Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The M1 Experience

5 posters

Go down

The M1 Experience Empty The M1 Experience

Post  Ikon Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:31 pm

What else.. shitty service from M1. I have two M1 student plan for my elder kids. They have since given up on the plan as they end up paying higher. Both contract expire recently, so we decide to terminate the line. My wife tried calling the 1677 number for almost a week and cannot get through to the Customer Service officer.

This morning we went to Tampines M1, my wife got in the long queue, only to be told they don't do termination at Tampines, we will need to either go to Paragon or IMM. drunken Duh since when got such thing, so we decide to go to IMM, may seem further but chances of getting parking is far more easier than getting caught in the jam in town on a Sunday.

Got in the queue for the no. and waited for almost half an hour before we git attended to. CS very polite, then inform us that my daughter need to come down to terminate the line, but no worrries, she gave us a DEDICATED NO to call for termination Suspect So I go like WTF, there is a dedicated no. to call in to terminate the line? Why the f$%^ the fella in Tampines never inform us and sent us all the way to IMM to be inform there is a number to call in?

Best part, all this while the CS was trying to convince me to hang on to the line, talk about long time customer, loyalty bullshit and telling is we don't have to pay a single damn thing for 3 months and etc! With this kind of service provided, no thanks I rather cut off all ties I have with them early.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

The M1 Experience Empty Re: The M1 Experience

Post  stoned Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:19 pm

bro...customer service line is 1627 or 1677?....so far ok only them with me...
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 pm

aiyah..i was browsing ard the TELCOS for my next signup ..
had enuff of starhub line...trying for either SINGTEL OR M1..
aiming that elusive iPhone or HTC HD2..
comments pls..on telcos n high tech phones..
thanks. Very Happy
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:57 pm

stoned wrote:bro...customer service line is 1627 or 1677?....so far ok only them with me...

Yup typo error should be 1627, tried that over the last two weeks and it's like waiting for a windfall, half an hour still cannot get through to the CS.

As for the service level, my wife have been using M1 for quite sometime, however it seem that when she is in certain part of the house, the reception is really bad. We initially thought it's the phone, so swap with my Starhub line on her phone, the reception is okay whereas my phone using the M1 line also got reception problem.

This could be also due to our location maybe, so maybe the reception would be better in the west then in the east, the usual thing perhaps it's about base stations.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 pm

starstruck96 wrote:aiyah..i was browsing ard the TELCOS for my next signup ..
thanks. Very Happy

What's your criteria in selecting a telco? Technologically, the 3 should be on par with each other and now all 3 have iPhone and HTC D2.

Only difference is that Starhub is still on per sec bilings, unless M1 or Singtel has also done this then everything should be on equal footing. Past few years, Starhub dominate the market, but I think 2010 will be Singtel's year, best is to see what they have to offer. The market will hot up again once we are in full swing for 2010.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 am

I also had my brush with M1. Was furious with them for a screw up and wanted to terminate and go over the other telcos since now got number portability and i bought my number and want to retain it. Same story lah - "long time customer blah blah blah... I played hardball till the CS can't make a decision and had to get manager to attend to me. In the end they relented with some "sincere apologies", rebates om my monthly bill, voucher and other "gifts". Only reason i'm still with M1 is wife is using the line and prefers to stay with them. If any of the other telcos screw up, i do the same thing. I'll just whack them hard and make them pay. Btw, i have lines with all 3 telcos, Singtel being the longest, M1 since they started and Starhub just about a year ago.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 am

starstruck96 wrote:aiyah..i was browsing ard the TELCOS for my next signup ..
thanks. Very Happy

Check with bro stoned as i understand he just got a 32GB Iphone with one of the telcos on a high end plan and paid nothing for it.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:32 am

So bro stoned, how's the Iphone? My only worries about this phone is that it cannot connect to my headunit via the bluetooth. Can confirm if the connectivity us seemless?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:35 pm

hehehe....have not tried on a bluetooth earpiece or headunit yet...hehehe...but from the online manual i read u just need to do the pairing n u should not have any prob...so far from my 1st hp i bought i have been with m1...but eversince i joined singtel i port over to singtel to enjoy the staff rate....hehehe....but now i'm port back to m1 for the iphone....hehehe....if u got over due payment they will sent the reminder letters after a week of over due...n each reminder letter i hve to pay for that letter...hehehe....n ithink now m1 also beginning with per sec billing....not so sure abt singtel....n can't complain with the reception....m1 is just an independent co. whereas singtel n starhub has the Lee's family backing if u know wat i mean....even my home the reception is no gd....so just got to walk ard the house to get the best reception...hehehe.....iphone is cool....my family seems to like it cause if the games they have...hehehe....1 thing abt iphone is dat they r exclusive....not really mainstream....everything must be compatible with their goods....kinda leceh but cool...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Glad you are enjoying your iphone, a friend told me the download is endless and storage space at 32GB is really spacious. Wink
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:29 pm

BoW wrote:Glad you are enjoying your iphone, a friend told me the download is endless and storage space at 32GB is really spacious. Wink

yeah...truex3....hahahhaa
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 pm

iphone is so over HYPE..
i prefer the less HYPE ones..
so my next PDA will be HTC HD2.the biggest ever screen to date in PDA/touchscreen high end phones..
i got some personal issues with STARHUB..personnel.so im switching to Singtel as M1 have still not gain enuff coverage although they market as anywhere under the sun..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:05 am

buy blackburry loh..if u want....simple and user friendly....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

i want + stylo brO..
mcm using 4.3" GPS to talk lar..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator