Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HWL Adjustable Suspension aka Coilover

4 posters

Go down

HWL Adjustable  Suspension aka Coilover Empty HWL Adjustable Suspension aka Coilover

Post  Ikon Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

So, thinking too much about my car and came across this interesting

HWL Adjustable  Suspension aka Coilover 1178

Full details can be found here :-

HWL Coilover for Optra

Let put this topic for discussion. This is just height adjustable and not dampening. The cost is in RM 2180 or equivalent to SGD 900.00 give or take. How good or reliable is this product, looking for someone to try it out, any volunteer.

Anyway my logic, lowering spring will cost about SGD 300/-, however it's highly likely that if the spring rate is not mated to the shock absorber, means you will need to spend another $250++.

So is this coilover worth it? Frankly if you got cash to spare and your suspension is about to kaput, add a little more and you get slightly more....... Laughing Anyone care to debate with me on my logic?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

HWL Adjustable  Suspension aka Coilover Empty Re: HWL Adjustable Suspension aka Coilover

Post  stoned Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

no comment...hehehe....niwae the price given is for all four suspension...front n back?...or the back is just spring n absorber....??
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

HWL Adjustable  Suspension aka Coilover Empty Re: HWL Adjustable Suspension aka Coilover

Post  Ikon Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Should be for all 4 suspension, price offer is from kakimoto. I have been surfing the web looking for comments on the HWL Adjustable Suspension, Funny la bro, the Malaysian website tend to confuse me, dunno if "adjustable" is the same as coilovers.

Anyway, so far different car makes got install this "adjustable" suspension, but no one really do a review, so don't know if it's good or bad. So far the most negative I came across is "harsh", then again, most recommend that you get in touch with the factory which is in Sungei Buloh and they can customize for your ride. This means if any Aveo bro wants to install they can do it as well. Can get further discount if get it done at the factory which should be the better option since they would know what they are doing.

Final say, so far they are saying that this HWL is comparable to Titan, another locally made "adjustable" suspension and so far many have commented that HWL is better than GAB. Last I check from a "reliable" source, Optra shock absorber cost about $190 each, round that off to $200 and if you get 4, that comes to $800. Hmmm this option is looking better and better, for another $100 or more, you get new suspension that i.e. spring and shock and also lowering as well.

Too bad, my suspension is still in good condition, otherwise I might just drop HWL an email to find out the possibilities... Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 pm

no harm bombarding/dropping mail to HWL...
go on..
any aveO who wants customize can follow suit..
only few aveOS in here though.. lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Alamak bro, more poison.. My ride is 42 months old but the shocks are still ok i guess. Then again no harm in looking for alternatives in the meantime. This set certainly looks like a good alternative. Btw,
RDY is selling GAB coilovers for $1200 for set of 4 (Optra). Do your maths, this is certainly better than set of lowering spring..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:42 pm

More information...and before I forget this site as well, useful information for those who wants to find out about how the suspension system work and about tunning it. Please go here and enjoy the read.

Be prepare to spend some time and a couple of Panadol as well as this article can be quite technical (typical ang mo style, where they assume everyone is an Engineer Laughing ) and lookout for the formulae and equation and etc.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Bro , how to tell that our suspention dah kaput,hah? Embarassed Question Is it when kaceng touch and feel the ground pale

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Torque Angel wrote:Bro , how to tell that our suspention dah kaput,hah? Embarassed Question Is it when kaceng touch and feel the ground pale

What you mean by kencing touching the ground? scratch
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 pm

kencing sure touch groud lar..
if not touch wer? confused bounce lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:06 am

starstruck96 wrote:kencing sure touch groud lar..
if not touch wer? confused bounce lol!

Question: What touch the ground? Rolling Eyes
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:39 am

ermmm..the ''cute'' thumb ?? cheers lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum