Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothing else better to do...

3 posters

Go down

Nothing else better to do... Empty Nothing else better to do...

Post  Ikon Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

...so what to do if you got nothing else better to do? This is what some smarta** did...

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges at four areas will increase by S$1 from November 1.

The increase is part of the Land Transport Authority’s (LTA) quarterly review of ERP-priced roads and expressways.

Motorists will have to pay S$4 from 8.30am to 9am at the gantries at the East Coast Parkway (ECP) at Fort Road and the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway slip road.

Those travelling westbound on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) near Kallang Bahru from 7.30am to 8am will have to pay S$1.

Charges at the Central Business District and Bugis-Marina Centre cordon on weekdays from 6.30pm to 7pm will be S$3.

At the Orchard cordon, charges for weekdays from 6.30pm to 7pm and Saturdays from 6.30pm to 8pm will increase by S$1 to S$2.

Motorists Yahoo! Singapore spoke to were shocked by the sudden increase.

“I don’t think increasing the ERP charges will help ease congestion on the road. LTA should get feedback from motorists before deciding to raise the rates,” said HR executive Karen Ng, 28.

Added delivery driver Mohd Ismail, 57, “The traffic isn’t very heavy in the morning at the KPE slip road so I am puzzled as to why they increase it to S$4 there.”

According to LTA, the next ERP review will take place next month for the December school holidays.

Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Nothing else better to do... Empty Re: Nothing else better to do...

Post  pussy_lover Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Ikon wrote:...so what to do if you got nothing else better to do? This is what some smarta** did...

Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges at four areas will increase by S$1 from November 1.

The increase is part of the Land Transport Authority’s (LTA) quarterly review of ERP-priced roads and expressways.

Motorists will have to pay S$4 from 8.30am to 9am at the gantries at the East Coast Parkway (ECP) at Fort Road and the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway slip road.

Those travelling westbound on the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) near Kallang Bahru from 7.30am to 8am will have to pay S$1.

Charges at the Central Business District and Bugis-Marina Centre cordon on weekdays from 6.30pm to 7pm will be S$3.

At the Orchard cordon, charges for weekdays from 6.30pm to 7pm and Saturdays from 6.30pm to 8pm will increase by S$1 to S$2.

Motorists Yahoo! Singapore spoke to were shocked by the sudden increase.

“I don’t think increasing the ERP charges will help ease congestion on the road. LTA should get feedback from motorists before deciding to raise the rates,” said HR executive Karen Ng, 28.

Added delivery driver Mohd Ismail, 57, “The traffic isn’t very heavy in the morning at the KPE slip road so I am puzzled as to why they increase it to S$4 there.”

According to LTA, the next ERP review will take place next month for the December school holidays.

That's what happen when u employ scholars... Only thinking of where to squeeze $$$ so that they can get fat bonus end of the year. Frankly, getting pissed by this ERP thingy. This morning i had to attend a conference at School of Fine Arts (SOFA) just next Cathay. From Bedok, i crossed a total of 5 ERP gantries before arriving at SOFA. Total ERP $6.00. Whole day parking kena $20.92. Damm pissed with the ERP. I passed Kolam Ayer, kena 1 gantry, coming into CTE about 500m after that kena another one. EEEeeee...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:27 pm

lol....donwan kena erp leave home at 6am la bro...hehehehe....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:36 pm

stoned wrote:lol....donwan kena erp leave home at 6am la bro...hehehehe....

Kakaka better still you must advise him to leave his car at home and take public transport... MRT to Dhoby Ghaut, come out can see SOTA already, no need pay ERP and no need to pay parking charges till $20/-, but our Datuk okay la can claim expenses..hahahahah
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:23 am

Ikon wrote:

Kakaka better still you must advise him to leave his car at home and take public transport... MRT to Dhoby Ghaut, come out can see SOTA already, no need pay ERP and no need to pay parking charges till $20/-, but our Datuk okay la can claim expenses..hahahahah

Yes, can claim expenses as it's official company business. The point is this ERP thing has sping up anywhere. If really serious abt controlling congestion, then have one gantry just at the entrance of each HDB carpark. Charge high, high during peak hours then you'll see people leaving their cars behind. Currently, don't know what review, suddenly ERP rates up. You have no control. These elite scholars are doing the thinking for you..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 am

pussy_lover wrote:
Ikon wrote:

Yes, can claim expenses as it's official company business. The point is this ERP thing has sping up anywhere. If really serious abt controlling congestion, then have one gantry just at the entrance of each HDB carpark. Charge high, high during peak hours then you'll see people leaving their cars behind. Currently, don't know what review, suddenly ERP rates up. You have no control. These elite scholars are doing the thinking for you..

lol... they are paid well to think.... pirat If I'm not mistaken, the ERP is constantly being review, whenever there is congestion or increase in road usage they will take steps to reduce the traffic by increasing the ERP fee..heheheh sounds corny but for sure we don't know what the criteria are. Do they take into consideration that some road get more congested because they are diggin up somewhere else and road work cause the congestion and motorist divert their route to avoid the congestion and thus increasing road usage on the paid roads?

Whatever it is, the fee is going to increase, for me I have opted out by choosing a weekend car and commuting by public transport to work on weekdays. I minimise my travelling expense but also enjoy the convenience of the car when I need it. Furthermore, if I need to travel during working hours, just use the taxi which is also claimable and I get driven around by a driver instead of stressing myself in all the congestion cheers
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:53 pm

well maybe they should not encourage ppl buy car lor....hahaha....nowadays ppl can buy car....so y not pay erp rates....hahaha.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:52 am

stoned wrote:well maybe they should not encourage ppl buy car lor....hahaha....nowadays ppl can buy car....so y not pay erp rates....hahaha.....

Thinker scratch , what would justify an increase in the ERP? More cars on the road = higher ERP, if they don't encourage how to increase the fee?

Anyway these days, the COE so high and still climbing so maybe we will see lesser people buying new cars but old car also no one scrapping due to demand for it.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum