Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula 1 - Season 2011

2 posters

Go down

Formula 1 - Season 2011 Empty Formula 1 - Season 2011

Post  Ikon Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 am

Whoa looking forward to this year F1..finally I get to watch it live...and on 42" of space Very Happy The cancellation of the Bahrain GP was a blessing as well, at least I won't get to miss the first race of the season.

Who will it be this year? A repeat by Red Bull? Ferrari and Alonso's revenge on their slim loss of the title last year? Or the old man of the track...slowly,slowly making his way to the front?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 - Season 2011 Empty Australia GP - 27 Marc 2011

Post  Ikon Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:38 am

The start of Formula 1 - Melbourne GP, at long last finally the season will be starting soon. What's new this year is that we have moveable wings and the returns of KERS and most notable is a change in the tire supplier. It's Pirelli this year as Bridgestone bids farewwll to F1 in the Brazil GP in 2010.

Interesting facts about tires this year, Pirelli has made less durable so we will get to see pitlanes poker this year...looking forward to that!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 - Season 2011 Empty Re: Formula 1 - Season 2011

Post  starstruck96 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:27 am

Hopefully all goes well for F1 season.with the world issues pending.same goes to MOTOGP season. Haizz.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

No worries, these are highly commercialized projects, no matter what it still will go on, otherwise you are looking in the region of more tham 100 million loses for the sport for every venue. They may skip some of the trouble spots like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, but they will have new location like India and Russia to replace.

Anyway the Singapore GP contract is also about to end, next year I think but so far there is no words if Singapore is interested in continuing hosting the GP here.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm

spore very own sports track is not even the works...construction stop due arising cost problems.
much complains from the vendors/retailers for ruining their business during the street race is nt helping the cause for further extensions. Neutral
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Fantastic start to the season and congratulations to Seb Vettel! Start off from where he left it last year. Mark improvement from McLaren and very dissapointing run by the Ferraris and Mercedes. Sauber too did well and Heidfield replacing Kubica was a dissapointment...not really it should be as expected, he's driving an improve Lotus Renault like he's driving his former cars...in midfield or towards the end of the queue.

Biggest surprise is Vitaly Petrov, seem to have gotten things together finally and driving like a potential race winner and his podium in the 3rd spot must have been really sweet.

I'm seeing a new perspective in this yeat's F1, I'm watching it on HD! Laughing Will enjoy watching the rest of the season on ESPN HD!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 - Season 2011 Empty Malaysian GP-

Post  Ikon Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:49 pm

This weekend is the Malaysian GP, they are starting the race at 4 pm... Wink looking forward to the race, too bad can't make it tp Sepang, anyone else going there?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:34 am

Interesting fact, after 2 races, Force India score more constructor points then Mercedes Benz... Shocked Dis the season to be jolly, anything can happen and Vettel is simply superb!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Ikon wrote:This weekend is the Malaysian GP, they are starting the race at 4 pm... Wink looking forward to the race, too bad can't make it tp Sepang, anyone else going there?
no interest lar bro.tix are ex n predicted rain race.this Sebastian settle is young ayte.good for hint.gd car n teamwork. Strategy top notch
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

L.Hamilton broke S.Vettell runs by winning ydae F1.Vettell is chasing the hattrick of wins in the new season like what M.Schumacher did years ago..
its going to be an interesting year with Ferari hvg probs yet again.Force India is gaining points for their championship title.Good Results. Very Happy
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:09 pm

It's a mix bag of fun, so it makes it an interesting afternoon. Hopefully this will be the kind of race that everyone wants, every week a new winner. Overly impress was Mark Webber, he was 18th on the grid but end up 3rd Laughing , good result for him and yes both Force India and Sauber are getting there but not too sure what happen to Renault, they were excellent in the last 2 races and suddenly they bombed out in China.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:23 pm

Bad strategy,climate.. unwittingly chgg the whole arrangements of engine afr,suspension settings n use of tires strategy. Basically diff circuit needs diff setup.anyway y we rarely sees the F1 car drift like formula drifting?.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:30 pm

starstruck96 wrote:Bad strategy,climate.. unwittingly chgg the whole arrangements of engine afr,suspension settings n use of tires strategy. Basically diff circuit needs diff setup.anyway y we rarely sees the F1 car drift like formula drifting?.

Because this is Formula One not Formula Drifting... Laughing

The F1 car is a well balance car, means engine to weight ratios all perfect and the suspension are set-up for the most optimse cornering. The idea is to prevent drifting, because everytime they drift they will lose valuable time. The only time they lose their back and drift are when the tire has no more rubber and become slippery.

Formula Drift as the title suggest, is all about drifting, the longer you drift the more smoke you throw up, will add more to the points, so that's the difference. One is meant to be fast and the other for style.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am

nowadays "YoungsterS" want more on style den on fast...
as ive been thru the fast lane liao 270kmh...now to be more on styling.drifting is also a sport...
where u tink i can learn w/o breaking the law...
maybe i can try on the "FRC" conversion im attending next month.. lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:22 am

back to the topic...i noe each F1 car is perfectly balance engine to weight ratios...but why those mid-low table teams arent "GOOD" enuff to challenge the top tier ones...
driver?team selection of tyres?strategy?team management?car setup? scratch scratch
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Well balance is one thing, the other is speed. Speed as you know hangs on two important factors, wringing the HP out of your engine and the other is aerodynamics. For engine, all the cars are on the same capacity 2.4cc and the maximum rpm are capped at 18K. Engine mapping and management will only be the difference. In aerodynamics, the more established team have wind tunnel to do research on their aero packages, a wind tunnel can easily cost $25 million to set up, which the mid and end team don't have the budget to set up. They may rent wind tunnel, the numbers of hours they spend in there will determine how good their package can end up and this will cost money.

This year, due to the rules changing, the innovative part being the DRS (Drag Reduction System) and the re-introduction of the KERS (Kenetic Energy Reserve System) add to the fun of overtaking but so far the exhaust design for this year also plays a part. McLaren "copied" RBR exhaust system and they gained few tenth of second. They came up with an elaborate exhaust system during winters testing but the time were lagging and in Australia they used the "copied" exhaust and they made up for the time they lost during the winter testing.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:40 pm

woah chim....so much money goes to R&D only...lose race lagik MALU.. Very Happy lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:18 pm

starstruck96 wrote:woah chim....so much money goes to R&D only...lose race lagik MALU.. Very Happy lol!

No need malu, it's just goes to sure that they got it wrong and they will go back to the drawing board and try again, and yes lots of money goes to R & D, that's where all the sponsor comes it but to put a high price on sponsorship they need to win races, and to do that they need money for research, thus it goes in a circle.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Formula 1 - Season 2011 Empty Jenson Button - Driving at his best

Post  Ikon Mon May 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Ok, I must admit that I'm no fan boy of Jenson Button, infact I don't quite like him that much when he was driving for Williams and etc. He has this playboy reputation and his driving has always been sub standard ( to me that is), anyway even with his success as the WDC for Brawn GP, I was not really impress, so happen that he got a better car than the rest.

However I'm begining to admire him more for this season, since he move on to McLaren and partnered Lewis Hamilton, he has on many occasion caught my attention with his driving skill. JB doesn't talk non-sense as his partner LH, when the going get tough, the tough gets going and he has done this several time to prove his worth as a top F1 driver. Keeping my eye on him... cyclops
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down