Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More cars on the road?

+2
pussy_lover
Ikon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More cars on the road? Empty More cars on the road?

Post  Ikon Sun May 10, 2009 8:33 am

Since they upgrade the health warning to " orange " last week, my company started our split operations. I was station in Toa Payoh and on alternate days I drive to work. Mine is the OPC type which means I need to reach there before 7 am to save on the $20 coupon.

I estimate my travel time to be about 15 to 20 mins., I was wrong when I hit the highway at 6.45 am, I was surprise by the amount of traffic I encounter which lead me to being still on the road after 7 am. I reach my destination at 7.15 am and fortunately it was raining quite heavily and therefor I'm "safe".

The next time I was already on the road by 6.30 am, traffic still heavy but I manage to reach my destination before 7 am. My observation, I think if the situation for this maybe 4 or 5 years back, at that hour of time the traffic situation should be sparse. I guess many people are leaving home earlier to avoid the ERP gantries especially if they need to cross over 4 or 5 of them.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

More cars on the road? Empty Re: More cars on the road?

Post  pussy_lover Sun May 10, 2009 1:27 pm

BoW wrote:Since they upgrade the health warning to " orange " last week, my company started our split operations. I was station in Toa Payoh and on alternate days I drive to work. Mine is the OPC type which means I need to reach there before 7 am to save on the $20 coupon.

I estimate my travel time to be about 15 to 20 mins., I was wrong when I hit the highway at 6.45 am, I was surprise by the amount of traffic I encounter which lead me to being still on the road after 7 am. I reach my destination at 7.15 am and fortunately it was raining quite heavily and therefor I'm "safe".

The next time I was already on the road by 6.30 am, traffic still heavy but I manage to reach my destination before 7 am. My observation, I think if the situation for this maybe 4 or 5 years back, at that hour of time the traffic situation should be sparse. I guess many people are leaving home earlier to avoid the ERP gantries especially if they need to cross over 4 or 5 of them.

By your comments/observations i know it's been a while since you drove on a weekday morning. Welcome to morning mayhem..! The trouble is they keep pushing ERP earlier forcing people to leave even earlier to beat the ERP start up time. What do you expect? Then LTA say the ERP has succeeded in regulating traffic on peak period. All B-S if you ask me..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun May 10, 2009 2:22 pm

No doubt, I agree with you on that point, later the might just push to full day and night ERP.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun May 10, 2009 5:41 pm

welcome to the morning mayhem like P_L say...
i have encounter more than enuff to those mayhem although i reach my werk tt early...luckily for me...mine is on KJE towards PIE..not tt very bad but oso nid to be cautious coz its still early for those drivers who might be intoxicated of sleeping or drinking driving ..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 pm

enjoy driving in the wee hours bro....its never like b4....ppl nowadays goes to werk early....guess the bosses r hapi for their workers always come early to werk....hehehehe.... Laughing
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sun May 10, 2009 10:03 pm

some time i nid to go bukit merah after sending my wifey and kid to childcare ctr which nid to pass the cte gantry which cost me $6 at ard 830am and nid to reach there by 9am for meeting......bro bow, if u reali want to beat the traffic, suggest u leave ur hse b4 630am......

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun May 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Nah la, I rather take the bus to work la. It's just that I need to be home early that's why I drive. Normally I knock off at 6pm. Taking the bus I reach home around 8.45 pm if I leave on time. If I drive to work, I'll leave the office at 7 pm and still reach home around 7.30 pm.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 am

BoW wrote:Nah la, I rather take the bus to work la. It's just that I need to be home early that's why I drive. Normally I knock off at 6pm. Taking the bus I reach home around 8.45 pm if I leave on time. If I drive to work, I'll leave the office at 7 pm and still reach home around 7.30 pm.
vetaran car driver has spoken up...haf hour to get home from werk amid the jams...fuh yohhh...
super experience in short cuts roads n LORONGS ehhh.. cyclops
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 am

starstruck96 wrote:
BoW wrote:Nah la, I rather take the bus to work la. It's just that I need to be home early that's why I drive. Normally I knock off at 6pm. Taking the bus I reach home around 8.45 pm if I leave on time. If I drive to work, I'll leave the office at 7 pm and still reach home around 7.30 pm.
vetaran car driver has spoken up...haf hour to get home from werk amid the jams...fuh yohhh...
super experience in short cuts roads n LORONGS ehhh.. cyclops

Got GPS mah..so just key in the route lor... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon May 11, 2009 11:01 am

OUHH...i forgot...u got the integrated GPS system..
Sad tongue
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Sun May 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Just wanna add on mayb off topic abit.. The problem is being added by stupid drivers who tailgate and end up kissing the car infront ass and COZ A MAJOR JAM in peak hours. Happen so many times on labour day eve.. Notice 4 accidents same scenario on that day, kissing the cars back.. Now so many wreckless driver driving those.. U noe I noe.. no need to say.. Im sure u notice it too! Its getting out of control.. More speeding vehicles.. weaving in and out.. challenging each other due to the other party not happy coz kena lane cut.. Damn! Singaporeans driver are now getting more selfish just because they can afford to own a car! I hate those wreckless driver.. I think it was in the newspaper very sad story evo driver beat a number of red light hits a cab and took the cabbie driver life who is trying to earn an honest living.. Young SELFISH driver!! Why this kind of problem arise? Izzit bcoz too many fast and furious movie? I myself dunnoe the answer but I just feel unsafe travelling on the road anymore.. What I understand is some driver will feel he is being challenged when a car cuts or overtake him.. Before we take any action on the road.. Just think.. someone is waiting for their loved one to reach home safely..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 am

street racing @ its best brO...
BEST CAR WINS.. Neutral
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Mon May 18, 2009 1:56 pm

jus let it overtake lor....tis drivers soonner or later got problems......as long we move aside let them pass and we smell the smoke...... Very Happy

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 18, 2009 2:11 pm

What I hate most in the morning if there is an accident on the expressway, almost everyone will take turn to look at it.. Looking for 4D number?? Very Happy Very Happy With the rise in numbers of cars in Spore, imagine each car takes about 3 secs to slow down and look at it.. How about 100 cars or more in front of us??
I personally encounter a taxi in front of me before, he practically came to a complete stop next to the accident scene to look for his number... and poor me have to keep horning at him.. haha .. Hats off man.. Very Happy

Sry, off track le...

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue May 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:jus let it overtake lor....tis drivers soonner or later got problems......as long we move aside let them pass and we smell the smoke...... Very Happy
smoke smells nice nvmd brO...this ones mcm cow dung oso got...can choke to death siah..inhaling those fumes... Sad
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:jus let it overtake lor....tis drivers soonner or later got problems......as long we move aside let them pass and we smell the smoke...... Very Happy
smoke smells nice nvmd brO...this ones mcm cow dung oso got...can choke to death siah..inhaling those fumes... Sad

bro...be patience lor......stay cool.....den the other party will LL......... Smile

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 pm

patience is the key....given opportunity overtake them n drive very safely in front of them....see how they react... lol!
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Wed May 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Actually it is very stressful to be driving on crowded and jammed roads but there's nothing you can do if you're caught up in a congestion. Relax and enjoy your on-board music. As for the daredevil drivers either you join them (not advisable) or let them pass. Drive safely..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed May 20, 2009 11:36 pm

pussy_lover wrote:Actually it is very stressful to be driving on crowded and jammed roads but there's nothing you can do if you're caught up in a congestion. Relax and enjoy your on-board music. As for the daredevil drivers either you join them (not advisable) or let them pass. Drive safely..

That's why la bro, for relax driving, auto is the best.... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu May 21, 2009 5:39 pm

BoW wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Actually it is very stressful to be driving on crowded and jammed roads but there's nothing you can do if you're caught up in a congestion. Relax and enjoy your on-board music. As for the daredevil drivers either you join them (not advisable) or let them pass. Drive safely..

That's why la bro, for relax driving, auto is the best.... Laughing

tat is y am choosing auto since 1997...... Very Happy

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu May 21, 2009 7:58 pm

good for u guys having AuTo...
still prefer mine manual...
better still if got TIPTRONIC OR STEPTRONIC or watever tonic they gonna invent..
i want MANUAL plus overide Auto in ChEVy pls.. Laughing
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm

starstruck96 wrote:good for u guys having AuTo...
still prefer mine manual...
better still if got TIPTRONIC OR STEPTRONIC or watever tonic they gonna invent..
i want MANUAL plus overide Auto in ChEVy pls.. Laughing

my ride got le.......dunno wat tronic la.... Very Happy

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri May 22, 2009 7:56 pm

camarO styled??
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri May 22, 2009 10:29 pm

starstruck96 wrote:camarO styled??

Wat's up bro..with the Camaro...you test drive it already? Twisted Evil
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun May 24, 2009 5:06 pm

nvr teest drive....
so sleeK lar brO..cant help droOLing again n again..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next