Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND

3 posters

Go down

TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND Empty TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND

Post  starstruck96 Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:06 am

hi tech gurus...juz recently i bought this device to further enhance the house wireless Singtel MIO modem (white color).
i came about to few setbacks on configuring out the repeater mode.
im total noob at IP add as such..
any kind IT help would be appreciated.thanks scratch
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND Empty Re: TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:47 pm

starstruck96 wrote:hi tech gurus...juz recently i bought this device to further enhance the house wireless Singtel MIO modem (white color).
i came about to few setbacks on configuring out the repeater mode.
im total noob at IP add as such..
any kind IT help would be appreciated.thanks scratch

What kind of setback are you experiencing, give details la otherwise how to help.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND Empty Re: TP-LINK Access Point n Repeater TP-WA701ND

Post  starstruck96 Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:12 am

seems like i cant set it up as repeater although i hv called in for TP-LINK help.
the operator has some kind of PRC accent.few times called and i gave up in the end.
i have receive signal from my repeater but still cant log on.when troubleshoot..it says IP add not link. scratch
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:01 pm

starstruck96 wrote:seems like i cant set it up as repeater although i hv called in for TP-LINK help.
the operator has some kind of PRC accent.few times called and i gave up in the end.
i have receive signal from my repeater but still cant log on.when troubleshoot..it says IP add not link. scratch

Not enough information la bro to help you out, maybe you can give your network structure.

I'm giving this a try, not sure if this will help because I'm not from TP link and don't know how the product works. My guess is that you are only extending the range for access by PCs or notebook wirelessly and not the MIO setup box. So I'm guessing your setup is something like this:-

Phone Outlet>---Modem/Router>-----MIO setup box

and the WA701ND is somewhere in the middle..

Since you have already set-up the device as a "Repeater", I will assume that you have access to the control panel on the 701, have you input the MAC address of the Singtel router and also do a search of the Singtel SSID? If all fails, try changing it to the "Universal Repeater" mode.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:12 pm

I really want to help but just don't understand Greek..! Sad

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:10 am

pussy_lover wrote:I really want to help but just don't understand Greek..! Sad

Sound Greek to you? Perhaps I should put this down in dream form to understand this better Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:08 pm

im not good at explaining the terms...
currently im setting @ universal setting.but i still hvg prob with the IP add..so i plug it out n boxed it.
still using my USB wireless receiver for my PC from MIO wireless integrated modem.juz chg the position of USB leads to better coverage.
im still wants to now hoe this repeater actually works from my home..

brO ikon..maybe i pass u the set n u try setting up in ur home to see whether it works for u.
trial mah.
U learn....we all learn. Smile Cool
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:34 pm

starstruck96 wrote:im not good at explaining the terms...
currently im setting @ universal setting.but i still hvg prob with the IP add..so i plug it out n boxed it.
still using my USB wireless receiver for my PC from MIO wireless integrated modem.juz chg the position of USB leads to better coverage.
im still wants to now hoe this repeater actually works from my home..

brO ikon..maybe i pass u the set n u try setting up in ur home to see whether it works for u.
trial mah.
U learn....we all learn. Smile Cool

Trial or you passing this device to me for good? Very Happy
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Ikon wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:I really want to help but just don't understand Greek..! Sad

Sound Greek to you? Perhaps I should put this down in dream form to understand this better Laughing

Yes, yes, Pls do,, Laughing

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 pm

trial ler...u even sold off ur repeater early year ryte.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 pm

starstruck96 wrote:trial ler...u even sold off ur repeater early year ryte.

Nope, not taker for my repeater, have not put it up for sale elsewhere, almost forgot about that... Smile Anyway I have no need for that since I upgrade all my devices to "N", signal seem fine .. if you want me to trial the setup for you no problem la, I'll put up a tutorial after that!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:trial ler...u even sold off ur repeater early year ryte.

Nope, not taker for my repeater, have not put it up for sale elsewhere, almost forgot about that... Smile Anyway I have no need for that since I upgrade all my devices to "N", signal seem fine .. if you want me to trial the setup for you no problem la, I'll put up a tutorial after that!
nice.maybe i bring on fri Meetup
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down