Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chevrolet Orlando

4 posters

Go down

Chevrolet Orlando Empty Chevrolet Orlando

Post  Ikon Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:22 am

This one almost miss my radar, only know about it today and also saw the advert during the program "The Voice" on cable TV today. The program was sponsored by Chevy.

Chevrolet Orlando Orlando

Chevrolet Orlando 2011-Chevrolet-Orlando-Rear-Pictures

Chevrolet Orlando Chevrolet%2BOrlando%2Binterior

The version available here is the LT model, the 1.8l petrol driven with 6 speed AT at 141 HP. Don't know what it cost but the Toyota Wish is going for around $103,000 these days, so can expect this model to sell between $90K to $110K.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Chevrolet Orlando Empty Re: Chevrolet Orlando

Post  starstruck96 Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:04 pm

like hummer ehh...but can seat 7 people. Smile
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 pm

A friend dreamt about acquiring this Orlando. But he woke up before completing the deal.. Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 pm

This is the kind of car dreams are made off... Laughing Don't be taken for a ride! Twisted Evil
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm

citroen picasso c4 lagi big...turbocharged summore..1.6THP engine.
alternative to NEW TOURAN.price not dropping leh for Volkswagen
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 pm

starstruck96 wrote:citroen picasso c4 lagi big...turbocharged summore..1.6THP engine.
alternative to NEW TOURAN.price not dropping leh for Volkswagen

Have patience la if you want your dream car, just take a look at market situation for the past few days, share market dropping like bat shit, Europe, USA and Asia also affected. Our $ also lose some ground to the greenback, if within the next two weeks or so if the market don't stabilize, you can expect the price of your Touran to drop by CNY 2012.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:31 pm

expected downturn? Question
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:46 am

starstruck96 wrote:expected downturn? Question

it will...wait for before CNY

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Just for fun, this is a dead forum. There are no longer active member here.

I actually purchased the Orlando in 2016. The model I purchase is the one with the 1.4 Turbo engine. The car was a good buy for me coz at that time my Optra was reaching the 10 year mark. I love that Optra, so well behave and don't give me much problem to the last day I trade it in for the Orlando.

The Orlando is another beast from Chevy but made in Korea. It has the usual trapping of Chevy for Asia model. The 1.4 Turbo engine is really sweet and it packed in 140hbp. This is a 7-seater MPV with an odd shape, boxy body and it ride kind of high. Overall this is a nice car to cruise on the highway, the interior is roomy for short trip and the 3 row seat can be tiresome for adult on longer overland trip.

The equipment that comes with the MPV is more upgraded that the Optra. It comes with auto wipers,infotainment with GPS and leather seats. The second row seats folds down for access to the 3rd row and can fold up for more space. The equipment was okay. The Orlando is a dream when cruising on the highway, especially the Malaysian NS Highway. I got a ticket as memento for speeding in excess of 170 km/h cheers The car is heavy thus when speeding you don't feel the speed sensation so much. Love it so much when driving up and down the highway. The petrol tank for the Orlando is 60 litre.

I added in side step for the Orlando which enhance the look of this car further. I also add in auto lights that will automatically switch on and off when the light level is low. Useful when driving in the tunnel or multi-storey or basement car parks. These are the good of Orlando that I enjoyed, and now comes the bad part. I mentioned above, the car is good on highway but when it comes to urban driving, this is where it really sucks! What sucks most is the fuel consumption, this car is heavy and the automatic gears comes with only 4 gears. When you come across a stretch of road with 4 or 5 traffic lights, the burden on this car can be felt as it shift between the gears, it's like almost dragging itself.

I also have problem with the 2nd row seats when I need to drop it for passenger to access the 3rd row seat. The lever that activate the seat will most of the time get jammed and refuse to budge. If this happen when it is raining, nobody will be happy about it. The infotainment died on me after one and a half year, easy to rectify by bringing the car to the agent to get it to work again. These are minor inconveniences, except the fuel consumption. Another major problem will be the overheating that will happen sooner or later for all Orlando, this is a major concern.

I get a bit pissed off thinking when this will happen to my Orlando. This is something I felt can be address by the Agent but they choose not to. This car comes with a timing chain, not a timing belt. Thus there is no major maintenance job to be done for 60K or 100K. Being a previous owner of the Optra, at every 60K I have to get the timing belt change and this maintenance job include changing the water pump and some other parts. So with the Orlando with no change to the timing chain, the water pump is also not changed and this part will get worn out at 60K and since it is not being maintained, it will simply leak and cause the overheating. For more Orlando owner, they will let this happen, towed back from where ever it happen and the agent will claim the warranty from GM for the repair job. I think this is a bit silly, where there is preventive maintenance that can be performed to rectify this issue, most preferred the inconvenience of being stranded somewhere and getting it fixed to claimed the warranty.

I am not one to go this route, if you have an important appointment and this happen, spark will definitely fly all over the place and I am not one to stress about it. The other factor that is also negative, is when GM decided to pull out from Asia. New models are no longer available for Chevy, they still maintained the support and warranty claim but Chevy is no longer a presence in Singapore. Well it say much driving a car with no presence here. All these factors led me to trading in this Orlando 3 month short of it's 3rd birthday for a SUV. Have I any regrets doing so? well I do miss the Orlando when I have to ferry the entire family or that trip up north, but when I read about people posting their overheating problem or other problem that comes with the car when it aged, yeah No regrets!

Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum