Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MagnumII SSBH info

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MagnumII SSBH info - Page 2 Empty Re: MagnumII SSBH info

Post  pussy_lover Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Ok then. Last call on the ceramic brake pads. I'll put the orders through on Tuesday. To be fair, I'll close the orders on Monday 2359hrs. If anyone wants to join in kindly indicate below:

1) pussy lover - 1 set
2) ss96 - 1 set

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm

pussy_lover wrote:Was on MC amd after a quick stop at the office to clear some stuff awent Hairi's for my routine servicing. Nothing major to replace except for the "front stabilizer joint" that has been giving this duk, duk sound. Hairi said it'll cost about $40 to replace ($80 per pair). He's getting the set for me and I'll need to go and get it fixed when he has the part.
this front stabilizer front joint is the item tt was discussed in other thread..
quite cheap lei...$40 for a pc.
was quoted $70(not HAIRI) w/o installation..
u change this part due to "DUK" "DUK" sound emitted.?any other factors due to the worn part?
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Was on MC amd after a quick stop at the office to clear some stuff awent Hairi's for my routine servicing. Nothing major to replace except for the "front stabilizer joint" that has been giving this duk, duk sound. Hairi said it'll cost about $40 to replace ($80 per pair). He's getting the set for me and I'll need to go and get it fixed when he has the part.
this front stabilizer front joint is the item tt was discussed in other thread..
quite cheap lei...$40 for a pc.
was quoted $70(not HAIRI) w/o installation..
u change this part due to "DUK" "DUK" sound emitted.?any other factors due to the worn part?

Can see the joint worn. Each time i brake, turn, jerk will have the "duk, duk" sound. Initially thought my front shocks but they are fine, no leaks. Then thought might be springs but, springs normally last the lifetime of the car. Ask Hairi and immediately he identified the problem. Seems common problem even with Japanese makes. $40 per pc is just estimate only. Real cost when he gets the parts in. Hairi said this is easy fix and won't charge me labour.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 am

cheers Good for Hairi not to charge for labor...he celebrating Labor Day much earlier huh? Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:42 pm

not sure whether its related or not...evry time i take a corner..ders a whirring sound emited...is it due to the camber toe angle or the front stabilizer joint...?
maybe also can ask hairi for his opinions. bounce
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 am

starstruck96 wrote:pls proceed brO....maybe brO ikOn may need another set as to have additional savings on our side.hopefully it fits into mine...

Sorry guys, will have to give this a miss this time around, my priority is on the brake hose. My stock brakes lasted me about 40 km or nearly 3 years, so I'm coming to the 20k mark, so I think should last me another 2 years.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:pls proceed brO....maybe brO ikOn may need another set as to have additional savings on our side.hopefully it fits into mine...

Sorry guys, will have to give this a miss this time around, my priority is on the brake hose. My stock brakes lasted me about 40 km or nearly 3 years, so I'm coming to the 20k mark, so I think should last me another 2 years.

No problem bro. Just pur orders through. please see new thread on "Group Buy for Bendix Brake Pad"

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2