and nothing else seems to work except for CTRL ALT DELETE to call up your task manager. Congrats this is known as black screen of death. If you have install a security update recently from ms.. some of the update screw up the registry files making windows unable to load your explorer.exe If you google black screen of death you may find many causes.. To torubleshoot yours try to recall if you did any installation of ms updates recently. If not it may lead to other causes wihich unlikey to involve any hardware issue. It happen at my work place and I have to do a system restore to roll back to the date before the update and it work fine. So far MS said not all pc are affected after the update and they are still investigating..
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Re: Black screen of death

Post  starstruck96 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 pm

how do u reboot if the PC has screen of death??

Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 pm

starstruck96 wrote:how do u reboot if the PC has screen of death??

Just shoot yourself in the head..!! Smile Smile

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

Which Windows version is affected by the BSOD? No mentioned of the version leh.... please elaborate. Tks.
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:42 am

It affects windows 7, vista and xp. The blackscreen has only a mouse pointer and u can still log off or call up your task manager by CTRL ALT DEL.

If you have multiple user accounts on the pc, logging in to all the accounts will still reflect the same result, but for my case only one account is still working.

Deleting the affected account and creating a new one does not fix the issue Ive tried it.

Some reports say it is cause by a malware infection.

Like I mentioned it may cause by many reasons but unlikey involving any hardware issue especially if you have done some security update from ms

Those interested may want to read the following article. If it doesnt help, your case may be similiar to mine where I jst did a system restore.

http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com/2007/12/vista-black-screen-after-login.html

http://www.prevx.com/blog/140/Black-Screen-woes-could-affect-millions-on-Windows--Vista-and-XP.html
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:00 am

woah...so chim siah the techonolgy todae....
i wonder wat HAS in store wen my age gets to the likes of bRo pussylover & Bro BoW.. pirat bounce sunny

Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 am

starstruck96 wrote:woah...so chim siah the techonolgy todae....
i wonder wat HAS in store wen my age gets to the likes of bRo pussylover & Bro BoW.. pirat bounce sunny

For you I dunno lah, but for me, I move with the time, even I maybe "older" then you but in terms of technology and IT savvy-ness, I think I'm light years ahead of you Laughing no offense bro, knowledge is not age bound but it boils down to your mentality, interest and your thirst for it. So do not be in "that" mindset where you put age as a barrier or an excuse not to further improve oneself.
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:07 pm

BoW wrote:

For you I dunno lah, but for me, I move with the time, even I maybe "older" then you but in terms of technology and IT savvy-ness, I think I'm light years ahead of you Laughing no offense bro, knowledge is not age bound but it boils down to your mentality, interest and your thirst for it. So do not be in "that" mindset where you put age as a barrier or an excuse not to further improve oneself.

haha...if i kenna...sure look for Bro Bow for help, aye?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm

BoW wrote:

interesting facts of life brO...maybe my interest is as not as thirsty as urs...
anyway its a good heads up for noobie/newbie for me to explore the unexplored world of technology n life itself.
cheerSSSSS.. I love you

Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon on Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:21 am

Good la if you feel that way, I guess an open forum such as this will allow you to expand your knowledge and people like aboh will be more than happy to share their experience and expertise in this matter and others! So keep it up with the posting, there is no wrong or right only opinions... cheers
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks for the support! cheers
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:07 am

way to go brO aBoh...juz make it more layman terms...as simple as it is..in ur explaination..
Smile

Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum