Failed inspection

Go down

Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 pm

because of my rear brake failure...i failed my this year inspection.
what the FiSH.!!
how am i supposed to noe whether the rear brake is functioning well or not..
initial reaction was...what the fish...fail the whole inspection juz becoz the left rear brake isnt functioning well...got some kind of percentage using the rolling machine.
have to re-inspect...
have to pay haf price...
ARGUE n got for FREE.
now to check the prob lies in the rear braking system.
initial check was pump not werking...was quoted $300+ for total displacement of new rear brake system.
still pending for other opinions.

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 pm

starstruck96 wrote:because of my rear brake failure...i failed my this year inspection.
what the FiSH.!!
how am i supposed to noe whether the rear brake is functioning well or not..
initial reaction was...what the fish...fail the whole inspection juz becoz the left rear brake isnt functioning well...got some kind of percentage using the rolling machine.
have to re-inspect...
have to pay haf price...
ARGUE n got for FREE.
now to check the prob lies in the rear braking system.
initial check was pump not werking...was quoted $300+ for total displacement of new rear brake system.
still pending for other opinions.

Relax la bro, this is rare case where inspection failed due to rear brake failure. There are always two side of things, normally when you sent for servicing, you should ask the workshop to open up the rear brake and since Aveo is drum only, the brakes should be inspected for wear and replace accordingly. The rear brake drum works similar to a piston system. If any failure your mechanic should be able to detect it when they open up the brake drum and generally five years about time the pads should be changed.

On the bright side, if the failure can only be detected by the inspection, it's actually a good thing because at least now you don't have to worry about your family safety since it's detected and rectified, right? So don't curse the inspection system, it's design to keep cars safe on the road.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  pussy_lover on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:36 pm

Should consider yourself lucky this is detected during the inspection. At least you know what to do next. Be safe..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Argh..but to fail the inspectio n juz bcoz of this n need to re inspect irks me.i mean...at least they can say...i pass u this tyme but u really need to go servicng for ur brakes..at least much much more better ryte..i noe safety cant be compromise..the need to come again to test is ridiculous.time consuming per

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Anyway..i hv oleady sent to repair.due to left rear pump jammed.a quick service on it NOW.gg in after this.haizz..so guys...words of advise.frm mech..due to the braking design..u hv to at least hv to sudden brake hard nt extending to jammed break once a while for the pump to expand n contract.do it alone wen driving. .No cars ard u..no passengers in car...cheerz guys

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:47 am

starstruck96 wrote:Argh..but to fail the inspectio n juz bcoz of this n need to re inspect irks me.i mean...at least they can say...i pass u this tyme but u really need to go servicng for ur brakes..at least much much more better ryte..i noe safety cant be compromise..the need to come again to test is ridiculous.time consuming per

Re-inspection to ensure that the faulty parts is rectified, tendency for some people if they just verbally tell you to change or repair any particular parts, they yes-yes but never bother to change it, but if they mandatory re-inspection no choice they will have to do it..... of course I'm not saying you la, I'm very sure you will repair all necessary fault on your car, but the inspectors dunno you mah, so they must ask you to come back for re-inspection to get to know you better Laughing cheers
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 am

starstruck96 wrote:Anyway..i hv oleady sent to repair.due to left rear pump jammed.a quick service on it NOW.gg in after this.haizz..so guys...words of advise.frm mech..due to the braking design..u hv to at least hv to sudden brake hard nt extending to jammed break once a while for the pump to expand n contract.do it alone wen driving. .No cars ard u..no passengers in car...cheerz guys

Dunno which mech you visit, but did the mech tell you that when braking it's 80% front and 20% rear brakes. So in your instance dunno if emergency braking once in a while is enough or not since yours is all drum brake at the rear. May I suggest you also try out handbrake turn once in awhile Laughing
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 am

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:Anyway..i hv oleady sent to repair.due to left rear pump jammed.a quick service on it NOW.gg in after this.haizz..so guys...words of advise.frm mech..due to the braking design..u hv to at least hv to sudden brake hard nt extending to jammed break once a while for the pump to expand n contract.do it alone wen driving. .No cars ard u..no passengers in car...cheerz guys

Dunno which mech you visit, but did the mech tell you that when braking it's 80% front and 20% rear brakes. So in your instance dunno if emergency braking once in a while is enough or not since yours is all drum brake at the rear. May I suggest you also try out handbrake turn once in awhile Laughing
yupz...i told them mah...wat i learn in 2 front wheel drive...its more on the front braking..still insist to fail me.
anyway its pass the dateline...illegal to drive .but still need to go reinspection.both insurance n rd tax date over liao...NOW HOW...?couldnt make it in time for ydae inspection.
handbrake turn ehh...i wouldnt compromise on tat. cyclops

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:07 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:Anyway..i hv oleady sent to repair.due to left rear pump jammed.a quick service on it NOW.gg in after this.haizz..so guys...words of advise.frm mech..due to the braking design..u hv to at least hv to sudden brake hard nt extending to jammed break once a while for the pump to expand n contract.do it alone wen driving. .No cars ard u..no passengers in car...cheerz guys

Dunno which mech you visit, but did the mech tell you that when braking it's 80% front and 20% rear brakes. So in your instance dunno if emergency braking once in a while is enough or not since yours is all drum brake at the rear. May I suggest you also try out handbrake turn once in awhile Laughing
yupz...i told them mah...wat i learn in 2 front wheel drive...its more on the front braking..still insist to fail me.
anyway its pass the dateline...illegal to drive .but still need to go reinspection.both insurance n rd tax date over liao...NOW HOW...?couldnt make it in time for ydae inspection.
handbrake turn ehh...i wouldnt compromise on tat. cyclops

I think re-inspection should be okay, since they say the waived, maybe now you have to pay for re-inspection. If follow the law, your road tax and insurance already expired, you are not allowed to drive, so you must tow your car to the inspection center, pass then pay your road tax and you can drive home Laughing

Anyway if you pass the road tax renewal, must pay $20 penalty, if more than 7 days must pay bigger penalty so better get it done ASAP.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:32 am

im not a perfectly law abiding citizen...most people dun anyway...juz dun get unlucky lor.
Cool
yupz..have to add 20$ more for rd tax..haizz..

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 am

starstruck96 wrote:im not a perfectly law abiding citizen...most people dun anyway...juz dun get unlucky lor.
Cool
yupz..have to add 20$ more for rd tax..haizz..

There is is this Deputy Superintendent of Police that post in a forum looking for people to indirectly take on his traffic summon for a certain amount of money, somebody was very upset that the forward the information to CPIB and the the fella was charged in court etc., so guess that guy was very unlucky. Very Happy
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:54 am

Guess the pay nt high enuff to cover his summons.
Anyway...wat a bad luck..failed again for 2nd inspection.same brake prob.still nt enuff power.haiz.

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  pussy_lover on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 am

starstruck96 wrote:Guess the pay nt high enuff to cover his summons.
Anyway...wat a bad luck..failed again for 2nd inspection.same brake prob.still nt enuff power.haiz.

Your rear brakes that bad ah.. Just go back to same w/s and get it rectify, should be at no extra costs. Next re-re-inspection chargeable?

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  stoned on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

bro...get the mechanic to send in for u la....den tell him to argue everything fine when he repair....how cum can fail again..... Smile
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 pm

stoned wrote:bro...get the mechanic to send in for u la....den tell him to argue everything fine when he repair....how cum can fail again..... Smile

Good call... Very Happy
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  stoned on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Ikon wrote:
stoned wrote:bro...get the mechanic to send in for u la....den tell him to argue everything fine when he repair....how cum can fail again..... Smile

Good call... Very Happy


half of my cent je bro....hehehehe
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 am

Nah...had i had settle last mon b4 i flew off to my holidae.back n fro to wkshp to rectify the prob...in the end..the brake pass finally after much grind n resurfacing of the rear brake setup.
Reporting live feom medan,ameliun./lake toba.

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:32 am

starstruck96 wrote:Nah...had i had settle last mon b4 i flew off to my holidae.back n fro to wkshp to rectify the prob...in the end..the brake pass finally after much grind n resurfacing of the rear brake setup.
Reporting live feom medan,ameliun./lake toba.

So you finally on your honeymoon? Where you put your baby?
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  stoned on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:54 pm

honeymoon?.....making another baby eh?....lol
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 am

bring along arhhh...cornymoon actually...
but LAKE TOBA is damn big gorgeous n BEAUTIFUL...
THE inlet island is much bigger than spore itself...
plus the past historical/old folks tale of puteri bergantung...
nice immersing in local culture Smile

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 38
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  stoned on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 pm

den u should have made 1 more baby....made in lake toba....hehehe
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  stoned on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:36 pm

den u should have made 1 more baby....made in lake toba....hehehe
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Ikon on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Make 2 more la, power!
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Failed inspection

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum