Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any one heard of Syanon Jinja?

5 posters

Go down

Any one heard of Syanon Jinja? Empty Any one heard of Syanon Jinja?

Post  Ikon Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 pm

As above, anyone heardof this place before in Singapore?

Looking for kakis to go exploring, anyone keen to keep me company? Cool
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Any one heard of Syanon Jinja? Empty Re: Any one heard of Syanon Jinja?

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:22 am

what is that, Bro? where is the place?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Syanon Jinja is a Japanese shrine located in MacRitchie Reservoir. It's a lost and found location with significant historical background dated back to WWII with a shroud of mystery. Some claim that it houses the elusive Yamashita gold horde that the Japanese confisicate and stole in Asia during the WWII to finance their conquest, whereas there are also claim that the treasure is not gold but something more sinister, a source of power be it man made or spirtual and that Japan invade Singapore back then for this sole purpose to house this power here that will enable them to be victorious in Asia Pacific, but the source of power need to mature for 20 years before they become successful. They name Singapore Syanon which translate roughly as "Rising light of the East" something like that.

On historical record this place is just another Japanese shrine to honor their fallen warriors in the war for the Asia Pacific which pararrel to the one found in Bukit Batok. It was also claim that the shrine was destoryed by the British POW upon finding out that Japan had lost the war, whereas some claim that the Japanese themselves destroy the place to hid their secrects. No official word on this place as yet, and there is also no clear path to its location in MacRitchie but for sure this place has been found by others before and even documented the ruins.

Search the internet and you come across the SPI (Singapore Paranomal Investigator) site documenting their visit there and their attempt to draw the "kami" ( spirit ) out for interrogation. I just feel that this is a silly thing to do, believe it or not, spirits will be abound no matter where but such site should be investigated scientifically rather than "spirtually" otherwise the objective of such investigation cannot be truly accounted for, just my 2 cents.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:45 pm

when want to go?...sounds interesting...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Maybe the weekend 12-13 June... the more the merrier, not say I scared or what but this kind of place you can get lost in the jungle bro, so those with army experience can also volunteer for this Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am

woah suddenly the mood for exploring ehh...no matter how broght the day is..its gonna spooky,gloomy environment once in the jungle...respect the jungle brO...GD LUCK..GPS might be a good navigational device if get lost..walkies n fully charged HP are essentials...dun forget those DSLR with HD recording tOOO... Laughing
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 am

Siok, let do it...

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:21 pm

hmm...think sunday ok cause saturday werking....hehehe....going nite or morning eh?...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 am

stoned wrote:hmm...think sunday ok cause saturday werking....hehehe....going nite or morning eh?...hehehe

Morning ler, I don't think I got the guts to go at night...

Ok guys, here some pictures and graphics on the location from SPI website . This is another site where some guys went back in 2004, that's 6 years ago. Enjoy the reading, and see if anyone can make a guess for the exact location so that we don't waste too much time there when we can spend the time having breakfast!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:13 pm

nite more interesting mah...hahahaa....can take nite pictures...hahahaha
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:20 pm

stoned wrote:nite more interesting mah...hahahaa....can take nite pictures...hahahaha

No thanks la bro, I go Desaru take fire-fly picture I think is better...

Anyway can we confirm and organise this is the meet-up for June?

Date : 13 June, Sunday
Place : MacRitchie Reservoir
Time : 7.30 am
Breakfast : At Upper Thomson Road afterwards

We can make a point to end everything by 11 am so that the normal family outing can take place as usual.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:27 am

ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 pm

so far family got no plans....so can count me in...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:03 pm

ive been oways interested in this kind of adventure ...but the will of going is often debunked n lack of interest from other parties...ive been reading the SPI n blog given all week long...very interesting write up by the guys..
but the strange thing is...if im wrong ...the place of which the ruins remains is near to the place im living in currently...flanked by mass forest n expressway..
if we ever even get to the bird tower in the middle of Macritchie, it will nice though..the same ones located right in the middle of Pasir RiS park...got some memories of that thing siahh..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:24 pm

Cool, since we got nothing better can go trekking.... so far from what I research, the nearest point is from the HSBC Treetop walk which can be access from Venus Road. Coming in from here will save at least 2 hours walk. I will go and find out more information and post the meeting point for Venus Road. Been a long while since my patrol days, Venus Road is just after Thomson PLaza, see the Mobil/Esso station turn left here will lead to Venus Road.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 am

all the places u guys give....i never knew it existed....hahaha.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:44 am

Ok have done more searches, the correct location should be Venus Drive and not Venus Road. This is a new road adjacent to Windsor Park, so when you see the Esso/Mobil do not turn left but proceed to the next junction then turn left. There is suppose to be a public carpark where you can park for free. For those not familiar with this place, no problem this is along Upper Thomson Road and if you are gg to Sin Ming just proceed staright toward Upper Pierce and you see Thomson Plaza, that would be the landmark otherwise just dial in the name of the road in your GPS andyou should be able to locate it easily.

Just to update, I think we change the the time to 8 am to meetup at the carpark, unless you guys wanna have breakfast first the we can meet earlier. Minimally, please ensure that you wear footwear and avoid slippers if possible for safety reason Very Happy , bermudas are fine if you can tahan the mosquitos and other irritating insects Laughing , important wear something light coz you sure going to sweat a bit. Please bring along bottle drinks to keep you cool.

From what I gather, if we come in from this side of the entrance it will take 1 to 2 hours before locating the place, if we come in from MacRitchie, the trek will take at least 4 to 5 hours. This is my research so far:-

1. Near to the ranger station
2. Shorter walk if come in from Venus Drive
3. Also near the HSBC Treetop walk
4. The trail is mark by red paint
5. No direction sign but many people have been to this place,therefore we should be looking out for a well trodden path Laughing

SO far the participants for this morning exercise are:-

1. Majorjojo
2. Lost
3. Ikon

Participation still open, no need registration just put your nick down and turn up for this walk. Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Thought i surprised everyone by turning up to make up the numbers this morning. When none was present by 8am, knew something not right. As it turned up i was the one who was surprised. The meet-up/walk was called off. Guess my fault for not checking... Oh well, maybe next time..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:46 am

pussy_lover wrote:Thought i surprised everyone by turning up to make up the numbers this morning. When none was present by 8am, knew something not right. As it turned up i was the one who was surprised. The meet-up/walk was called off. Guess my fault for not checking... Oh well, maybe next time..

really sorry bro, as my kid went to KKH last sat night due to asmethic problem....mayb next time we go together when my kid is welll Embarassed

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Thought i surprised everyone by turning up to make up the numbers this morning. When none was present by 8am, knew something not right. As it turned up i was the one who was surprised. The meet-up/walk was called off. Guess my fault for not checking... Oh well, maybe next time..

really sorry bro, as my kid went to KKH last sat night due to asmethic problem....mayb next time we go together when my kid is welll Embarassed

It okay bro, how your kid now? Hope he has recovered. cheers
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:19 am

Captivian_Major wrote:

So how's your kid now? Hope she's ok. No worries on the walk thingy, my fault for not checking. Maybe next time...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Ikon wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:

It okay bro, how your kid now? Hope he has recovered. cheers

my kid is recovering.....thks bro

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm

pussy_lover wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:

So how's your kid now? Hope she's ok. No worries on the walk thingy, my fault for not checking. Maybe next time...

my kid is recovering and further more, his 1st step of walk was started last night and he was very excited too.... Very Happy

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:12 pm

cool bro... Cool
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 am

stoned wrote:cool bro... Cool

thks....hehehe

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum