Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm



Mothers are important, each and everyone of us have a different relationship to our Mum. Guys tend to stray from Mum once they got married, while gals are forever close to their mum. May 8th is the day to remember the greatest woman in our life, MUM! Make extra effort, spend more time with her on this day, for that matter not only on this day but any other day will also do and it would make Mum a happy Mother!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 45
Join date : 2009-04-30

http://vgsg.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Mummy... Wink
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  pussy_lover on Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 pm

Happy mummy's day.. And when exactly is this?? scratch

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:08 am

pussy_lover wrote:Happy mummy's day.. And when exactly is this?? scratch
Ya, you really need new specs...it's stated there at the top 8th May Evil or Very Mad
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  starstruck96 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:46 pm

no lei....now after married...closer to mum...becoz living far apart mah...miss her listening ear n place to talk with..huGs
love u MOM.. Very Happy

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:06 am

Ikon wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Happy mummy's day.. And when exactly is this?? scratch
Ya, you really need new specs...it's stated there at the top 8th May Evil or Very Mad

Ooopps.. lol!

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:09 am

7th May is GE.after voting can happy hour with family n MOM lor..

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 am

Voting is on eve of mother's day... but hey it's a weekend so why not!
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

the following monday after GE got holiday not? Question

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm

starstruck96 wrote:the following monday after GE got holiday not? Question

Depending on your company's policy. I know some company where the Public Holiday falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is automatically a holiday as well. In my case, we don't get Monday automatically off but we are instead given "holiday in lieu" valid for one year, I can go on leave anytime during the validity period.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:the following monday after GE got holiday not? Question

Depending on your company's policy. I know some company where the Public Holiday falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is automatically a holiday as well. In my case, we don't get Monday automatically off but we are instead given "holiday in lieu" valid for one year, I can go on leave anytime during the validity period.

Same policy applies to my set up. Staff credited with 1 day leave in-lieu of the the Saturday public holiday as we're on 5-day work week.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

pussy_lover wrote:
Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:the following monday after GE got holiday not? Question

Depending on your company's policy. I know some company where the Public Holiday falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is automatically a holiday as well. In my case, we don't get Monday automatically off but we are instead given "holiday in lieu" valid for one year, I can go on leave anytime during the validity period.

Same policy applies to my set up. Staff credited with 1 day leave in-lieu of the the Saturday public holiday as we're on 5-day work week.

But bro, do you ever take these leave? You seem to be working all the time la,all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  pussy_lover on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:40 am

Ikon wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:
Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:the following monday after GE got holiday not? Question

Depending on your company's policy. I know some company where the Public Holiday falls on a Saturday, the following Monday is automatically a holiday as well. In my case, we don't get Monday automatically off but we are instead given "holiday in lieu" valid for one year, I can go on leave anytime during the validity period.

Same policy applies to my set up. Staff credited with 1 day leave in-lieu of the the Saturday public holiday as we're on 5-day work week.

But bro, do you ever take these leave? You seem to be working all the time la,all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

Of course lah.. Currently a bit tight on staffing so have to double up and do more than the junior staff. I do go on leave you know. In fact i'm on half day leave on Friday to replace my "front stabilizer joints" and do a coolant flush at Hairi's. See it's not all work..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:30 pm

can i be your junior...wats ur offering.. Very Happy

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  pussy_lover on Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:07 pm

starstruck96 wrote:can i be your junior...wats ur offering.. Very Happy

Sorry bro, but u won't be able to keep up with me and that's a liability.. Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Ikon on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:38 am

pussy_lover wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:can i be your junior...wats ur offering.. Very Happy

Sorry bro, but u won't be able to keep up with me and that's a liability.. Very Happy

That's the whole idea la, you pay him but you do the work! I don't mind that kind of arrangement!
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Very Poor Service at PIAZZA HUT CITY SQUARE MALL.

Post  Ikon on Mon May 09, 2011 1:52 am

Darn... another one of those bad days.... My kids decided to treat their Mum, my wife to a Mother's Day dinner. We went over to City Square Mall. We wanted to eat Seoul Garden, so we went early around 5 pm plus, reached there maybe about 5.40 pm and we were stopped at the door, the restaurant was almost empty and waiter tell us it's strictly by reservation only!

Okay la fine, since they don't want our money we will go else where, and we decided to have dinner at Pizza Hut RESTAURANT. It started off nicely, we were greeted by their host, showed to our seat and we were given the menu. At 6.05 pm we placed the order for our food, they got the HUT Anniversary meal as well as some new items on the menu, so we decided to skip the pizza and just order the new items. We ordered 3 HUT anniversary meal which was suppose to come with soup and soft drink. My wife was having a slight sore throat, so while waiting for the food to arrive we asked the waiter for some ice water and she acknowledged. Ten minutes later no ice water turn up and I turn to the host and tell her that. Two minutes later the ice water turn up. AT 6.25pm they serve the soup and some of the food we ordered. My son asked for some peppers for his soup and the waitress says okay but the grounded pepper never appear and all this while the soup is getting cold. So we skip the pepper, we also ordered some side dishes, chicken wings and Mushroom Bruschatta. They serve the wings and we waited for the Bruschatta, my wife wanted to eat the wings with the Bruschatta, tough luck and I told her not to wait and true enough the Bruschatta came 10 minutes later with our order of the Chargrill chicken. This was around 6.35 pm, they served my daughter's Chicken Steak earlier at 6.25 pm, she was holding back to eat together but the food was getting cold and I told her to go ahead. So they served 3 dishes and 3 more dishes have yet to be served, my son finish his Chargrill chicken and the rest of the food is still not out yet, by 7.01 pm I almost my cool already and my wife inquire from the waitress, she says five more minutes. AS you all may guess it, no food turn up and at 7.07 pm I call over the host and asked for the bill and I walk over to the cashier. I told the host ( I assume is the Supervisor or the Manager) to minus the food that was not served to us and also I said that I will not pay for the 10% service charge. In the end we only pay for what was served and no service charge and I walk out of the RESTAURANT a hungry and angry man. My wife , the MOTHER that we we honoring also did not get to eat her meal as well as one of my son. We end up "tau pau" food from Banquet.

This is not the first time we experience poor service at Pizza Hut City Square Mall, the last time we ate there they mess up the food and we had to asked them before the food was served to us. We wanted to eat at a RESTAURANT, and when it's a family meal, we expect the food to be served between minutes of each other so that we can eat together. It's not a restaurant if one of us started his meal while the rest is still waiting. A 5 minutes wait is acceptable but not half an hour or else the first person to be served will be eating cold food. Pizza Hut expanded their menu, simply said if they can't cope they shouldn't be doing new dishes, I also noticed that the kitchen staff works in a fast food chain rather than a RESTAURANT, so if 3 tables order the same dish, they will cook all 3 order and serve to 3 different tables at the same time, what ever other dishes they order will have to wait. Typical mentality, get the pans dirty once rather than 3 times but sad to say RESTAURANT do not work that way, you have to serve by the table not the dishes people ordered! They charge a 10% service charge, therefore they should provide that service and customer expect that service as well.

Certainly spoil my family's Mother's Day celebration and one thing fort sure we will not set our foot at PIZZA HUT, CITY SQUARE MALL ever for the POOR SERVICE they dish out to us! Just a final thing to add, we do not know the cause of the poor service to my family, we did notice that people who came in after us got their food served and left before us. A Caucasian family that came after us, got their ice water within minutes after ordering their food, so come to your own conclusion, just avoid this outlet because their service sucks big time!

avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mother's Day - 8 May 2011

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum