Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Road Award - Singapore

Go down

Worst Road Award - Singapore Empty Worst Road Award - Singapore

Post  Ikon Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:15 am

We always put forward what's the best that we have here in Singapore, such as the best airport, best port and etc. Just though that we should also highlight some of the screw-up and least thought off things around us. I'll start off with the "Worst Road in Singapore" and I'm not going to limit this to only one road, so if you guys encounter that please post with details such as location and what to expect.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Worst Road Award - Singapore Empty Tampines Avenue 7

Post  Ikon Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:32 am

I start off with Tampines Avenue 7. In MHO, the town planner screw up major on this road. This is one of the many entrance/exit to/from Tampines. The screw-up start from the junction of Tampines Ave 7 and Loyang Avenue, just imagine you have 4 lanes from Loyang Avenue coming into Tampines Ave 7, a sliproad from Tampines Expressway, and all this merge into two lane less than 50m from the junction. Topping off, you get a bus-stop 100 m out and about 200m out a traffic juction with Tampines Ave 52.

Early morning and evening traffic will without fail cause a congestion due to the bottleneck. This is not helping when you have schools nearby such as Tampines JC, Dunman, Ngee Ann and etc. The situation get worst when it rains and at the junction between Tampines Ave 7 and Tampines St. 52, this is when the 2 lane become a single lane as vehicle turning left stop to give way to pedestrian crossing the road, traffic also can come to a standstill when cars "q" to turn right as well.

I also notice, seconadary road merge into major road, they construct slipway but major road to secondary road, no sliproad. Damn silly, this will only hold back more traffic. Best part Tampines is such a busy place as not only they have residential but as well as business district and the only entrance designate would be Tampines Ave 5 coming in from PIE you have the 4 lanes.

Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum