Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accident on PIE

5 posters

Go down

Accident on PIE Empty Accident on PIE

Post  pussy_lover Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:41 pm

I just saw a most harrowing accident on the PIE 30 mins ago..(8.45pm)

I filtered into the PIE from Paya Lebar Road heading towards Changi Airport. From Lane 3 could see Lane 1 kind of congested and traffic building up. Decided to filter into Lane 2 and as i filter in just glanced my right wing mirror. Saw a car coming in real fast in Lane 1. This is just after the Paya Lebar flyover towards Changi. Before you know it, that car just smashed into the rear of the last car in Lane 1. I was just next to that car and as i usually drive with windows down when alone, the sound of the impact was really loud. Could see the train effect of at least 5 or 6 cars. I was shocked for a second but had the presence of mind to quickly move away. On impact i could actually see debris flying. Strange thing is there was no screeching of brakes...In other words, the driver wasn't aware that traffic was at a standstill. All this happened opposite the Paya Ubi Industrial Complex. From the impact, i'm very sure they must be injuries. Hope nobody got killed.

So guys please pay attention when you drive especially at this stretch of road. Just took a second of inattentive driving and...disaster! I'm really puzzled why no attempt to brake... Close shave man..!

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Accident on PIE Empty Re: Accident on PIE

Post  stoned Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:09 pm

alhamdulillah....lucky u filter to the other lane bro....still can visit ur place this raya.... Smile
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I have nothing to comment except that all this accidents reflects on how "good" Singaporean driving is.
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 am

Since no braking sound, could it be another "insurance claim" scam?? Now we know why the action of a few idiot drivers can resulted in higher premium.

Anyway. this festive season, bound to have lots of "festive driver", meaning those that rent car for this occassion, so be careful when you guys are out there these long holiday.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:46 am

stoned wrote:alhamdulillah....lucky u filter to the other lane bro....still can visit ur place this raya.... Smile

Thanks for your concern... Shocked

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:48 am

BoW wrote:Since no braking sound, could it be another "insurance claim" scam?? Now we know why the action of a few idiot drivers can resulted in higher premium.

Anyway. this festive season, bound to have lots of "festive driver", meaning those that rent car for this occassion, so be careful when you guys are out there these long holiday.

Don't think this was insurance scam as impact was so great, probably the driver also injured. But yes, exactly what i was thinking - insurance premium to go up again...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

non car owners have to go defensive driving to keep them updated on road conditions n surrounding lar..
unlike those OPC or regular driver who does their driving either daily or fortnighly.. clown cheers
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum