Tyres are Expensive!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  pussy_lover on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Had some time to kill, so went to a tyre shop at Circuit Link to check out possible tyre replacement for my current ones. Currently. i'm on 16" Goodyear LS2000 Hybrid II that i had since Dec 2009. Have covered 43,000km on this set and was planning to get a new set in 2-3 months time. The prices of Japan-made tyres has gone through the roof. The same Goodyear that i got for SGD128 now costs SGD148. I asked for other Japan-made tyres and this is what i got - Bridgestone RE001 - SGD215, Toyo Proxes - SGD 215. Michellin PP2 is "Asian-made" (probably Thailand) and costs SGD220. The shop recommended me a Korean Nexen 7000 for SGD99. Even the mediocre Federal FD2 costs SGD105. I'm seriously thinking of downgrading to 15' rims so that i can get decent tyres at affordable prices. But then it would mean extra cost for the rims.. Arrh...decisions, decisions..!

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Ikon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:05 am

Whoa considering the increase of everything around us, if you ask me frankly, if you go back to your LS2000, it's only $20 more per tire and that's just $80 difference from one and a half year ago, so it's a justifiable increase, even petrol cost you only around $1.70 to $1.80 per liter around that time and now it cost more than $2 per liter.

If you downgrade to 15" you will need to fork out at least $600 for tire and rims, frankly I think you are just finding an excuse to change rims Laughing If you can afford it why not, but don't downgrade to 15" as an excuse, if you genuinely want to save money, you will need to stick it to 15" all the way for at least 4 to 6 tire change because I can see that after another year of usage, you will want to upgrade back to your 16" citing performance as an excuse.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  pussy_lover on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Ikon wrote:Whoa considering the increase of everything around us, if you ask me frankly, if you go back to your LS2000, it's only $20 more per tire and that's just $80 difference from one and a half year ago, so it's a justifiable increase, even petrol cost you only around $1.70 to $1.80 per liter around that time and now it cost more than $2 per liter.

If you downgrade to 15" you will need to fork out at least $600 for tire and rims, frankly I think you are just finding an excuse to change rims Laughing If you can afford it why not, but don't downgrade to 15" as an excuse, if you genuinely want to save money, you will need to stick it to 15" all the way for at least 4 to 6 tire change because I can see that after another year of usage, you will want to upgrade back to your 16" citing performance as an excuse.

Guess a 15% increase over one and half years is justified. I was just taken aback on the prices of even the mediocre Federal. Downgrading to 15" was an impulse thought but don't think i'll go there. I'd rather change to another 16" rims than downgrade. Worst scenario is to try out Nexen but am a little reluctant until i find out more about this brand of tyres. Might just go back to the current Goodyear as i'm more than satisfied with the overall performance. Still have a couple of months before i make a decision.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Ikon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Laughing My gut feeling was correct on the 15" rims. Just stay with the 16" bro, performance wise there is a marked difference when you downgrade, took a little getting use to it and I know for sure you will grumble the minute you change to the smaller rims, Laughing for your sake just forked out the 15% and stay on with LS2000 since you have no complaint, no point trying the Nexen which might end up like the Neuton Laughing
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  pussy_lover on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Ikon wrote: Laughing My gut feeling was correct on the 15" rims. Just stay with the 16" bro, performance wise there is a marked difference when you downgrade, took a little getting use to it and I know for sure you will grumble the minute you change to the smaller rims, Laughing for your sake just forked out the 15% and stay on with LS2000 since you have no complaint, no point trying the Nexen which might end up like the Neuton Laughing

Exactly my thoughts bro. Though tempted to try Korean-made Nexen, am afraid might be another Neuton. Guess I'll stick to LS2000. There goes mu 'Grow and Share" cash that i was expecting on 1 May.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  starstruck96 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

its oways been like tt....what u receive will go into another acct of others...
guess still stick to my falken right now..thought of upgrading 16"..but with ur tyre price review...i cancel my thought then.. bounce

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Ikon on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:01 pm

starstruck96 wrote:its oways been like tt....what u receive will go into another acct of others...
guess still stick to my falken right now..thought of upgrading 16"..but with ur tyre price review...i cancel my thought then.. bounce

Wah... you still on 15", tot you already on 19" or 20" Surprised

We tend to look for cheap tires, but if we are happy with what we have, then that tire was as good as the next branded ones.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  starstruck96 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:its oways been like tt....what u receive will go into another acct of others...
guess still stick to my falken right now..thought of upgrading 16"..but with ur tyre price review...i cancel my thought then.. bounce

Wah... you still on 15", tot you already on 19" or 20" Surprised

We tend to look for cheap tires, but if we are happy with what we have, then that tire was as good as the next branded ones.
was on 22" but downgraded back to 15".types are expensive like Bro Mdzul mentioned. Haha

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Ikon on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:20 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:its oways been like tt....what u receive will go into another acct of others...
guess still stick to my falken right now..thought of upgrading 16"..but with ur tyre price review...i cancel my thought then.. bounce

Wah... you still on 15", tot you already on 19" or 20" Surprised

We tend to look for cheap tires, but if we are happy with what we have, then that tire was as good as the next branded ones.
was on 22" but downgraded back to 15".types are expensive like Bro Mdzul mentioned. Haha

How's the performance of the 22", you must have cornered like a bus! Laughing
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 am

how abt this fri walkabout @ AL tyres...yet to been there.
ah hO open on public holidays ryte....look look no harm mah..
HOW? Wink

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Ikon on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Check back via SMS on the day la, no confirmation from me.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:
Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:its oways been like tt....what u receive will go into another acct of others...
guess still stick to my falken right now..thought of upgrading 16"..but with ur tyre price review...i cancel my thought then.. bounce

Wah... you still on 15", tot you already on 19" or 20" Surprised

We tend to look for cheap tires, but if we are happy with what we have, then that tire was as good as the next branded ones.
was on 22" but downgraded back to 15".types are expensive like Bro Mdzul mentioned. Haha

How's the performance of the 22", you must have cornered like a bus! Laughing
greater wider stance of the car outlook...cornering was fun...but need extra more road space to manouver.. pirat

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Tyres are Expensive!!!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum