Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renewing Insurance - Beware

5 posters

Go down

Renewing Insurance - Beware Empty Renewing Insurance - Beware

Post  Ikon Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Just came across this interesting discussion, which I think should be posted here for the lost soul in this forum.

Cheap insurance premium with a catch Click on the link and read.

So anyone on AVIVA?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Renewing Insurance - Beware Empty Re: Renewing Insurance - Beware

Post  pussy_lover Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Yup i read about that too. Seems that anything out from factory fittings (including sports rim, air intake, strut bars etc) considered void insurance. Was considering Aviva last renewal but after comparing, not that great after all.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:48 pm

pussy_lover wrote:Yup i read about that too. Seems that anything out from factory fittings (including sports rim, air intake, strut bars etc) considered void insurance. Was considering Aviva last renewal but after comparing, not that great after all.

Bro, next time you read this kind of information post here and share with the rest la Evil or Very Mad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 am

lambat setapak ler...now info is in head liao..
lucky im not on AVIVA. bounce
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:02 am

Ikon wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Yup i read about that too. Seems that anything out from factory fittings (including sports rim, air intake, strut bars etc) considered void insurance. Was considering Aviva last renewal but after comparing, not that great after all.

Bro, next time you read this kind of information post here and share with the rest la Evil or Very Mad

Ok lah but it's in almost all the well-read car forums including the Chevy ones. If people don't read and need to be spoon fed all the time, just can't help them.. When i was shopping for car insurance, i check out the various insurance companies and what their policy covers. Make sense before you part with your hard-earned ca$h.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Not all of us read everything on the internet. I have not visited the chevy forum for quite sometime, my insurance renewal is somewhere in Oct., if I did my research it would be for the cost only not what happen during claim. I check this forum almost everyday, so if what's not here I would not have known, this is all about sharing information for members here and not simply about being spoon fed la, although our numbers are small but still relevant.

Then again it up to individual.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:28 pm

just got my quote, $1197.43.....for next renewal......additional of 10%....still waiting for the rest

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:30 am

Captivian_Major wrote:just got my quote, $1197.43.....for next renewal......additional of 10%....still waiting for the rest

NCD? And which insurance co.?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Ikon wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:just got my quote, $1197.43.....for next renewal......additional of 10%....still waiting for the rest

NCD? And which insurance co.?

50% NCD+ 5% discount for loyalty, Chartis Insurance and it is instalment free 12 months....the rest sky high and will stick with chartis......

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Well it's that time of year again, insurance hunt. My first quote, appreciate feedback here:-

Insurer: RSA
Premium:$710.82

Excess: $1,000*

Authorised workshops

Insurer: China Taiping
Premium: $764.59

Excess: $500

Authorised workshops

Insurer: India International
Premium: $821.26

Excess: $600

Any workshop

Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:54 pm

seems like if u stick to ur present insurer.....they give the better qoute.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm

stoned wrote:seems like if u stick to ur present insurer.....they give the better qoute.....

About a months' time, still no auto quote from present insurer... Sad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:27 am

i think they will call u soon la bro....hehehe......usually they will send letter or call u abt the qoute.....maybe they know u bz wif raya.....so dun call u yet lor...ehhee
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:44 pm

stoned wrote:i think they will call u soon la bro....hehehe......usually they will send letter or call u abt the qoute.....maybe they know u bz wif raya.....so dun call u yet lor...ehhee

Wah this year raya cannot enjoy la, thinking how much must pay to insurance co!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:37 pm

they still havent call??
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Agent didn't call, but Chartis sent in the renewal notice, $1016 top of the top insurance policy..... much more than what I paid for last year! This is crazy, suppose to be additional 10% off, why am I paying more? Mad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 am

Ikon wrote:Agent didn't call, but Chartis sent in the renewal notice, $1016 top of the top insurance policy..... much more than what I paid for last year! This is crazy, suppose to be additional 10% off, why am I paying more? Mad

Bro, if you have time, start getting quotes. Try MSIG, my renewal was slightly less than the previous year. but no guarantee it's going to be cheaper. Bloody insurance keep going up. With more cars on the road, more accidents resulting in more claims.. Don't know what i'm going to pay at my next renewal in March.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Wonder what can be done here... there are over 250,000 car owners and only a handful of insurance company..nothing is happening, what's the big picture here that we are missing?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 am

stoned wrote:they still havent call??

They finally call me today, not the agent but from Chartis themselves. The actual premium quoted for Autoplus is $1161.XX, which also include coverage for my house. However I decided to let this go and opt for something far more cheaper. I don't know if I have made the correct decision or not, this is a tough one to call, the agent servicing me is an Uncle call Randy, actually he is the same age as me. He was saying that Chartis is one of the better insurance company, the coverage especially the free towing not only cover accident but as well as other areas like car breakdown and etc. He did try to bring down the premium for me after deducting certain off the "coverage" it comes down to $1105.XX which is not much, but I decide to take from Royal Sun Alliance (RSA). My premium now stands at $806.XX after 40% NCD, this premium include the 7% GST.

The difference from Chartis? Not named driver access is $2500, new or old inexperience driver access is $4500. Towing only for accident. The insurance is also classified as age 45 and above, so only guy that can drive my car is bro P_L, the rest of you guys only can come in as passenger.

Why I choose the lowest plan? Money don't come easy, every year it's the same story when renewing the policy, instead premium going down despite the additional increase in the NCD, I get quoted higher premium instead, always leave a bad taste in the mouth. I'm cutting down on my risk factor, for the past 4 years of ownership, I have yet to loan my car to someone else, nobody have ask me to loan my car before. Last year I took out a very good policy from Chartis, yet I did not utilize the free towing service, even when I had problem with my oil pressure sensor, I drove the car from Pasir Ris to Toh Guan, why? I forgot about the free towing. In any event, touch wood if I do get involve in some scrap, it's either I claim from the other party or if the damage is slight, I would likely just pay up and settle the matter. So comes back to this year renewal, is the additional $300 or so worth the peace of mind? I take the risk and opt for cheaper insurance and pray that the 1 year last with no incident. Wish me good luck!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:01 am

gd luck n selamat hari raya brO.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 am

cool....gd luck bro....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Ya thanks guy, after I confirm this, another agency quote me China Taiping at $764.XX Shocked
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 pm

The difference from Chartis? Not named driver access is $2500, new or old inexperience driver access is $4500. Towing only for accident. The insurance is also classified as age 45 and above, so only guy that can drive my car is bro P_L, the rest of you guys only can come in as passenger.

But bro, after deducting all the PH, weekends and annual leave, i also don't qualify to drive your ride... Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 pm

Ikon wrote:Ya thanks guy, after I confirm this, another agency quote me China Taiping at $764.XX Shocked

So you're paying $800+ for this renewal. No much difference from China Taiping. I used them many, many years ago as they were the cheapest that i could get. Nowadays, no point taking all the frills as you hardly take advantage of them. And end up paying more for your renewal. I paid 10% more to safeguard my 50% NCD but found out it's only valid as long as i'm with my current insurance MSIG. Any claims NCD is safe guarded but if i switch to another insurance, it's gone. So my next renewal, I'm not paying for this frills..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum