Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday Exodus

5 posters

Go down

Holiday Exodus Empty Holiday Exodus

Post  Ikon Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:01 am

It's that time of the year again, famililes making plan for the year end break. So anyone like to share their holiday plans? We know for sure, someone has other plan than taking a break Laughing before starting a new life style similarly to those in the prison system Twisted Evil
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Holiday Exodus Empty Re: Holiday Exodus

Post  starstruck96 Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:19 am

relli meh...like prison??...then i have to remake prison break 5 den..
everything anything oso muz update arhh..
wer u plan to go for holidays
family financial sound oleady.?? Rolling Eyes
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:18 pm

i might go to Melaka.....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:i might go to Melaka.....

I thought of doing that bro, already check out the hotels there but unfortunately Malacca don't seem to be interesting option for me. Check out the Avillion Legend Hotel in Malacca, cost about RM 205 a night for a room. The Holiday Inn and Equatorial is fully booked. Bayview is still available.

This time around I might be going to Port Dickson for a quickie! Cool
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:29 pm

No plans at the moment but wifey wants to do a BKK trip. Rather spend on upgrading to a 2 din DVD system.. Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 pm

2 din ehh....
so old skool brO..y not spend on roof panel top...10'' ones brO...
the bigger the better..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Roof panel meant for rear seat passenger, problem with PL is that nowadays his rear seat is always empty... unless, if he park somewhere quiet and dark and move to the rear seat and cover all the windows then I cannot comment already la........... Very Happy
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:53 pm

no plans yet so far....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:10 pm

BoW wrote:Roof panel meant for rear seat passenger, problem with PL is that nowadays his rear seat is always empty... unless, if he park somewhere quiet and dark and move to the rear seat and cover all the windows then I cannot comment already la........... Very Happy

Ya right, i also cannot comment.. Laughing

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Holiday Exodus Empty Short Break in PD

Post  Ikon Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:26 am

Just came back from a very short break in PD - Port Dickson. Had lots of bad review about this place before I set on my trips, mainly poor service standard and unmaintained hotel facilities. Took my chances and decided to stay at the Avillion Admiral Cove Resort.

The trip up North was pleasant enough, the weather was simply fantastic, cloudy and cooling and no rain or just slight drizzle before I reach my destination. The drive was a slow on, not exceeding the speed limit Shocked Took the Pedas/Linggi turn off instead of the the Seremban/Port Dickson. Was again pleasantly surprise by the route which was about 60Km of trunk road which was totally free of cars all the way to PD Laughing Simply lovely and enjoy that drive with the open countryside, lembus grazing by the roadside and monkeys relaxing along the route, cheers

The resort was not a disappointment at all, nice and cozy, too bad no fireplace otherwise you might be mistaken for some seaside resort in England bounce Overall it's clean and comfortable and comes with both air-con and ceiling fan, but if you open up the balcony door, the sea breeze is enough to keep you cool. Only downside is that there is no room service and for food we have to go to the Admiral Cove Club house which is within the same compound.

On the way back, we opted for the trunk road instead of the NSH, since we plan a stop-over in Malacca. The drive was again pleasant and traffic free from PD to Alor Gajah, after that it was a bit hectic but still manageable.

Holiday Exodus Pd_tri10Holiday Exodus Pd_tri11Holiday Exodus Avilli10Holiday Exodus Avilli11Holiday Exodus Avilli12Holiday Exodus Admira11Holiday Exodus Admira10Holiday Exodus Avilli14

Best thing about this trip, I think I was the only SG registered car there Twisted Evil This place is totally free from Singaporean, even the waiter thought we were from KL.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 pm

ur face look like orang KL lar brO...age is getting up on u lar..
muz be very suave lor...thats y they commented on ur being.
all this travelling, u are using ur inbuilt GPS as ur guide...including the trunk road which was free of hectic cars n traffic.?

is that all the PiCs u took brO...no sunbathing or skinny dipping @ diCkSoN beach? Razz Very Happy bounce
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:27 am

is that all the PiCs u took brO...no sunbathing or skinny dipping @ diCkSoN beach?

