Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking

5 posters

Go down

Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking Empty Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:58 am

Whenever I go to East Point in Simei,, I would parked my car in the MSCP opposite the shopping mall. Last time it use to be free parking on Sundays and Public Holiday, well just went there last 2 weeks and was quite taken aback to find the orange sign missing and replaced by the red ones that say Sunday Paid parking. I also notice a few other carparks and areas also going "paid" when previosuly they were "free parking".

As usual la, what went in my mind, " Damn "they" want to make more money ". However, this time around I think the blame will fall on the motorists rather than "they". If you guys are observant, normally where carparks are near shopping mall or public access areas, they have reserve lots for the residents. These lots are normally red color and they have the time clearly written on the road surface as well as the notice board. Next time you encounter this, please read what its says there, for different places, they have different instruction. Some will say, no parking only for residents or season holder. Others will say, no parking from 10 pm to 7 am - Reserve for the residents.

In the case of the Simei car park near East Point, the red lots were meant for resident and it's no parking all time to include Sundays. Visitors will have to go higher for the white lot space. I notice a couple of month back, and I mentioned to my wife, how come there's parking warden at the carpark on Sunday since it's free parking. The parking warden seem to be station there permanently. This went for a few Sunday, then it hit me, the warden must be on the lookout for non season cars parked in the reserved lots!

So now things add up, free parkings on Sunday, motorist too lazy to drive up to the allocated lots on the higher floor. They parked in lots meant for paid season holder. If I'm a resident, sure will get fed up and complaint as to why I pay money and have to park so high up in the sky! Twisted Evil So HDB put the warden there for a few months to "investigate" and summon the offenders, obviously the numbers must be damn high and the complaints from the residents must also be persistence, so now no more free parking! Who to blame?

I guess this anti-social behaviour is prevalent among us. It's common decency to just observe a little of the instruction and also to respect others to enjoy this perks, but we tend to be selfish and inconsiderate and in the end due to our own action, these "perks" are taken away and who do we put the blame on? scratch
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking Empty Re: Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Well bro, tis is typical singaporean mah.....complaints, selfish.....wat to do?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking Empty Re: Lesser Sunday Public Holiday Free Parking

Post  aboh Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:10 pm

This is home truly... Where I noe i must be.. Where my dreams wait for me.. Where the river always flow..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:15 am

its typical singaporean....to get anything free in the expense of others...n dun forget....its getting too many complaints king in our country....hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

if one has pay for the season parking yet complain on difficult to find lots,might as well built oneself a parking space next to the doorstep..ala premiuM COndO sTyled.
carparkS in the vicinity of Shopping cEntre are prone to have more red lotS than white..
gantry like carparks are sprucing up in many areas..esp those in Eastern side of Spore..
so top up ur cashcard more in value...or drive further down the road to get those free parking lots..
cheers.. bounce
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 am

I guess most of you guys miss my point. The red lot is "reserved" for residence. Visitors come and park in these red lots which is on lower floors, and since it's Sunday parking is free but the red lots are still reserved, which means you can't park there. Off course if you pay your season parking, you would be pissed off if you have to climb 4 or 5 floor up to parked your car because some people don't know how to read and are being inconsiderate by parking in the reserved lots. You have every right to complaint.

My point, it's free parking on the higher level, you don't have to pay a single cents and you can spend 3 or 4 hours shopping, however if you parked at the shopping mall carpark, that's going to cost you some $$$. BECAUSE some drivers are inconsiderate and parked in the reserved lots, season holder complaint and HDB take away that priviledge of free parking in the MSCP, now nobody park there for free.

It's the same as someone invite you over to their house, as guests we observe social etiquette (hope I got the spelling correct) so that we will not out welcome our visit. If you do not observe good etiquette, I guess that's that last of such invitation we'll received.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum