Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education future in Singapore

2 posters

Go down

Education future in Singapore Empty Education future in Singapore

Post  Ikon Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:10 am

Attended the PSLE briefing last night at my son's school. My youngest sitting for his PSLE this year, don't know how many of you guys with kids actually follow all the MOE announcement on the school policy and etc, but for me, I read only headlines didn't bother to really read the details.

Yesterday was an eye opener on how far the school system has come along. It was like one track during my time, no Normal or Express to talk about, however now at Primary level they have much more option to plot their future. You have PSLE, you have DSA ( Direct School Admission ) for P6, then once they go to Secondary school they have Express, Normal Academic, Normal Tech and etc.

Maybe point of interest for those with primary school going kids, PSLE is not the end result anymore with DSA. For DSA, my initial understanding was that the kid must be super genius to qualify for schools such as RI, Hwa Chong or even Dunman High, but that is not necessary true as you now have School of the Arts (SOTA), and another I think school of Science and Technology.

Least to say, you can nuture your child early if they have other talents, such as dance and performance or even photography to be recognised at national level achievement for them to gain DSA. Or they can even concentrate on one subject such as Maths and compete at National or International level, good chances that they can go to NUS High or somewhere better.

Too bad my son's achievement is in soccer, so he is not going anywhere other than Sport School. If he is good in rugby, maybe can try DSA to St. Andrew or even RI base on the 5% DSA quota. However I ask him, what are the chances he have for soccer and the tells me the top secondary school for soccer is Sengkang Sec. Sch affraid So who wants DSA to just another ordinary school? Simply no reward in playing soccer in Singapore. He has school mates that did very well in floor ball ending in good school like RI and RGS, but none from his soccer team got DSA to a good school for last year.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Education future in Singapore Empty Re: Education future in Singapore

Post  Captivian_Major Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 pm

wow...loke tat i must nuture my kid early early liao as my princesss going to be P1 in 1and half year later.... study

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 am

Captivian_Major wrote:wow...loke tat i must nuture my kid early early liao as my princesss going to be P1 in 1and half year later.... study
Yup you better go and find out your daughter hidden talent and nuture that!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Ikon wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:wow...loke tat i must nuture my kid early early liao as my princesss going to be P1 in 1and half year later.... study
Yup you better go and find out your daughter hidden talent and nuture that!

bust lately due to prince not feeling well....go A&E at KKH often....become their regular client Sad i m going to join PAP for my children future enrolment in P1... Razz

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down