Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magnum going for 60K servicing

4 posters

Go down

Magnum going for 60K servicing Empty Magnum going for 60K servicing

Post  Ikon Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

I've clocked 58K on my Magnum, matter of time before I be sending down this car to be serviced for the 60K. That's coming to nearly 4 years, aiyah such a low usage. Have to take care of this baby, so I'm going to do everything one time, i.e. normal servicing plus the 60K timing belt change. I 've already got the normal servicing item ready, maybe this coming weekend will be going down to get the Amsoil, I think I pretty much will stick to Amsoil, this is pretty much a good engine oil that won't break my bank everytime I sent my car for servicing.

Next I will be getting the package for the 60k timing belt change from Song Yi and I will be getting CanServe to do the timing belt change plus servicing, anyone else has gone to Hairi for the 60K? Feedback please if you have done so, otherwise please also share your experience if you have it done elsewhere, but I'm not interested to know the RDY's experience. If the big boss does the servicing then it's fine, but if other mechanic then it's a no-no.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Magnum going for 60K servicing Empty Re: Magnum going for 60K servicing

Post  starstruck96 Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:38 pm

good for u bro...mine almost 5 yrs but 87k only...
for me...chg of timing belt is done at RDY...so far i ve no complain about their attitude on my car..
chop chop open n done up..pay n go..dun linger ard that much but i do talk to all mechs over there...irene n richard too
going Canserve is option bro.at times i find his pricing quoted to me ... Crying or Very sad Neutral
so i find other alternative NEARER to my home for most engineering works..
buy parts n get it installed.way3 much cheaper.
hope u get urs done up soon...
amsoil is good..me using BARDAHL for 2 times liao...nt bad.cheap for 6 mths usage.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:39 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
going Canserve is option bro.at times i find his pricing quoted to me ... Crying or Very sad Neutral
so i find other alternative NEARER to my home for most engineering works..
buy parts n get it installed.way3 much cheaper.
hope u get urs done up soon...

Can you give me example of this pricing quoted on you?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 am

adalah few other times wen i visit...i share with u if we ever meet...cheersz
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 am

starstruck96 wrote:adalah few other times wen i visit...i share with u if we ever meet...cheersz

Ya...key word is "if we ever meet"... if you can't post it over the open forum, PM me bro. Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Congrats on finally reaching 60k km on your ride. Did my last timing belt change package (123k km) at RDY - no problem there, got it done and off i go. My take is go to whichever w/s you feel comfortable with. So far no issues with Canserve for me with regards to service or pricing. For want of a better alternative, i'll stick with Canserve.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 pm

so far got no issues with canserve.....i think i give rdy a pass for my 120k.....i got abt 30k plus2 more to go....hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Checked my mileage today and have about 3k km before my next servicing. Maybe can time it together with Bro Ikon. At my current usage will probably be around mid-August. Maybe will also book my free grooming around this time.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:36 pm

pussy_lover wrote:Checked my mileage today and have about 3k km before my next servicing. Maybe can time it together with Bro Ikon. At my current usage will probably be around mid-August. Maybe will also book my free grooming around this time.
Your free grooming still valid huh? Shocked

Ok bro, I will be getting the timing belt package month end after pay day... Very Happy so we can timed it together but then it's a bit risky as Hairi will have 2 cars to do at the same time Razz , maybe not so a good idea ...perhaps we can arrange for my car to do the 60K service and you can sent in your car for the grooming first, then the service after I complete.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 pm

aiyoh datuk....still havent go eh?....i think not valid liao....hahaha....u not free den should pass to me mah....hahahaha
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am

[quote="Ikon"]
pussy_lover wrote:Checked my mileage today and have about 3k km before my next servicing. Maybe can time it together with Bro Ikon. At my current usage will probably be around mid-August. Maybe will also book my free grooming around this time.

Ok bro, I will be getting the timing belt package month end after pay day... Very Happy so we can timed it together but then it's a bit risky as Hairi will have 2 cars to do at the same time Razz , maybe not so a good idea ...perhaps we can arrange for my car to do the 60K service and you can sent in your car for the grooming first, then the service after I complete.[/]

Grooming still valid till 24 Aug. Good idea bro, I'll make the appt and do grooming first. We have to confirm the day first ya. Let me know which day u prefer. If you're getting your parts from Songyi, can i tumpang aircon filter. The other parts, oil filter, plugs can get from Hairi, He doesn't have Optra aircon filter.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:20 am

[quote="pussy_lover"]
Ikon wrote:

Ok bro, I will be getting the timing belt package month end after pay day... Very Happy so we can timed it together but then it's a bit risky as Hairi will have 2 cars to do at the same time Razz , maybe not so a good idea ...perhaps we can arrange for my car to do the 60K service and you can sent in your car for the grooming first, then the service after I complete.[/]

Grooming still valid till 24 Aug. Good idea bro, I'll make the appt and do grooming first. We have to confirm the day first ya. Let me know which day u prefer. If you're getting your parts from Songyi, can i tumpang aircon filter. The other parts, oil filter, plugs can get from Hairi, He doesn't have Optra aircon filter.

Ok will let you know if I'm going down.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I first post this topic in July... Laughing did my 60K servicing finally last Friday, 30 Oct after clocking 60550 km!

Decided to let Canserve to handle the servicing and got the complete package from them, the 60K servicing cost me $550 and an additional $30 for normal servicing which I brought along my own parts for the normal servicing. Send in my car around 10 am and the whole job complete by 6 pm. A bit long because I decided to service my transmission as well, by adding the ATF cooler and changing the ATF as well.

So far so good, Canserve did the expected changes, timing belt, pulley belt, 3 o-rings, idler and water pump. The cost also include the water coolant change. Only 1 mechanic was assign to my car so that the work get done proper with no overlapping. The mechanic also laid out the parts to be change and did a visual comparison to make sure the parts are the same, he even measures all the belts.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down