Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of Formula 1

2 posters

Go down

State of Formula 1 Empty State of Formula 1

Post  Ikon Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 pm

What can I say about the only sport that I follow Shocked Due to new regulations and mostly the budget cap for 2010, Ferrari had already put an injunction against FIA in a Paris court and their appeal failed and now they are thinking of a a civil suit against FIA.

If all else failed they will withdraw from F1 next year, also following in their wake will be Renault, Toyota and Red Bull.

I'm not too sure what is going on but I believe this is about money. The budget cap would mean that each team will only get $40 million., but Ferrari and the other big teams are spending about between $600 to $800 million annually and capping their budget to just the $40 million is like telling some towkay that you are taking away his Merc and giving him a bicycle to go around.

The future of F1 is in the balance, and Max Mosley will take the honors of bringing down the marque known as the Secuderia Ferrari. Crying or Very sad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

State of Formula 1 Empty Re: State of Formula 1

Post  starstruck96 Thu May 21, 2009 7:51 pm

im waiting the finalize news from FiA..interesting budget cap...mcm take Chevy(CAMARO) to F1 tongue
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 pm

starstruck96 wrote:im waiting the finalize news from FiA..interesting budget cap...mcm take Chevy(CAMARO) to F1 tongue

Alamak bro you gotta be kidding right? Have seen an F1 car before or not? Even if you put in a 7000 cc engine in the Camaro they will lose to the Force India F1 car by at least 10 laps! Laughing F1 is not simply about power, the F1 car is being powered by 2.4 cc engine just like Bro Major's Captiva but the speed gain is in the aero design of the car. A simple rear diffuser design can gain them 1 sec per. lap, just imagine they can take corners a 200 km/h whereas the Camaro will need to slow down below 150km/h and that would translate something like 20 to 40 sec. per corner and don't forget F1 cars cover a 4 km track in less than 1m30 sec whereas the Camaro would take a good 3 min or more to that and you and I will take at least 10 mins!! affraid
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri May 22, 2009 8:02 pm

wat i meant was....if most notable teams pulled out of the F1 competition..den it will become f2, f3 or f4 liao...like tt kind of racing .better put my CaMarO lor..hehehehe..
juz a wishful thinking jer..
teams competing in the lower league will have more honda, ferrari lor.. Neutral
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri May 22, 2009 10:42 pm

starstruck96 wrote:wat i meant was....if most notable teams pulled out of the F1 competition..den it will become f2, f3 or f4 liao...like tt kind of racing .better put my CaMarO lor..hehehehe..
juz a wishful thinking jer..
teams competing in the lower league will have more honda, ferrari lor.. Neutral

Can la we enter you car, you as the driver no.1 and I become the team principal..how?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:35 am

jenson BuTTOn gona run away with the title this year @ Spore GP...
we shall wait n see...
BRAWN GP team reli making HAWAiiAN waves @ this year F1 season..
wers that reD feLaLi team huh...drivers no up to standard or the Current development is choking the teaM..? Sleep drunken
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:07 am

Yup, for sure Button gonna run with the title and the mixed Jepun girl on his arm as well Very Happy

That's the fortune of F1, Ferrari is lagging behind but not as bad as McLaren. The Reds themselves have 20 points compare to the Silver's 13 point.

Sometime when staff movement is in progress,that much you'll get. When Schumi retires, he took with him a whole chunk off experience from the team, mainly Ross Brawn which I rated him very highly as a technical genius and also at management level Datin Jean Todt...

Now more worse still with the budget issues they have, this one will not go away but you can expect them to come back to top flight very soon, that's their spirit.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

State of Formula 1 Empty Merc buy over Brawn GP

Post  Ikon Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:47 am

Dig out this old thread once more, looks like all the excitment seem to happen off season and now with news and confirmation that Mercedes has bought over 75.1% of Brawn GP and will rename the team as their own for 2010 season as Mercedes GP!

On top of that we still have several top drivers still without a contract and a team, notably the recent WDC Jenson Button future is still uncertain. Least to say, Kimi Raikkonen is also out of a team, if he is in the corporate world, the word retrench comes to mind, Ferrari paid him off and he don't give a shit. He now have 25mil Euro or half of that for doing nothing, why not?

Not forgetting both the Japanese team are out of F1 and we have a Malaysian Team debuting in F1 next year, emergence of the Asia motor industry power? So when will the Korean jump into this sport? They will have a race calendar in F1 soon enough and give them another 2 or 3 years they too will join in the bandwagon.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:11 am

weLL...with the kiLLer lOoKs of NiCO RosberG in the Mercedes BrawN GP..
im sure he gonna take nex season with high expectationS..
Very Happy
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:25 am

starstruck96 wrote:weLL...with the kiLLer lOoKs of NiCO RosberG in the Mercedes BrawN GP..
im sure he gonna take nex season with high expectationS..
Very Happy

Killer looks only meh? No killer instinct also no point lar.. Shocked
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:26 am

killer instinct is for assassinS mah...
kiLLer looKs will generate thousands of spectators/supporters flocking to fill the F1 arena.
Cool
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:51 am

starstruck96 wrote:killer instinct is for assassinS mah...
kiLLer looKs will generate thousands of spectators/supporters flocking to fill the F1 arena.
Cool

Hmmmm too bad I don't share the same sentiments... if it's like that,then all the spectators flocking are either woman or gay men since they are there not to watch the race but to gawk at handsome racers! Mad

Ultimately, F1 is about driving and cars, look at Kubica and you know what I mean! Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:38 pm

wat do Kubica have ?looKS?
blearghhh rabbit
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:00 pm

starstruck96 wrote:wat do Kubica have ?looKS?
blearghhh rabbit

That he don't have, but driving talent, yes and Rosberg don't even come close to his tenacity on track! My 2 cents Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

State of Formula 1 Empty Anyone looking for a personal driver

Post  Ikon Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:55 am

Looks like Kimi is sideline for 2010 season, dumped by McLaren for Buttons. Silly boy, too early he mentioned that he has no interest in any other team except the McLaren team!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:25 am

Kimi as a personal driver??
woah..should be driving for the Head of State.
fast on straights and flying into corners style... Laughing clown
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down