Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diesel Powered Vehicles.

3 posters

Go down

Diesel Powered Vehicles. Empty Diesel Powered Vehicles.

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 am

I didn't know that Diesel cost more then petrol in the UK Shocked This is the interesting part, they touted that diesel is the cleaner option for fossil fuel, more environment friendly but yet they are priced higher in most countries. E.g. would be in like here, diesel price is almost at par with petrol, for privately own vehicle you will have to pay a hefty diesel tax to drive one.

So what is the direction that we are heading when it comes to powering our cars? Recently I found out that the diesel engine was design for peanut oil by the inventor and in a recent 5th Gear program, they drove 200 miles in a 250D Merc using "chip oil", cooking oil used for fish and chips in the UK. No modification was done on ethe car, they simply pour in the oil, start up the car and drove 200 miles!

One thing for sure, diesel has more torque that's the reason we see it use for commercial vehicles, good for pulling load and with an added turbo, that's even comparable to petrol powered vehicles!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Diesel Powered Vehicles. Empty Re: Diesel Powered Vehicles.

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 pm

whatever it is.....at the end of the day the cost will be high when use common in all...so what is the rational?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Due to diesel tax for private registered cars, it's not really viable to own a diesel powered ride. I stand corrected, but diesel tax is $6600 per year. This is on top of your normal road tax.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:14 pm

The whole rational is for a clearner fossil fuel alternative but you are being taxed heavily for wanting to reduce your carbon foot print, just my two cents. More should be done to encourage the use of alternative fossil fuel such as hybrid or purely electrical vehicles.

In the UK, if you are driving the G Wiz car, you are exempted from their congestion tax (something like ERP) and you park for free at any metered parking in London.

Diesel Powered Vehicles. GWizScottTXP_468x365

This car is electric 100% with a top speed of 40 mph and you can recharge from your home electrical outlet.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum