Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servicing Schedule

+2
Captivian_Major
Ikon
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Servicing Schedule - Page 2 Empty Re: Servicing Schedule

Post  Ikon Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:14 pm

I think AM is following SA method, called them yesterday to arrange my servicing and they quote me $218 for 30K. The last time was $278.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm

No deduction for bring in your own EO. Infact the package gives u mineral oil.. Add $60 additional for GM synthetic oil.. Last time SA will deduct if u bring ur own EO
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Will give them a try and see how they turn out to be. If still the bad news, then this will be my last servicing and voiding my warranty.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:16 pm

gd luck bros with ur servicing at AM....hehehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:20 am

Hi bros my 50k service is due and still have not decided which shop to go

RDY quoted $100 lesser than AM offering a fully synthetic eo (Forgot what brand)

RDY is also willing to get the same coolant as the AM are using (red color) if that is my preference but was not quoted the price.

I have doubts in RDY workmanship and knowledge.. And when comes to part replacement no solid technical explanation given.. they will just say.. "This one good quality"

Super confused here.. Haiz..

Bro bow, have u done ur service?
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am

aboh wrote:Hi bros my 50k service is due and still have not decided which shop to go

RDY quoted $100 lesser than AM offering a fully synthetic eo (Forgot what brand)

RDY is also willing to get the same coolant as the AM are using (red color) if that is my preference but was not quoted the price.

I have doubts in RDY workmanship and knowledge.. And when comes to part replacement no solid technical explanation given.. they will just say.. "This one good quality"

..ehhh... not yet...my engine oil super black...burt this time around I'm giving AM a try.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 am

aboh wrote:Hi bros my 50k service is due and still have not decided which shop to go

Bro, another way is to check on your manual of what to replace/check on your 50k servicing; get the engine oil, parts and go a RDY or any recommended workshop and tell them exactly what you want done.At 50k no major issues lah. Labour is chargeable at $40-$50.. Know exactly what you want done or check and be aware of sales talk to replace this and that. Normally, if manual makes no mention to replace those parts, then not necessary to replace. Of course, you'll have to examine those parts first. Wear and tear items like brake pads need to inspect first. I did that before at RDY and saved a bundle..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks bro for the advice.. Sounds good to me.. Will do my homework..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 pm

BoW wrote:So any good workshop to recommend if avoiding the AD?

My main concern is the refreshing of the coolant which will be at 40K. Our rides a liitle bit special with the coolant, most of you will not bothered but I'm particular about this. First, our engines runs much more hotter than other car, and our coolant are long life silicate base coolant - the red color - ones. This coolant is very controversial. It's rated long life and don't need changing for 150,000 miles or 5 years, however here our owner's manual specify 40K or every 2 years must change, which is reasonable because in USA car owners used to the full 5 years encounter lots of problem. This coolant is not easy to find outside other than the agent, because the Jap cars uses the green color coolant.

I'm not going into the technical specs of the the coolant, but if you do, you guys will know why this is a better coolant then your standards green ones. This coolant is also "sensitive" or what we call "leceh". The recommended mixture is 50:50, for our climate. That is half coolant and half water and it's not your normal tap water but distilled water. You can't mix this coolant with the green ones, this will cause sludge in your intake manifold later on.

If anyone can recommend a workshop that understand my concern for the above, I will certainly stick to that workshop because most workshop don't bother about minor concern and they will brush off such things as "troublesome" customer but these are important things to ensure thyat our engines runs longer and better.

Bro bow just checking. Can this coolant be use on our ride? Its red in colour.
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200375335548
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:23 am

Alamak bro, no details la, just a picture and I cannot say for sure. Anyway if you get the recommended GM coolant ~ Dex Cool it's cheaper. Per litre bottle only cost about $12. You can either get it at the agent, or you can special request from Song Yi.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 am

Ohhh.. ok.. so the one that u mention dex cool can get from agent or song yi is ready to use? Just top up?
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Wah.... tot u guys calling me... haha...

Btw, im using redline coolant.... very light red color..... juz drain, flush, drain again, pour whole bottle and top with distilled water.....

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:45 pm

aboh wrote:Ohhh.. ok.. so the one that u mention dex cool can get from agent or song yi is ready to use? Just top up?

50:50 bro... that is 1/2 coolant and the 1/2 distilled water. So actually for every 1 litre, you get a mixture to 2 litre... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:46 pm

dex21 wrote:Wah.... tot u guys calling me... haha...

Btw, im using redline coolant.... very light red color..... juz drain, flush, drain again, pour whole bottle and top with distilled water.....

Ya hor... didn't know you start to peddle coolant nowadays... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Servicing Schedule - Page 2 Empty Goodwill Auto - Review

Post  Ikon Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am

Finally found time to serviced my car at 30K Shocked

This time around I decided to sent my car elsewhere rather than agent. First is the mullah consideration, second is getting that appointment with them. The workshop I more or less choosen is Goodwill Auto located at Block 1008, Bukit Merah Lane 3. This workshop advertise their service at TCS, send them a PM and they claim to have done servicing for plenty of Chevy before and have the expertise.

My rating system would be base on the +points of this post so that I remain objective and thus this posting also does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. Reader will have to make that decision base on what you understand from the content of the posting.

1. Flexible Timing - 1 point.
Call them up since they can arrange to open up their workshop on Sunday to cater to weekend car. This is good for OPC owner, also spoke to teh CS, Xavier and according to him, they will be offering more value added service in the future like catering to one day during the weekdays to stay open longer to cater to OPC. They also have a current service where they will pick up and return your car (doorstep service) at no extra charges.

2. Service Charge - 0 point Neutral
For my servcing, I've decided to opt for just labor. I went out and get my own oil and filter. They charge me $35 for labor that include washing of the car. The car wash is better than at Starsauto, my car was really clean Laughing If you opt for their package, the minimum is $98 and the usual stuff which seem quite normal and similar to other workshop other than the agent.

3. Mechanic Competency - 0 point Neutral
The mechanic is an At Tiong, good thing when my car arrive he open up the bonnet and and directed a fan to cool down the engine bay. He also did not over pour the engine oil, after pouring in 3 bottle, the 4th bottle he pour and check the level periodically. Also there was no engine wash, which is good.

The negative points is that he pour water into my coolant and I nearly jump and hit the roof. Fortunatley, my coolant level was high so he only pour a little. Another negative point is that after I service my car, I cannot activate my alarm. This is normal since he did not know how to close a Chevy bonnet. All I did was open up the bonnet and close the "usual way" and I manage to activate the alarm.

4. Overall Workshop Competency - [-1] point.
This goes to show that I'm not easy to please and thatI'm a fussy car owner. Since I brought along my own oil, that goes to show what my preference is therefore the CS did a poor job of telling me that I'm using the wrong oil. I brought along with me the Amsoil 10W30, there is nothing really wrong with this oil. However the CS was telling me that I shoule be using their OWS oil rated at 5W30. He went on rattling about the thickness of the oil and etc since my car is relatively new and I should not be using this "thick oil". Unfortnately I'm in no mood to argue since I'm deprived of sleep for the last 2 days. He also would not take my word that agent use GM 10W30 oil, insisting that all agent in Singapore uses 5W40 oil. I just simply said, if you don't believe me, go call Alpine motor and ask about the GM oil. Then he consulted with his colleague and the they laugh and says agent uses 10W30 because it's cheaper...duhh... Evil or Very Mad

In the first place, you can recommend but the customer is always correct he should be left alone. I'm sure if I probed him further on what the rating meant, he would not be able to provide me with a suitable answer. In terms of knowledge and advice they are still a long way to go, also I did my aircon servicing. It cost me $88 and they use OWS 888 aircon chemical to clean it. This product is available outside, so you can DIY and I was quite dissapointed as I was expecting was the old way of cleaning the aircon fin by dismantling and physically cleaning them. Shocked Anyway, he fumble with the aircon filter, although they know where to locate the cabin filter, however I was given the impression that they would order this filter before hand, but they took out my filter as sample and took it to a nearby shop to get the replacement which is not original GM part. Goes to show, this is the first time they remove the cabin filter for Optra.

Other than this observation, the CS is otherwise friendly and okay. So that's what I have to say about my servicing adventure. Okay to sent in your car to this workshop, your Chevy would be in capable hands as long as you pre-warned them your preferences. My mistake was that I did not tell them not to top up my coolant which could have avoided the plain water in my coolant, however I would not be sending my car to them if I want to refresh my coolant at 40K.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 am

Bro I went there on sat.. I ask them about coolant.. They say they be using tap water until rust shown than they will change to coolant. The reason being they told me is because coolant eats up our metal parts. I just nod and straight walk off.. He keep telling me there is a guy by the name of azma* coming to service his aircon on sunday morning.. Is it you bro? Anyway I decided to go to rdy and had my 50k service there.. Anyway they dont have that much knowledge about our ride.. I always hang ard there and I seldom see any chevy going there for service.
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm

brO bOw..how do we actually DiY cleaning of aircon ehh...
nowadays..my smell got this pungent dead animal kind of smell after est 15mins of driving with aircon on..
change my aircon filter earlier this month...but still the smells lingers after awhile of using it..
any advice on this brO...
brO aBOh..u hang ard there quite frequent??u not skooling cum werking ehh....so free arhh..
anyway u have done service ur car..RDY charge u how much?? Razz
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:49 pm

starstruck96 wrote:brO bOw..how do we actually DiY cleaning of aircon ehh...
nowadays..my smell got this pungent dead animal kind of smell after est 15mins of driving with aircon on..
change my aircon filter earlier this month...but still the smells lingers after awhile of using it..
brO aBOh..u hang ard there quite frequent??u not skooling cum werking ehh....so free arhh..

$35 labour + $10 aircon filter labour + $18 denso spark plugs = $63
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm

aboh wrote:

$35 labour is only for engine oil and filter? Only changing aircon filter need $10? Its a 5mins job. Quite ex......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:43 pm

Suggest u go do a aircon service/flushing.... or a cheaper way is get a ionizer.... or cheapest way is to get charcoal refresher(best its from japan)

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:48 pm

dex21 wrote:
aboh wrote:

$35 labour is only for engine oil and filter? Only changing aircon filter need $10? Its a 5mins job. Quite ex......

Rdy are never cheap.. But they have the parts and some general knowledge on servicing our ride compared to any other wrkshp.. For repairs and engine problem, I will definitely go back to our agent rather than giving it to the wrong hands. But I ask harmony and they seems to know our ride. They recommend to have my manual transmission fluid check and my coolant replaced but they offer package like one payment for 3 services and the 4th is free.. Something like dat if i remember correctly..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Spray some fragrance on ur aircon filter before fixing it.. This shld do the trick
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 pm

aboh wrote:Spray some fragrance on ur aircon filter before fixing it.. This shld do the trick
errr..spraying fragrance??COCO CHANEL parfum can??..duHhhh
i want to noe wat is causing those smell mah...maybe bacteria residing in the filter housingS?
coz my aveO cabin filter cost me $18.i diY myself to fix it in...so no labour charge inclusive..
the smell is kinda pungent n maybe im used on it..
but other passenger also noticed...tats y im concern..of making them sick in the long run maybe..bcoz of the bacteria..
flushing n servcing of aircon diY possible??im not topping up the gas yet..as the air is cool most of the time.. Arrow Exclamation Neutral
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:10 pm

a workshop adviced me abt the pungent smell.....off the airon button n full blast ur fan for a few minutes....the smell could be due to wet cabin filter or sumthing can' remember la....ever did dat for my ride....no more smell after doing dat....bro bow....can eleborate how to diy the aircon servicing??....its a liquid form ows aircon thingy rite?....where to pour??
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 pm

stoned wrote:a workshop adviced me abt the pungent smell.....off the airon button n full blast ur fan for a few minutes....the smell could be due to wet cabin filter or sumthing can' remember la....ever did dat for my ride....no more smell after doing dat....bro bow....can eleborate how to diy the aircon servicing??....its a liquid form ows aircon thingy rite?....where to pour??

Oh ya... i remember i once saw someone posting in a forum.... one method when foul smell from aircon.... Turn ur aircon to the 'warmest' and blast the fan for 10mins..... and smell will be gone.... Duno true anot.... but worth a try.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next