Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate

+2
pussy_lover
Ikon
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate Empty I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate

Post  Ikon Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:17 pm

The heading may sound confusing but what the heck, I was on sick leave since last Wednesday, started off with a slight fever and inflammation of the throat. It got worse so instead of going to work I ended with more medical leaves. It was a horrible week, fever in and out I spend my days drifting in and out of sleep.

So Saturday morning I was feeling okay, then I got a message from my nephew and he ask me to accompany him to UBI Car Megamart to check out for use car, so I agree since I was feeling okay. The meet-up was suppose to be at 3.30 pm but my condition became worse again around noon. I pop some more pills and see if I can recover by then. I felt slightly better by 3 pm but felt worse still around 3.20 pm and by then it was too late to cancel as my nephew was already on the way to the place. Ask my wife to accompany just incase I fall asleep driving ( lucky my skill still there, so no problem reaching the destination).

Anyway, things turn out quite okay and it's been a long while since I last visit 2nd hand car dealer. I don't really like the atmosphere they remind me of feeding ground. So there we went, every floor we hit, as you browse the floor from dealer to dealer, the sales staff will approach you. This is quite shocking to me, out of 10 cars that I take a look, 7 of them are having the lastest licence plate - SJQ or SJR on them instead of the original plate and these cars we are looking at are not new car. So for fun I ask the dealer how come the lastest plate and the standard reply, owner retain their old plate but I check the road tax disc for the old number, nothing special about it only random numbers... so I'm guessing these must be those repossess cars..and there's lots of them in the 2nd hand car dealer lot!

Sunday was a bad day for me, I woke up with a throbbing headache and a sore throat, it got even worse on Monday that I had to go and see the doctor again. This time it's confirm my throat from viral infection have turn to bacteria infection and doc have to give me antibiotics to combat that.

So I'm back at work today and there's more shit to swim thru clearing backlog work, that what I discover, nobody clears your shit, you have to do it on your own.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate Empty Re: I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate

Post  pussy_lover Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Better to have new plate no. for repossess car to prevent mischief from previous owners. But need to be careful when purchasing such cars as some don't have original keys etc. Buy with eyes wide open..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate Empty Re: I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

Bro Bow, take care and drink lot of water......

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:20 pm

BoW wrote:The heading may sound confusing but what the heck, I was on sick leave since last Wednesday, started off with a slight fever and inflammation of the throat. It got worse so instead of going to work I ended with more medical leaves. It was a horrible week, fever in and out I spend my days drifting in and out of sleep.

So Saturday morning I was feeling okay, then I got a message from my nephew and he ask me to accompany him to UBI Car Megamart to check out for use car, so I agree since I was feeling okay. The meet-up was suppose to be at 3.30 pm but my condition became worse again around noon. I pop some more pills and see if I can recover by then. I felt slightly better by 3 pm but felt worse still around 3.20 pm and by then it was too late to cancel as my nephew was already on the way to the place. Ask my wife to accompany just incase I fall asleep driving ( lucky my skill still there, so no problem reaching the destination).

Anyway, things turn out quite okay and it's been a long while since I last visit 2nd hand car dealer. I don't really like the atmosphere they remind me of feeding ground. So there we went, every floor we hit, as you browse the floor from dealer to dealer, the sales staff will approach you. This is quite shocking to me, out of 10 cars that I take a look, 7 of them are having the lastest licence plate - SJQ or SJR on them instead of the original plate and these cars we are looking at are not new car. So for fun I ask the dealer how come the lastest plate and the standard reply, owner retain their old plate but I check the road tax disc for the old number, nothing special about it only random numbers... so I'm guessing these must be those repossess cars..and there's lots of them in the 2nd hand car dealer lot!

Sunday was a bad day for me, I woke up with a throbbing headache and a sore throat, it got even worse on Monday that I had to go and see the doctor again. This time it's confirm my throat from viral infection have turn to bacteria infection and doc have to give me antibiotics to combat that.

So I'm back at work today and there's more shit to swim thru clearing backlog work, that what I discover, nobody clears your shit, you have to do it on your own.
Bro Bow lower antibiotic more plane water and it will helps

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:56 pm

drifting in and out of sickness...??
maybe due to hot weather these days..
or maybe the MALARIA is spreading islandwide..
do have more plain water
more bananas n fruits to keep ur immunity in tolerable level. Razz
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:28 pm

u'll get better no worries....its the standard procedure....no one will help u clear ur shit....be patience n dun forget u meds....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:51 pm

Ok to be sick once in a while to build up your immune system. Drink lots of fluid and juices and you'll feel better in no time..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  46 Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:34 pm

go drink lots n lots of air "badak"... ....
rest well..........
sleep well.......

Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 am

Ok guys thanks for the well wishes, didn't know got so much water around from "plane" to "badak" Laughing

After the antibiotic treatment, immediately felt better, but to pay much more for that lah, but it's okay feeling well is far more better than the sick feeling.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

I'm sick - but now 2nd hand car comes with new plate Empty 48 hours and counting.

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 am

Getting back on track, how do they really get rid of those reprocesss car, anyone got any idea? I think the finance company is under obligation to sell at a price where they recover the difference, if it's a shortfall then the owner still need to continue his monthly payment till everything square up.

BTW I'm happy to announce that I'm SMOKE FREE for the past 48 hrs! My hell is about to begin.

So they put up the car for auction and who comes in buy it at the lowest price? The car dealer is my guess. Then the car dealer will sell it at higher price to the consumer, my guess that's why they need the new plate registration.

This time around my attempt to stop smoking is very special, I've attempted that before many times but failed. The longest I've been without smoking in recent memories is 6 or 7 days that too is an aided attempt, that is using Nicotine patch. This time around, I took the opportunity to quit smoking due to my bout with the fever and throat thing, I can't taste a damn thing and not even the ciggy I was smoking, so as offically on Monday (8 Jun 09) morning at about 7.30 am in my loo, I smoke my last stick of ciggy!

I'm going on with will power, no drugs to help me kick the habit and so I'm relying on my buddies out there to help me with this task. I love smoking, I've been doing that for the past 30 years! The ciggy was like my constant companion. If I'm hungry in the middle of night, I just let my stomach growl till morning but when I yearn for my buddy the Ciggy, even at 3 am I get up, dress up and go to the nearest store, in my case the SPC Petrol station to get me buddies. They were always the first thing I would stroke and suck on and draw the foul air no matter what, happy or sad occassion. I'm gonna miss them, shit I'm even about to cry thinking about them now.... Embarassed

So what makes me wanna give up on them...health reason alone would be enough but lately I get this funny feeling.....when I suck in fresh air and exhale , I kind of start to smell like an ashstray when I exhale, smell of stale ciggy and ash. Happen a few times and when I look at an ashstray, I was thinking, my gawd if my breath smells like an ashtray, then my internal must be ljust like one!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Walking and living ash tray,wakakakaka!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! .Bro just sit and think for a while,just 1 cent,k! Fasting like it or not u stop.What i'm saying is the ans is in yor hands yor choice.U choose bro. Der's no string attached in life just a guide lines. Just sharing. You're rich when you're healthy.All the best bro.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks bro for the warning!

Anyway while I was at Ubi Mega Mart, one particular salesman tried to push a Mazda 2 to my nephew....I stand from outside and I see the aftermarket gauge, I know this car something wrong, so go and check the back, confirm heheheh exhaust big one. The sales guy even start up the engine and wow the car really rumble, nice tone, according to the sales guy, the exhaust got legal paper.. Laughing Sure, I don't even gonna bother looking into the engine compartment.. my kins getting the car as first timer, I'm not going to even advise them to take a "modded car" .... don't know how back the car is thrash...most of you guys also been there and done that should know what I mean.

Over 50 hrs now without smoke, can't help thinking about it.....but gotta fight it man!! No
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm

wish u success...am hoping so....for myself....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:wish u success...am hoping so....for myself....

Evil or Very Mad hmmmm no good smoke around young children hor...come leh join me in the effort to kick the habit...now in my 57th hour without a single puff...I'm still missing the slim stick... hmmm can smell the tobacco.... affraid Also I'm going a bit crazy... tongue
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

1 less smoking kaki liao.... Sad ....but hey...its a gd thing....wish u luck hor...hehehe....been there liao....dats y body weight go up n never come down...hahahaha..... lol!
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 pm

thats COLD TURKEY for u brO BoW...RAW one
enjoy..treat it as healthy way to save ur MONEY oso.can go JB more often nOW Wink
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:21 am

starstruck96 wrote:thats COLD TURKEY for u brO BoW...RAW one
enjoy..treat it as healthy way to save ur MONEY oso.can go JB more often nOW Wink

I was there last night waiting for you at Bt.Indah!!! Evil or Very Mad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 am

stoned wrote:1 less smoking kaki liao.... Sad ....but hey...its a gd thing....wish u luck hor...hehehe....been there liao....dats y body weight go up n never come down...hahahaha..... lol!

This one is subjective to the person. However I think I should clear the air on that, smoking does not really make you stop eating. There is this disorder when you smoke, it effect your heart functions which also affect the lungs and these bodily function can result in water retention, thus the big belly. clown So to counter that must take up sport and keep the fats away from all the eating.... cat
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 am

sport for u brO??ermm...let me suggest...handball for u to start ur sporting activities?? Very Happy
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 am

BoW wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:thats COLD TURKEY for u brO BoW...RAW one

I was there last night waiting for you at Bt.Indah!!! Evil or Very Mad
im so sorry...next tyme i will trreat u only k..@ bukit indah..FOOD COURT..no more ciggies for u liaOOoOoOoO... lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:57 am

starstruck96 wrote:sport for u brO??ermm...let me suggest...handball for u to start ur sporting activities?? Very Happy

Actually I'm looking at squash, anyone keen to join me? Nice place to be in, maybe 10 mins. like suana can lose at least 3 to 4 kgs... Laughing Also if you are short can add in 3 to 4 cm in height Twisted Evil
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:44 am

BoW wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:sport for u brO??ermm...let me suggest...handball for u to start ur sporting activities?? Very Happy

Actually I'm looking at squash, anyone keen to join me? Nice place to be in, maybe 10 mins. like suana can lose at least 3 to 4 kgs... Laughing Also if you are short can add in 3 to 4 cm in height Twisted Evil

squash????? have not been playing after secondary sch liao.....bro, wen u wanna play teach me to play the squash again le.....need to pick up sport....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am

BoW wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:wish u success...am hoping so....for myself....

Evil or Very Mad hmmmm no good smoke around young children hor...come leh join me in the effort to kick the habit...now in my 57th hour without a single puff...I'm still missing the slim stick... hmmm can smell the tobacco.... affraid Also I'm going a bit crazy... tongue

hmmm.....oni smoke during work......no smoke at home ar around children......well, how u wan me to join u? basically, if I with my family n wont feel ciggy feeling......if they not around, the habit cum..... scratch

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 am

BoW wrote:

You get the court, I'll join u. Haven't played for quite a while. Hope can still find my racket...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Okay la you guys keep a look out for my posting on sporting activities soon, hopefully there will be many more, will also try to hook up on cycling the park connectors as well as a walk along the the Anderson Wave..or is it Henderson Wave... Rolling Eyes
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum