Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Up-Max Hazzard

3 posters

Go down

Up-Max Hazzard Empty Up-Max Hazzard

Post  Ikon Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Ok, it's been a long time since I last log in TCS till my password don't work anymore. So recently went back there to look see and I came across a posting about how either Up-Max or UTR cause a fire on one of the Aveo or Optra installed (not sure). I think it was posted by Ali Kopter...

Since it was back sometime, I can't view the image anymore...anyone of you guys read the posting there and can shed some lights?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Up-Max Hazzard Empty Re: Up-Max Hazzard

Post  starstruck96 Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:40 pm

yah...read up on that post...
its not on chevy if i recalled correctly...its an electrical fault that caused the fire.generated from the UTR power charger.
i recently checked mine and found tt the sides of the upmax has appeared crackS on the sides.nid to rectify b4 i change my depleted battery..
its ok to change battery although not finished product life yet ryte? Question Idea
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 pm

and oso the first post that our brO ikoN post was enquiry on the full bodykit for Optra by CookieMonster...hahaha
thinking of hooking up ur ride with bodykit now brO? Razz lol! afro
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 am

starstruck96 wrote:and oso the first post that our brO ikoN post was enquiry on the full bodykit for Optra by CookieMonster...hahaha
thinking of hooking up ur ride with bodykit now brO? Razz lol! afro

I think you got it wrong la bro, that was perhaps a year or two ago and not recent, just some one dig out the old thread. I believe CM already sold off the BK and also thanks to the clarification, yes I think it's some other brand car and it's not Upmax but UTR...so a certain someone must be thankful that he has remove the UTR much earlier..hheehe BTW you can change your battery whenever you like, no need to wait for it to go totally flat, got budget can go ahead la.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Ouhh..u mean ders someone here using the UTR Evo? ..Wat u think Bro? Shall i take out my Upmax Toooo? Question
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Upmax got problem har? who able to help take out?

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm

I visually inspect my Upmax n found cracks appearing at the sides. Are on Upmax too Bro?electrical Fault is like those fault lines in earthquake theories. One bad fault will host another set of problems related.for car. .it either burst into flames...for those fault lines in the world will cause tsunami..
Pity those ppl in Japan with the destruction they facing.earthquake, tsunami, nuclear radiation. Etc..
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:Upmax got problem har? who able to help take out?

So far the fire incident involves UTR, so dunno about Upmax, should be okay but don't take my words for it, I'm no expert on electrical.. Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:56 pm

starstruck96 wrote:I visually inspect my Upmax n found cracks appearing at the sides. Are on Upmax too Bro?electrical Fault is like those fault lines in earthquake theories. One bad fault will host another set of problems related.for car. .it either burst into flames...for those fault lines in the world will cause tsunami..
Pity those ppl in Japan with the destruction they facing.earthquake, tsunami, nuclear radiation. Etc..

Saw the news today, so many MIJ cars kena washed away by the Tsunami...so expect price of car to go up again...
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Ikon wrote:

So far the fire incident involves UTR, so dunno about Upmax, should be okay but don't take my words for it, I'm no expert on electrical.. Laughing

like that......cab help to take out to play safe.......n u can sell it for urself..... Very Happy

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:49 pm

I took out mine long time ago and sold it off at half the price I bought it. It's quite easy to take it off only trouble is if you ground it to your alternator, that would mean having to go under the car, in your instance your ride is quite high so should be okay, mine I have to get my mechanic to remove the grounding cable as I cannot access it, but bro Pussy Lover can be removed without jacking up the car but got some spark fly ... Razz

Maybe can get our new MSCP mechanic to give it a try...so SS96 you game?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 pm

maybe wen doing my aircon servicing @ canseRve can ask the HAIRI or the chinese/malay chap to inspect n take out if ders a fault with it...
i oso NoOB in electrical foundation. Sad
even wen hooking up batt terminals i scared lohh....got sparks fly n burnt/chip my philipS screwdriver
dun play with sparks...coz it lead to FIRE..
maybe our inhouse TECHnician aka Bro Lost can rectify or sliDe under my lowered car n hook out the alternator side. tongue
Very Happy
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Ikon wrote:

it might be under the same "ROOF" bah...
better be safe den sorry..
but this UPMAX thingy sure works for me so far...
it has boosted up the CCA n battery life is far much longer den usual..
good product up to date for my use. Arrow Neutral
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:02 pm

Ikon wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:I visually inspect my Upmax n found cracks appearing at the sides. Are on Upmax too Bro?electrical Fault is like those fault lines in earthquake theories. One bad fault will host another set of problems related.for car. .it either burst into flames...for those fault lines in the world will cause tsunami..

Saw the news today, so many MIJ cars kena washed away by the Tsunami...so expect price of car to go up again...
are u even looking @ the JDM models?COE is already a killer...i dun bother to look even @ motorcycles category.
$2.5k+ .
damn freaking expensive.
im holding on to watever im hvg right now in my possesion.
regular servicing n maintenance for both bike n car. Rolling Eyes
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum