Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point.

3 posters

Go down

Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point. Empty Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point.

Post  Ikon Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:38 am

As above, I was caught off guard. Today took leave and was on my way to JB via Tuas, smooth traffic all the way from Singapore checkpoint to the Malaysian checkpoint not much cars and when I reach there, traffic was somewhere about 20 or 30 meters from the small hut where they distribute the white cards, but it was slow moving. As usual we suspect that this could be due to only limited booth open.

This is not the case, they had about 4 or 5 booth open per lane, the slowness was because now we have to give our index fingers (both hands) for biometric fingerprinting. So everyone in the car need to get out and spend a few seconds to get biometric fingerprinted. Then they will tag your passport with an RFID sticker or something. Ask the immigration officer if need to do this everytime enter JB and he replied only need to do this once.

As you all can guess, on my way home via the same way at around 9.30 pm, saw that the queue going in was quite long, maybe coming to a kilometer, therefore just a word of warning, the biometric thingy was introduce on 2 June, so things will slow down at all the entry point to Malaysia, just to avoid going during the peak period or else be prepare to spend some time in the congestion. What a great time they pick to start this biometric thingy during the June school holidays......
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point. Empty Re: Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point.

Post  starstruck96 Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:12 pm

Need more info on this..as such procedure of imprinting the fingers is done once or each time we cross into msia.???
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point. Empty Re: Malaysia introduce new biometric measures at all entry point.

Post  pussy_lover Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 am

starstruck96 wrote:Need more info on this..as such procedure of imprinting the fingers is done once or each time we cross into msia.???

Bro, read this - "Ask the immigration officer if need to do this everytime enter JB and he replied only need to do this once." Think that answers your question. Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Not much info, all I read from the Internet says something about homeland security and the thus the newly implemented biometric measures which seem a bit too late, don't you think so?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down