Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandatory Inspection

5 posters

Go down

Mandatory Inspection Empty Mandatory Inspection

Post  Ikon Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:51 pm

Just got my notification from LTA to go for the mandatory first inspection after 3 years of my car. I was looking at the notice that LTA send me and I notice this particular information;

Tyre Size (Front/Rear) : 195/55R15 / 195/55R15

I'm just wondering, stock tyre was the 14" rims 185/60R14, I change to 17" 205/45R17 and I change again to my current rim which is 195/55R15. I change tyre never inform LTA before, how do they know my actual tyre size? Or was it GM short change us, the actual stock tyre as per LTA specification submission is 195/55R15 but when they sell the actual car they give us the 14"?

Anyone else on Optra and recently got their "Notice of Inspection..." can verify this?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Mandatory Inspection Empty Re: Mandatory Inspection

Post  starstruck96 Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:15 pm

rim sizes nt mandatory in inspection..maybe if u "chong" ur car to extreme rim size den they will relook at ur personality..being ala gundu better..pass vehicle inspection with flying colour.so far no news regarding rims..u mean u gt ur car @ size 14 rims?stock ler
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Optra stock tyre is 185/60R14, that what I get because I nvr pay extra to upgrade anything.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Ikon wrote:Just got my notification from LTA to go for the mandatory first inspection after 3 years of my car. I was looking at the notice that LTA send me and I notice this particular information;

I'm just wondering, stock tyre was the 14" rims 185/60R14, I change to 17" 205/45R17 and I change again to my current rim which is 195/55R15. I change tyre never inform LTA before, how do they know my actual tyre size? Or was it GM short change us, the actual stock tyre as per LTA specification submission is 195/55R15 but when they sell the actual car they give us the 14"?

Anyone else on Optra and recently got their "Notice of Inspection..." can verify this?

Bro LTA do not hv hard and fast rule regards the tyre and rim sizes....it ok.....jus go and inspection....at long ur tyres condition are ok... Cool I had done my inspection liao and renew my insurance and road tax.... bounce

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:
Ikon wrote:Just got my notification from LTA to go for the mandatory first inspection after 3 years of my car. I was looking at the notice that LTA send me and I notice this particular information;

Bro LTA do not hv hard and fast rule regards the tyre and rim sizes....it ok.....jus go and inspection....at long ur tyres condition are ok... Cool I had done my inspection liao and renew my insurance and road tax.... bounce

Hi Bro,

I know LTA are not concern with what tyres I have on as long as there are still thread on them and deem safe. I guess you miss my point. Let me it put clearly for those that don't get what I mean, lately many people misunderstood my postings:-

1. LTA sends me an inspection notice.
2. On the notice, the tyre specification is 195/55R15.

Initially I was simply joking by saying that my stock is 185/60R14, I change that to 205/45R17 then to my present 195/55R15 and LTA got it right.

Seriously what I meant was:-

1. If LTA record shows my tyre specification as 195/55R15, that means GM provide LTA this information before they import in the cars.
2. When I take over my car, the tyre was 185/60R14
3. Did StarAuto short change me by giving me 185/60R14 instead of the spec tyres that they provide to LTA which is 195/55R15?

That was what I was asking, not that I'm concern if LTA will fail me for not having the actual profile on my car.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 pm

hmm...got to find my letter la bro...hehehe....dunno where i throw it...i believe u kena short change ar bro...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 am

Optra stock tyres are 185/65/14. Think i still have my letter in the car somewhere. If true that was what stated then all Optra owners were short-changed. Damn...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 am

normally it will not short change, the 'spec' will be printed out after u purchased the car, the saleman will write down everything that they given to u which are the 'so-call' goodies to u especially tires( actually those goodies are from the dealer, if saleman dun gv, they will earn) those not in the will only verbally told u wat u will get extra( this will be fork out by saleman on his own). i belive it may b typpo erro....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:normally it will not short change, the 'spec' will be printed out after u purchased the car, the saleman will write down everything that they given to u which are the 'so-call' goodies to u especially tires( actually those goodies are from the dealer, if saleman dun gv, they will earn) those not in the will only verbally told u wat u will get extra( this will be fork out by saleman on his own). i belive it may b typpo erro....

I think accessories and spec are two different things leh, salesman can either give you the alloy rims or not and as for typo this is quite unlikely. I think before the distributor can bring in the car here they must submit the car specs and all the certificates for approval and LTA will use this information in our log card.

Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:51 am

Ikon wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:normally it will not short change, the 'spec' will be printed out after u purchased the car, the saleman will write down everything that they given to u which are the 'so-call' goodies to u especially tires( actually those goodies are from the dealer, if saleman dun gv, they will earn) those not in the will only verbally told u wat u will get extra( this will be fork out by saleman on his own). i belive it may b typpo erro....

I think accessories and spec are two different things leh, salesman can either give you the alloy rims or not and as for typo this is quite unlikely. I think before the distributor can bring in the car here they must submit the car specs and all the certificates for approval and LTA will use this information in our log card.

jus like me, the spec is 16" of rim but they gv me 18"......normall when they bring in any car, jus gv the spec to LTA for clearance then change whatever they want......one of my fren is sub con of many car distrubtior here, they will take down all the existing rims and tyres to change new one in sg......

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Major wrote:jus like me, the spec is 16" of rim but they gv me 18"......normall when they bring in any car, jus gv the spec to LTA for clearance then change whatever they want......one of my fren is sub con of many car distrubtior here, they will take down all the existing rims and tyres to change new one in sg......

I'm fine if spec says 15" and they give 16" or 17", but if spec says 15" and they give 14" offcourse I will not be happy la. In your instance, when you go down to the showroom, the spec is already 16" but they upgrade yours to 18". In my case they tell me the spec is 14" but on LTA paper it says 15" I think there is a difference in our circumstances.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 am

Ikon wrote:
Major wrote:jus like me, the spec is 16" of rim but they gv me 18"......normall when they bring in any car, jus gv the spec to LTA for clearance then change whatever they want......one of my fren is sub con of many car distrubtior here, they will take down all the existing rims and tyres to change new one in sg......

I'm fine if spec says 15" and they give 16" or 17", but if spec says 15" and they give 14" offcourse I will not be happy la. In your instance, when you go down to the showroom, the spec is already 16" but they upgrade yours to 18". In my case they tell me the spec is 14" but on LTA paper it says 15" I think there is a difference in our circumstances.

Or u may call them to clarify?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum