Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Holiday Ending this week

4 posters

Go down

School Holiday Ending this week Empty School Holiday Ending this week

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Things have certainly change for me, this school holiday with the exception of 2nd June, the family and I did not go on a holiday.. it was stayed at home for us. Partial reason is that my son will be sitting for his "O" this year and he has got classes for almost 3 weeks of the 4 weeks holiday.

So I set about making plan for year end, and looking at the situation I might not get the holiday I want. Firstly as your kids grow up, they not only want to "follow" , they also want to make a decision on where to go. It's no longer easy to plan holidays with the older kids having their own plans. Initially it was suppose to be an extended family holiday in Sabah, somehow this was changed, now its only individual family holiday.

Some options were open, one of them is Bali, this plan is also scrapped into the bin. So I decided to plan a week long holiday, starting off with a one night stay in Port Dickson, then making my way to Langkawi via road. Stay at Langkawi for 3 nights before making my way back to KL for anothher 3 night and back home again. Wife give me that kind of look Crying or Very sad She not too confident that I can drive all the way either Kuala Kedah or Kuala Perlis for the ferry trip to Langkawi. The kids also not keen on PD or Langkawi, they only want the 3 nights in KL so that they can go shopping! Shocked

Maybe I spoilt my kids too much, they prefer to shop then to enjoy the natural beauty of mother earth! So this plan also scrapped! Finally we will only go for the 3 nights 4 days KL trip as in every year we do this (boring!!). In future will need to plan my trips without considering my kids..damn leceh! cyclops
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

School Holiday Ending this week Empty Re: School Holiday Ending this week

Post  stoned Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 pm

bali can shop bro....tell ur kids dat.....they'll be more hapi shopping there....lol....niwae just got back from langkawi last sunday.....very hot place....nice scene for avid photographers like urself....shopping is a no no.....hehehe....lookout for the budget airlines on promotion bro....maybe cheaper den up there.....n 1 more thing.....places of interest most of them comes wif entrance fee....some not worth the fees....my 2 cents....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:52 pm

stoned wrote:bali can shop bro....tell ur kids dat.....they'll be more hapi shopping there....lol....niwae just got back from langkawi last sunday.....very hot place....nice scene for avid photographers like urself....shopping is a no no.....hehehe....lookout for the budget airlines on promotion bro....maybe cheaper den up there.....n 1 more thing.....places of interest most of them comes wif entrance fee....some not worth the fees....my 2 cents....

Wah bro you kena lottery ke.. Laughing ... two holiday within the year...heheheh alhamdulillah.... tell me about these places, I think now I plan without the kids, they wanna follow can don't wanna follow better still... Laughing ...if wife don't want to follow lagi....best! cheers
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 pm

lol....me also waiting when wife dunwan follow bro....lol.....which places u wanna know bro?.....not kena lottery bro....govt money plus bonus from werk kira ok la tu bro....now all dry up....kena renew rd tax lagi dis july....lol
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 am

stoned wrote:lol....me also waiting when wife dunwan follow bro....lol.....which places u wanna know bro?.....not kena lottery bro....govt money plus bonus from werk kira ok la tu bro....now all dry up....kena renew rd tax lagi dis july....lol

I plan to travel regionally, Langkawi is like something refusing me to go there, the last time I plan to go to Langkawi some 14 years ago and I end up in Perth. Laughing This place is a tourist trap, everything so expensive, something similar to our Sentosa everything also need to pay.

Bali is also another location I like to visit, easy to find those cheap 3 nights 4 day tour, but I think Bali need to stay there longer, wife wants to be tourist but I prefer to immerse myself a bit in the local culture.

Siem Reap, Vietnam, Beijing are also some places that I would like to visit as well if got extra .... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 am

Angkor wat oso nice...vietnam..shopping haven.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:34 am

starstruck96 wrote:Angkor wat oso nice...vietnam..shopping haven.

Bro you are in Medan, I would ask you to post some pictures taken over there, but then again you never post any of your pictures to share with the rest of us.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:15 pm

am going to Cameron Highland from 1st Sep to 4th Sep......stay at Equatorial Hotel 2 Bedroom apartments cost $520......

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm

siem reap is gd for shutter bugs i think bro....nuthing much there....mostly kampungs....dis wat my fren says when he went there....vietnam like bro star says...shopping haven....both countries maybe u got do more homeworks abt food.....a bit difficult to find halal shops.....if bali i would recommend at least a week bro....the island is much2 bigger den singapore....hehehe...food n shopping not a prob.....shutter bug like urself also is a gd place for a shootout.....if china maybe would say go to the nothern side where more muslims are there.....was told to be a very place....i forgot the place name....langkawi is a nice place.....its food galore for me.....not really a shopping hunt.....my 2 cents bro....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Ok guys, thanks for the good tips..now got many places to explore liao!!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:44 pm

lots of place can explore bro....i think malaysia itself can never finish explore...hehehe....njoy ur coming holidays.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 pm

stoned wrote:lots of place can explore bro....i think malaysia itself can never finish explore...hehehe....njoy ur coming holidays.....

Was up in PD again last weekend, stayed at the Legend International Water Homes, the chalet with build in private swiming pool Laughing Went exploring PD town as well, quite deserted in the evening, nothing much but also saw some future development, they are building a waterfront city, maybe the next 5 years should be able to see something developing. Lost my way and came across a big hawker center called the "Ikan Bakar" hawker center Laughing Otherwise the place still got lots of flies! Mad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:09 pm

been there last year....i like the water homes....but not much of a view....n quite eerie at nite as not much tenant there....hehehe....PD is dead bro....nuthing much....n i agree wif u....the place is infested wif flies.....hahahaha
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 am

gg phuket this weekend.yippie.honeymoon again Very Happy lol!
this time me n wife only.no outside world.private lap pool.yummy queen king
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down