Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GE 2011 - Over and Done!

4 posters

Go down

GE 2011 - Over and Done! Empty GE 2011 - Over and Done!

Post  Ikon Sun May 08, 2011 1:56 pm

So the results are out, we have more Opposition in parliament then expected, and they also lost the stronghold in Potong Pasir by a mere 100 plus votes. A Minister also lost his seat, over and done and lets look to the next 5 years for any significant changes in our political system.

In my instance, my ward is the Pasir Ris - Ponggol GRC. The opposition was from SDA, a bit disappointing in their effort to convince the residence here. We did not even feel their presence at all during the campaigning and worst still I only know who the opposition was few days before polling day. It some how reflects their attitude in taking care of the GRC and thus doesn't look promising. I was also in the SMC Sengkang East this morning and also noted that this SMC is being contested by SDA, I can see poster and banners for the candidate but not in my GRC. Clearly they were concentrating in the SMC and totally pull all their resources there, stupid strategy and I also heard that funding was also the reason but it should not be an excuse.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

GE 2011 - Over and Done! Empty Re: GE 2011 - Over and Done!

Post  pussy_lover Sun May 08, 2011 6:31 pm

I stayed up late just to get the results first hand. Am glad that my GRC, Aljunied has a new set of MPs. How will they perform in the next 5 years? We'll just have to wait and see. The victorious WP just came by in a pick up to thank the residents for voting them in. It's sad that we lost a good Malay MP and Foreign Minister George Yeo. He's quite a likeable person here but guess that's not enough. Frankly, the PAP MPs have been invisible to me in the last 5 years. Even when i seek help from the MP in the meet the people session, i didn't get to see the MP, only his assistant. Makes me wonder if we voted in the MP or his assistant.. Let's see if WP can engage the residents here. Time will tell..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 am

Consider yourself lucky as the opposition comes in only after most of the upgrading work has been done in your constituency. Also keep your eyes on the grasses, the last time I stayed in an opposition ward was in Potong Pasir and the first thing I noticed was that nobody come to cut the grasses for a long time Very Happy
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Mon May 09, 2011 2:08 pm

Ikon wrote:Consider yourself lucky as the opposition comes in only after most of the upgrading work has been done in your constituency. Also keep your eyes on the grasses, the last time I stayed in an opposition ward was in Potong Pasir and the first thing I noticed was that nobody come to cut the grasses for a long time Very Happy

Ok will keep a close lookout on the length of the grass. If nothing is done and the grass becomes a mini jungle, then i know we're in deep s**t.. Shocked

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm

pussy_lover wrote:
Ikon wrote:Consider yourself lucky as the opposition comes in only after most of the upgrading work has been done in your constituency. Also keep your eyes on the grasses, the last time I stayed in an opposition ward was in Potong Pasir and the first thing I noticed was that nobody come to cut the grasses for a long time Very Happy

Ok will keep a close lookout on the length of the grass. If nothing is done and the grass becomes a mini jungle, then i know we're in deep s**t.. Shocked

Very Happy That's just an indicator, I still remember the time I was staying in Potong Pasir and Mr. Chiam just came into power. He had lots of problem, e.g. when he wanted to hold functions, he was not allowed to do so at the Community Centre, because basically they says the C.C. belongs to the PA., which in turn is the PAP. So he has to do all his functions by erecting tents on empty lots.

The same can be expected for the new power in your GRC, many of the established amenities they will be not able to freely utilize it if it belongs to the old establishment. It will take time like engaging new contractors for cutting the grass and your blocks will take a longer time for repainting and etc. These are all unnoticeable as long as they get rid of the rubbish everyday!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Most importantly AJTC Chairman was out, she really a big headache to contractors and no one able to talk to her especially her TC staffs

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon May 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:Most importantly AJTC Chairman was out, she really a big headache to contractors and no one able to talk to her especially her TC staffs

Bro you doing work for AJTC? Now with the change in the TC, will they continue with the contracts or will they get in new contractors?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed May 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Ikon wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:Most importantly AJTC Chairman was out, she really a big headache to contractors and no one able to talk to her especially her TC staffs

Bro you doing work for AJTC? Now with the change in the TC, will they continue with the contracts or will they get in new contractors?

wanted to handover lifts to TC since last week, but now no one reply. Further more, they are very arrogant.......now like little kitten.....headache

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Guess now they are busy looking for new jobs la!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri May 13, 2011 10:07 pm

housing price going down at ALjunied GRC?....hehehee.....cannot move house hor like dat bro mdzul?....hehehe......everything will be old skool at the GRC i guess....just like hougang n potong pasir....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 pm

stoned wrote:housing price going down at ALjunied GRC?....hehehee.....cannot move house hor like dat bro mdzul?....hehehe......everything will be old skool at the GRC i guess....just like hougang n potong pasir....

Why should i move? My conservancy charges will probably not increase for the next few years. The same can't be said for the other areas. My place just complted main upgrading including lift upgrading. So there's really nothing to look forward to. All i want is a clean and safe place. Won't be too difficult for the new MPs to maintain here.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat May 14, 2011 3:56 am

pussy_lover wrote:
stoned wrote:housing price going down at ALjunied GRC?....hehehee.....cannot move house hor like dat bro mdzul?....hehehe......everything will be old skool at the GRC i guess....just like hougang n potong pasir....

Why should i move? My conservancy charges will probably not increase for the next few years. The same can't be said for the other areas. My place just complted main upgrading including lift upgrading. So there's really nothing to look forward to. All i want is a clean and safe place. Won't be too difficult for the new MPs to maintain here.

Bro you should not even consider, you are now in that piece of land between heaven and hell Laughing Stay put and sit on the fence, one thing for sure Bedok Reservoir in recent times we see some of the HDB houses being enbloc, now the chances of that happening in the next 5 years is NIL! Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum