Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rims : To Repair or get new ones

4 posters

Go down

Rims : To Repair or get new ones Empty Rims : To Repair or get new ones

Post  Ikon Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Hey guys, don't if you are aware of one of the vendor at Paya Lebar selling rims and tyres. I have not recce the place yet so cannot comment on the pricing unless one of you have already done that.

I'm contemplating, should I repair my rims, i.e. get rid of the kerb rashes and repaint the affected parts or should I just get new rims instead?

Repair is around $40 per rims, if change color will be around $80 to $100. If new rims cost around $150 to $170, I don't know which one is more worthwhile. Any thoughts? Question
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Rims : To Repair or get new ones Empty Re: Rims : To Repair or get new ones

Post  pussy_lover Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

BoW wrote:Hey guys, don't if you are aware of one of the vendor at Paya Lebar selling rims and tyres. I have not recce the place yet so cannot comment on the pricing unless one of you have already done that.

I'm contemplating, should I repair my rims, i.e. get rid of the kerb rashes and repaint the affected parts or should I just get new rims instead?

Repair is around $40 per rims, if change color will be around $80 to $100. If new rims cost around $150 to $170, I don't know which one is more worthwhile. Any thoughts? Question

Bro, why don't you check out the shop first. Seems like they have lots of rims both new and used. Understand they also take in trade-in. From there you can weigh your options. Frankly, if repairs cost more than 50% of new rims, then better to get new rims. Just my 2 cents..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Ya... but I kind like my existing rims... ok maybe bro Pussy if you free this Saturday morning you wanna go recce the place? Breakfast on me.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:42 pm

yeah bro....y dun go recee 1st.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  46 Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:26 pm

hi bros.... is the place at 344 Circuit Link? very big place inside an old warehouse??? What a Face What a Face bounce bounce

Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:40 pm

46 wrote:hi bros.... is the place at 344 Circuit Link? very big place inside an old warehouse??? What a Face What a Face bounce bounce

Yup that's the place, have you been there before? How's the pricing?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:13 pm

how abt giving us some feedback there....??....me want to survey some tires....hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum