Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Old and Grumpy

2 posters

Go down

Getting Old and Grumpy Empty Getting Old and Grumpy

Post  Ikon Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:21 am

Just relating my experience after last Friday's night shoot. Reach home at around 3 am, park my car on the top most floor and as I make my way down, heard the sound of water fall Very Happy , so when I reach the ground floor, the sound get louder and out of curiosity I went to investigate the sound... true enough, my ears are old but not gone yet... btw this is not a scary story... the water pipe at the washing bay had burst and the water was gushing out like a water fall.. Very Happy

Surprisingly there were a few people out and about, so I stop by the lift landing and check out the EMS number and give them a call... I must be the only one making the call as the operator sounded like this no one has made that call to inform them. Got home, since I'm on the ground floor waited by the window to see how long the EMS took to response. My window has got a direct view of the washing bay and I saw a red plate Subaru Impreza parked by the washing bay and the driver making full use of the free water fall to wash his car Shocked The fella took advantage of the free water, I was hoping the EMS guys would catch him in the act but I guess the EMS guys must be really asleep because the guy manage to wipe down his car, park it before the EMS dude arrive and turn off the water. That's typical Singaporean, instead of calling in the burst pipe our friend wash his car first! Laughing

This car park also recently went for renovation, they added a lift as well a vacuum machine, you will have to pay to use this machine same as the water when you are washing you car. Lots of residence must have like the new addition, very convenient for the residents. The next day was a Saturday, went for supper with my wife and my youngest son and then we went late night shopping at Giant Tampines, we came back past midnight and after unloading the goods, I park my car at this MSCP and at this time normally it's only space at the top. I notice a Hyundai Getz in the washing bay, this time no water fall sound but the humming of the vacuum cleaner... darn this joker must have a brain the size of a pea... it's past 1 am in the morning, it's quiet, in fact very quiet and once he start using the industrial vacuum cleaner install at the washing bay, the sound resonate in the MSCP and I can hear all the way to my house! My kid was complaining that he can't sleep because of the sound. The joker was using the vacuum a good twenty minutes to half an hour or so... my house is quite a distance from the MSCP, I pity the residents staying opposite the MSCP, the distance is just about the breath on a two way street. Even with the window close, we could still hear the buzzing sound of the vacuum. I immediately turn on my notebook, lookup the website of the Town Council and send them an email, telling them why I email them at 1.20 am, while applauding the TC initiative in stalling the vacuum machine for the MSCP, but they should also control or limit the use of the machine at restricted hours. Some arse hole don't have the civic mindedness to other fellow residence cause the size of their brain is about the same size as the hole in their arse.

Today I walk past the washing bay, to my relief the Town council or someone wrote, using a marker on the notice on how to use the vacuum machine the following additional sentence in bold " OPERATIONAL HOURS : 9AM to 10PM". Hope so this works, otherwise if I witness anyone using the vacuum after 10 pm, I'm going to call the POLICE! cheers
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Getting Old and Grumpy Empty Re: Getting Old and Grumpy

Post  pussy_lover Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Agree with your topic heading - no doubt about it.. Very Happy

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:59 pm

pussy_lover wrote:Agree with your topic heading - no doubt about it.. Very Happy

Thank you bro for agreeing Laughing at least I do admit I'm getting old..... Laughing

Anyway got an email from the TC, confirming that they have made the adjustement to cut off the switch at 10 pm, lets see how this thing goes and by the way I made a mistake it was not a Getz but a Matrix... but still the same Hyudai brand...
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum