Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brother can you spare me $10?

5 posters

Go down

Brother can you spare me $10? Empty Brother can you spare me $10?

Post  Ikon Sat May 23, 2009 10:02 am

Well? Anyone can spare me $10? Sad

So what went in your mind when you see this posting? I had that experience yesterday during lunch time. The place is at Tampines MRT Station and I was walking back to my office minding my own business when this Chinese lady, maybe in her late 30s' or early 40s, plump and properly attire step in front of my path and stop me short in my stride. She was standing just a few inches from me, I'm a tall dude so she was like looking up directly into my eyes and says something like " I no money please help me " So I ask her how much she want and the first word that came out from her lipstick mouth was $10. I go like huh so much ha..then I walk away. She don't look like she got money woes with the way she is dress but I suspect she's a little bit sort on the brain department.

How many of you would give her the $10? Frankly, I'm normally on low cash wallet scheme Smile I don't carry wad of cash with me as measures to prevent me from spending, so I would just withdraw $20 from the ATM and that money can last me a couple of days, sometime it will run out but if I'm too lazy to go look for an ATM, then I go cashless for a few days. However yesterday I had more than a $100 in my wallet. What set me thinking after that , why or what makes anyone beg for money. There are many method of begging, those that really need the money don't approach individual and ask outright and putting a tag as to how much you want? That's a little bit outrageous. If she approach 20 people and all gave her $10, she end up with more money than me at the end of the day.

Honestly, I 'm fine with baskers. If I like their music, I will contribute to their donation box, at least they have the dignity to showcase their talent for small token, but I don't normally give to people or more accurately habitual people that take advantage of people's generous nature or awkward situation.

So how many would give?

Just an afterthought, the way this crazy lady stop me short in my stride standing just a few inches from my face, literally she could have seen the hair in my nose, that's how close she was to me... what if she is younger, prettier, in a sexy tank top and hot pants, asking the same $10... how would I have reacted? Would I give it to her? Most probably I'll be shocked but I would still not give her the money, not that I'm stingy, because the first thing that would go through my mind is .."crazy"...no matter how sexy she may be!

So what would you guys do? I know who would give...a lover of pussies.. affraid
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Brother can you spare me $10? Empty Re: Brother can you spare me $10?

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2009 10:31 am

Hmmm!!!! yum yum lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sat May 23, 2009 12:55 pm

I wont gv the money..if she or he need makan will buy for it...money? no no all the way...... Evil or Very Mad

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 pm

As a personal rule, i don't give to beggars coz you'll only encourage them to beg since it's so easy to get $$. But there are times when it's so pitiful. i just drop a dollar or two and be on my way. I'll never give to those that hang out at hawker centres like the one at Geylang Serai Market and go table to table reciting some Quranic verses and expecting $$. I'll just wave them away.. It's different if they are hungry and ask to buy food, then yes, i'll buy food for them. Happen to me a couple of months ago at Bedok interchange hawker centre. Was eating with wifey and son when an old man approach and ask if can get him some food as he's hungry. No second thoughts, just ask him to order whatever he wants and paid for it. It was just a plate of chicken rice, no big deal.. So bro Major, we have the same thinking..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat May 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Next time I see eating at restaurant, I come and approach you for free food Very Happy So any plan to eat anywhere tonight? Time and place bro, I go find you ... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Sat May 23, 2009 7:00 pm

maybe there is nothing wrong in her head....sometime these ppl r addicts....just need cash to buy their supplies...dun be surprised if they selling their ipods for just $10 or $20.... Evil or Very Mad...bro BOW maybe i join u look for bro pussy....no cash with empty stomech now.... lol!
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat May 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Laughing Hdehehe problem is Singapore quite big, and bro pussy keep quiet liao.. where he go for his makan tonight lol!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat May 23, 2009 9:02 pm

BoW wrote:Laughing Hdehehe problem is Singapore quite big, and bro pussy keep quiet liao.. where he go for his makan tonight lol!

Today whole day at home (I don't believe it myself!). So dinner at home lah. Don't why wifey today don't want to go anywhere so i washed my car and laze around the whole day..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Mon May 25, 2009 12:07 am

no matter wat, i wont gv $$$ if he or she need grocreies will buy for them so $$ Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad if not they will use to it to beg for more $$$ What a Face

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon May 25, 2009 9:20 am

$10? Sad
like tat i should be asking her siah...so much where got spare change. pirat
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down