That's for personal viewing lar Mad

All the route are base on my GPS reading, my map is totally out for Malacca, whereas PD is still very accurate but new resorts build 2 years ago not included Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

no beach to go swimming eh bro...only cove only?
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 am

stoned wrote:no beach to go swimming eh bro...only cove only?

Have la, about 3 minutes walk, all the properties along Jln. Pantai got their own private beach front for the hotel/resort guests, so the beach is quite deserted, not crowded. There is also a public beach if you want to mingle with the local. Overall the place is "sleepy", if you want to switch off this is the place. However take note food can be a hassle as there are no 5* restaurants, except those in the hotels and they are quite expansive.

If you are not particular, there are many "food joint" along the main road, i.e. if you don't mind having your meal with the flies buzzing around your table. Don't expect to find MacD or Subway restaurants there.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:39 pm

touching on ur GPS...did u recently update ur GPS map software...
maybe thats y u dun have MALACCA n the two new beach resorts lar..
go update like brO P_L ones lar...
ur integerated GPS module cant put different software maps??like agis or mapking or malfree etc..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:55 pm

don mind food along the road bro....hehehe....if too many flies can always tapau back to the room...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:19 pm

stoned wrote:don mind food along the road bro....hehehe....if too many flies can always tapau back to the room...hehehe

If that the case then it should not be a problem, for me what I did was to stock up on cup noddle and junk food cyclops All you need is hot water which most hotel will provide you with a kettle and, heck it cost you less than a dollar Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:25 pm

starstruck96 wrote:touching on ur GPS...did u recently update ur GPS map software...
maybe thats y u dun have MALACCA n the two new beach resorts lar..
go update like brO P_L ones lar...
ur integerated GPS module cant put different software maps??like agis or mapking or malfree etc..

Don;t really matter la bro, Malacca is under heavy renovation. The Mahkota Parade carpark that we park our car the last time we were there is nearly 3/4 under renovation. It was a hassle for me to go and search for those paid parking ( private ) car park, otherwise if you park by the public carpark you will need parking coupon, something similar to ours. I only need to park for a couple of hours so I opt not to buy the entire booklet, and lucky for me as well, as I saw some cars were summon for either failing to display coupon or expired coupon and the fine is not a small matter like us which cost about $30. Theirs is RM130 fine What a Face !

So you guys going to Malacca take note, don't park anyhow or else you spend more on fines then doing your shopping.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Alamak brO...too many cup noodles will make ur hair nice curly wurly juz like the cup noodles itself..many sodium tooo
can tapaO back gd mah...got RAMLY burger not along the rmentioned road??
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:23 am

starstruck96 wrote:Alamak brO...too many cup noodles will make ur hair nice curly wurly juz like the cup noodles itself..many sodium tooo

Sodium is salt what.. the sea plenty of that, don't see any fish having curly wurly Laughing Should have la those Ramly burger, plenty along the road.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 am

BoW wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:Alamak brO...too many cup noodles will make ur hair nice curly wurly juz like the cup noodles itself..many sodium tooo

Sodium is salt what.. the sea plenty of that, don't see any fish having curly wurly Laughing Should have la those Ramly burger, plenty along the road.

It;s not the salt, it's actually the msg. Can cause more hair fall (that's what i read somewhere). If you eat something and it caused to to feel thirsty almost immediately, then it's probably got high doses of msg. I try to avoid cup noodles with msg. So far only 1 brand i know claims "no msg added".

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

Monosodium Gultamate is different from sodium, our bro mentioned only Sodium..hheheheh
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:05 am

BoW wrote:Monosodium Gultamate is different from sodium, our bro mentioned only Sodium..hheheheh

Yup understoood.. but sodium taken in a moderate level is ok lah but it's the msg that's not too healthy. In fact for home cooking. wifey don't use msg anymore. Buut if you eat out, very, very sure it's been used to enhance the taste.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Ehmmm this is call OT also? Want me to start another Forum ~ Eat & Be Merry? Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 am

BoW wrote:Ehmmm this is call OT also? Want me to start another Forum ~ Eat & Be Merry? Laughing

By all means, go and start a new thread if you think it's appropriate..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum