Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your brand of photographic equipment

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is your photo equipment

What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_lcap20%What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_lcap40%What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_lcap0%What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_lcap20%What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_lcap0%What's your brand of photographic equipment I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

What's your brand of photographic equipment Empty What's your brand of photographic equipment

Post  Ikon Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Just really curious, I'm doing a survey on the brand of photograpic equipment and I believe everyone have their preference, do you mind sharing with me why you choose that brand ?

For me I have 3 other brothers, they each prefer different brands. My late eldest brother start off with a Pentax, my second brother play around with a Nikon and my third brother prefer Olympus and so I end up with a Canon Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

What's your brand of photographic equipment Empty Re: What's your brand of photographic equipment

Post  pussy_lover Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:49 pm

I am currently on Nikon system. Actually, i started off with Olympus OM-1 SLR. Used it during my school days but switch to Nikon when i started working and getting serious with the hobby. Did a lot of freelance work to finance upgrading lens, getting another body, and other accessories. Currently still have 1 film SLR body with a few lenses. Been wanting to let go the film camera but so far offers i got been too low. Anyway, I'm using Nikon D90 now. Just a kit system but keen to get a tele-lens and flash unit when i have $$$. I'm keen to let go my film SLR . Please check the used itmes for sale section. Cheers...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

What's your brand of photographic equipment Empty Re: What's your brand of photographic equipment

Post  Ikon Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:36 pm

pussy_lover wrote:I am currently on Nikon system. Actually, i started off with Olympus OM-1 SLR. Used it during my school days but switch to Nikon when i started working and getting serious with the hobby. Did a lot of freelance work to finance upgrading lens, getting another body, and other accessories. Currently still have 1 film SLR body with a few lenses. Been wanting to let go the film camera but so far offers i got been too low. Anyway, I'm using Nikon D90 now. Just a kit system but keen to get a tele-lens and flash unit when i have $$$. I'm keen to let go my film SLR . Please check the used itmes for sale section. Cheers...

Alamak abang, vote at the poll la... Mad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:42 am

what else i may need?now have flash,telezoom,prime lenses, dry cab etc..
exposure to the real world maybe..angle of landscape n potraits.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

starstruck96 wrote:what else i may need?now have flash,telezoom,prime lenses, dry cab etc..
exposure to the real world maybe..angle of landscape n potraits.

Post some of your nice shots la... let us see your pictures
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm

i shy lar...not good pics..learning curve,,hope to see more members taking up photography so we can MAYBE organise an outing of photography.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:39 pm

starstruck96 wrote:i shy lar...not good pics..learning curve,,hope to see more members taking up photography so we can MAYBE organise an outing of photography.

Not likely la, this hobby is not cheap if you want good quality pictures other then using a compact digital camera.

As for showing your pics, no need to be modest just provide a link and let us decide maybe you can teach the old bird here a thing or two.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:38 am

haha...i tink nid the old birds here to teach me lar..
i only take random pics..mostly @ nite...those skylines @ Marina area is damn B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
daylight landscape n potraits are much to learn..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:01 pm

well...i hv long time didnt touch my SLR..not digital type ya.....so i will try to pick up the hobby again when time and money permit...Razz

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:22 pm

BoW wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:I am currently on Nikon system. Actually, i started off with Olympus OM-1 SLR. Used it during my school days but switch to Nikon when i started working and getting serious with the hobby. Did a lot of freelance work to finance upgrading lens, getting another body, and other accessories. Currently still have 1 film SLR body with a few lenses. Been wanting to let go the film camera but so far offers i got been too low. Anyway, I'm using Nikon D90 now. Just a kit system but keen to get a tele-lens and flash unit when i have $$$. I'm keen to let go my film SLR . Please check the used itmes for sale section. Cheers...

Alamak abang, vote at the poll la... Mad

Voted liao...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm

BoW wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:i shy lar...not good pics..learning curve,,hope to see more members taking up photography so we can MAYBE organise an outing of photography.

Not likely la, this hobby is not cheap if you want good quality pictures other then using a compact digital camera.

As for showing your pics, no need to be modest just provide a link and let us decide maybe you can teach the old bird here a thing or two.

I posted a shot taken sometime back of KL twin towers. It's in my gallery but mods need to approve the foto before posting. This was taken hand held using a point & shoot Lumix. Personally, i'm surprised at the result using a simple PnS. What do you think?

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:03 am

pussy_lover wrote:
BoW wrote:

I posted a shot taken sometime back of KL twin towers. It's in my gallery but mods need to approve the foto before posting. This was taken hand held using a point & shoot Lumix. Personally, i'm surprised at the result using a simple PnS. What do you think?

Hheehh.. since when photo upload kena approved by Mod, anyway here is the nice picture from our guru

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since when you using Lumix bro? Nice angle shot just like standing under a woman with her legs spread apart... Shocked Noted, what's your ISO setting, the picture is a bit noisy, toward the top it's a bit grainy and blurry.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 am

On second thoughts after looking at the pciture in the forum, the picture is to noisy not a bit, you can see the noise in the black area, very grainy but good for a P n S camera. Hopefully we can get to do the twin tower with the DSLR and see the outcome.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 am

very noisy brO..are u using auto or manual overide of the PnS..
usually in PnS ..auto mode is the safest way to bring out the pics quality..less noise n more vibrant colours.
in PnS/DSLR during nite time..to take these skyline/outline of statures..we need to flash off n tripod to reduce the noise.those remote cable or wireless control is a gd investment.cheap.
put to low iso n if tripod is not available..hold the camera close to u..held the breathe n snaP/shoot..
mcm in the shooting range lar.. lol!
hope this helps to refresh the rustiness..i maybe wrong..do correct me.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

lumix series can capture good DSLR quality ..if u tweaked ur shooting stance n settings..
Practise makes purfEct brO... cheers
i had my first LUMIX PnS years ago..good 1.5" screen with nice potraits captured.moved on to CASiO exilim series..now having Samsung low end series ones. king
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:44 am

oh ya brO...invest in a cool moderate kind of DRY CABINET for ur expensive hobby..30L will suffice to put the body prime,telezoom,flash n few more other assesories..to keep the fungus n extreme temperature @ bay.
dun wan to get cleaning the lenses for fungi. Cool
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 am

Well, idon't expect much from a PnS digicam. Didn;t do any setting, just let the camera do its job. Flash? Firstly, it's out of range, secondly, flash not strong enough to cover the angle. Btw, you don't normally use flash in this situation. What's "noisy" in this instance means. I'm a dinosaur at these techno terms. It's grainy and blurred coz it's hand held. Would love to do this same shot with a DSLR on a tripod to compare. Anyway, good to know we have some foto buffs here able to see and comment. I'll try to dig up my test shots of my D90 and post them.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 am

Looking forward to that bro!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:51 am

sory for the terms i use...im learning all these from internet/books/magS...i maybe wrong.
noise= grainy
so what im saying is ur Petronas tower pic has lots of grainy areas..
if flash is off...u pretty nid a stable kind of posture to maintain the blurry pic.it is RATHER DIFFICULT to do that w/o tripod.so the best way i can presumed to take that kind of pic is to cover/bounce ur flash.
certainly with ur D90 n tripod,u'll get a much much better pic.its like wat u see wat u get kind of moment.
ur 16-105 VR lens is a good choice.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:58 am

The Petronas TT is about 1483 ft tall, your P & S camera flash can cover the most 30 ft, the point here when you take low light photography you don't use your flash, it will not be able to illuminate the entire subject such as the TT. See lots of people some even with DSLR at Marina Barrage pointing to and taking picture of the IR with the build in flash, at that distance don't really see what they are illuminating.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:36 pm

in built flash?no use lor..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:44 pm

tink most pnS will have range 5-10 ft of flash..dslr would have 15-20 ft most.(inbuilt ones)
external flash are usually bounce to create softer illuminator image.@ the range those people are taking of IR shots will have dark noisy pics.
anyway brO bOW...ajak me along for ur future night photography trips...im keen to learn from U. Laughing
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:20 pm

starstruck96 wrote:tink most pnS will have range 5-10 ft of flash..dslr would have 15-20 ft most.(inbuilt ones)
external flash are usually bounce to create softer illuminator image.@ the range those people are taking of IR shots will have dark noisy pics.
anyway brO bOW...ajak me along for ur future night photography trips...im keen to learn from U. Laughing

Laughing Sorry hor, you can't learn much from me, I'm also looking for a "sifu" to teach me about photography. Waiting for bro PL to offer his services, so lets wait and see.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm

Sorry lah, I'm a little rusty on technics. But SS96 seemed to know what he's talking about so perhaps can give some pointers to this dinosaur. We can go out on an outing and learn as we go... Still so many things to read up on digital photography. I haven't even cover the manual of my D90. I tried the timer and somehow doesn't work. See plenty to find out and learn..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 pm

If like that. everyone is on equal footing la...all DSLR noobs! Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum