Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap PC at a bargain

4 posters

Go down

Cheap PC at a bargain Empty Cheap PC at a bargain

Post  Ikon Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm

My kids PC broke down, my first diagnose was the hard disk corrupted. So spend some time reinstalling the OS. It was okay initially but the same symptoms came back after a couple of days. So I decided to upgrade the PC since it this PC is at least 7 or 8 years old, one of those early P4 PCs.

Normally I do up my own PC, just buy parts and fix them. The problem with that is when I buy parts I tend to go between mid to high end and this time around I want to keep the budget down. So instead I give myself a budget of $300 for a new PC and went shopping at SLS. Came across a shop, one of those located at the back row of shops at SLS, the price was $370 and a bit out of my budget, simply told the fella to bring down the price and he "minus" those items that I don't need and it was now $320. Stick to my guns and told the fella $300 or no deal, he hesitate for a second and agreed at $300. It took him 30 minutes to set up and test the new PC and I walk away with one of those Intel DUO core PCs.

In terms of configuration, not that bad, but what is important is that I save some money and time of building up the PC, all I need to do is go back and insatll the OS and I'm done! As long as the job gets done and now I have a working PC!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Cheap PC at a bargain Empty Re: Cheap PC at a bargain

Post  starstruck96 Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Wat ur budget pc consist off?software i mean.its nice to build diy pc.back rows shops in SLS are cheap bargain shops
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm

starstruck96 wrote:Wat ur budget pc consist off?software i mean.its nice to build diy pc.back rows shops in SLS are cheap bargain shops

This particular PC is using back the Win XP of the PC that had crashed, other than that I have MS Office 2003, thinking of upgrading for the MS Office 10, which when purchase OEM cost only 155 for 3 licenses. Using Bitdefender anti virus which I purchase at $29 for 3 licenses as well. Other than that I have all the other stuff except for my CS5 which has only 1 license and is on my PC, the rest are free to use that you can easily find on the internet.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Good to buy everything original, say no to pirat

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vgsg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:50 pm

My desktop crashed 2 weeks ago. Haven't done anything abt it yet as everyone is using a laptop. Desktop basically attached to printer. Now can't print wirelessly. Hv to plug in to printer each time i need to print anything. Thought of getting it repaired but since it's so underutilised, just leave it alone for the time being.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:24 am

pussy_lover wrote:My desktop crashed 2 weeks ago. Haven't done anything abt it yet as everyone is using a laptop. Desktop basically attached to printer. Now can't print wirelessly. Hv to plug in to printer each time i need to print anything. Thought of getting it repaired but since it's so underutilised, just leave it alone for the time being.

Alternatively you might want to consider getting this instead
Cheap PC at a bargain Hero,84

This is a print server, if there is no use to your desktop PC, save the money on the repairs and get this device instead and you can print it as before ~ wireless! All you need to do is to plug your printer into the USB port, run the Cd-ROM that comes with this device and wa - lah, your printer is up and running without the need of your desktop. Since it's wireless, you can place it anywhere in your home, even in the loo if you have power supply there! Price listed is only $129, you can get it cheaper if you opt for the wired print server, much more easier to set-up but this one will need to be near your router, cost is from $79
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:58 pm

juz connect to the printer only wen a nid to use lor...
no wireless cant live meh?with usb cable sure does fast printing. tongue
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 am

starstruck96 wrote:juz connect to the printer only wen a nid to use lor...

That's exactly what I've been doing since the desktop crash. but leceh lah.. Wireless can print from anywhere in the house. Now got to bring notebook to printer to conect via USB. Got used to the easy way...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 am

pussy_lover wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:juz connect to the printer only wen a nid to use lor...

That's exactly what I've been doing since the desktop crash. but leceh lah.. Wireless can print from anywhere in the house. Now got to bring notebook to printer to conect via USB. Got used to the easy way...

There's always a way...just need to fork out some cash Wink

BTW for a limited time period only, I can offer my services either in consulting on home network matter or physical laying of network cables, subject to MY term and conditions!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 pm

woah....sideline job ehh....limited time offer somemore...
good to sweat it out on this arrangement.
still need to boost the range on my mio wireless..wat can u suggest...
i want more signal to be received thru the walls. Wink
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 pm

starstruck96 wrote:woah....sideline job ehh....limited time offer somemore...
good to sweat it out on this arrangement.
still need to boost the range on my mio wireless..wat can u suggest...
i want more signal to be received thru the walls. Wink

What standard are you on? G or N? If on G, I advise you to switch to N and if your gateway is already on N, change your client from G to N and you get immediate boost!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:35 pm

lost in translation lei...standard mio inbuilt router got N or G
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:02 pm

starstruck96 wrote:lost in translation lei...standard mio inbuilt router got N or G

If you are using a wireless gateway router, it's either G or n standard which determine your bandwidth and coverage.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum