Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average Fuel Consumption

3 posters

Go down

Average Fuel Consumption Empty Average Fuel Consumption

Post  Ikon Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:07 am

I've been keeping record on my fuel consumption and following are some interesting findings:

1. Base on petrol station discount, credit card discount for the past few months the price of petrol is down.This the findings where the minimum petrol pumped is $40. The lowest I record is in August at $1.63 per liter, and the latest price for this month is $1.66.

2. Petrol in Malaysia once converted to our currency, average around $1.14 per liter, base again on currency value at the point of purchase and store discount if any.

Looking at it, the difference is about $0.50 on the average between the Singapore and Malaysian pump. If you can pump 30 liter in JB, that would work out about $15 saving, but if minus off toll cost, and the petrol to go there and back, I guess the saving isn't much. So if main purpose is just to top up petrol in JB, the saving is not substantial however if you cross over for other purpose and top up on your way back, guess it's okay.

I pump on both side of the border, so my statistic is showing that I'm averaging about $1.48 per liter as of today.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Average Fuel Consumption Empty Re: Average Fuel Consumption

Post  pussy_lover Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:55 am

Ikon wrote:I've been keeping record on my fuel consumption and following are some interesting findings:

1. Base on petrol station discount, credit card discount for the past few months the price of petrol is down.This the findings where the minimum petrol pumped is $40. The lowest I record is in August at $1.63 per liter, and the latest price for this month is $1.66.

2. Petrol in Malaysia once converted to our currency, average around $1.14 per liter, base again on currency value at the point of purchase and store discount if any.

Looking at it, the difference is about $0.50 on the average between the Singapore and Malaysian pump. If you can pump 30 liter in JB, that would work out about $15 saving, but if minus off toll cost, and the petrol to go there and back, I guess the saving isn't much. So if main purpose is just to top up petrol in JB, the saving is not substantial however if you cross over for other purpose and top up on your way back, guess it's okay.

I pump on both side of the border, so my statistic is showing that I'm averaging about $1.48 per liter as of today.
Some research there you got bro. I top up quite often in JB but have never done any calculation on savings and actual price i paid per litre. Top ups in JB are mostly "along the way" kind as more often than not cross over for other purposes. My last top up on Monday, 7 Nov was 42 litres when i spent the weekend at a kampung near Tanjung Belungkor.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 am

Actually it's not a research but rather the figures are base on the statistic that I've collected over the month using an Excel spreadsheet. I have worked out the formula so by just entering the amount for the top-up, petrol pumped and the mileage, the spreadsheet worked out the average for most of the information that I want.

I'm also firming up on the spreadsheet soon, hopefully, and if anyone interested in the template just let me know. Currently there is no download function in this forum so might have to send it via email.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:31 pm

My last top up was 48 litres. Fuel indicator was at quarter tank when i reached the petrol kiosk and topped up to the brim.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:21 pm

wah....got formula all.....i just calculate how much i spent for the particular month.....if i overspent.....den try cut down the usage lor....heheheh....been awhile i went jb....anything interesting there?....hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:17 am

stoned wrote:wah....got formula all.....i just calculate how much i spent for the particular month.....if i overspent.....den try cut down the usage lor....heheheh....been awhile i went jb....anything interesting there?....hehehe

Bro this method help me monitor the car average consumption as well, provide some statistics as well, as for JB, well things have not change much there, but somewhat a coincidence for woman to be careful when carrying their handbags in Malaysia, my wife was warned several times by friendly Malaysian about snatch thieves.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Ikon wrote:
stoned wrote:wah....got formula all.....i just calculate how much i spent for the particular month.....if i overspent.....den try cut down the usage lor....heheheh....been awhile i went jb....anything interesting there?....hehehe

Bro this method help me monitor the car average consumption as well, provide some statistics as well, as for JB, well things have not change much there, but somewhat a coincidence for woman to be careful when carrying their handbags in Malaysia, my wife was warned several times by friendly Malaysian about snatch thieves.

cool bro....hows the calculation so far....?.....hmm....still hot topic eh snatch theft there.....now i heard they even snatch small kids on the street.....aiyoh.....r they really turning into a 3rd world country??.....crime rates seem like going up over there.....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Yup dunno what's happening out there... economy not too bad and yet crime is on the increase, have to bear in mind when going up north to be careful of where you park and also your personal belonging.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Ikon wrote:Yup dunno what's happening out there... economy not too bad and yet crime is on the increase, have to bear in mind when going up north to be careful of where you park and also your personal belonging.

true bro....drove up last month.....even choosing the hotels has to be proper.....particularly the car park....hehehe....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:03 pm

stoned wrote:
Ikon wrote:Yup dunno what's happening out there... economy not too bad and yet crime is on the increase, have to bear in mind when going up north to be careful of where you park and also your personal belonging.

true bro....drove up last month.....even choosing the hotels has to be proper.....particularly the car park....hehehe....

Hope nothing bad happen during your trip Shocked
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Ikon wrote:
stoned wrote:

everything was gd bro....even saw the security walking ard the car park.....but to keep safe i always parked the head 1st n turn my steering wheel to lock it....hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:51 pm

stoned wrote:
Ikon wrote:
stoned wrote:

everything was gd bro....even saw the security walking ard the car park.....but to keep safe i always parked the head 1st n turn my steering wheel to lock it....hehehe

Bro, don't to go to that extreme. Our rides got no value lah over there, no market.. What you should do is hide all your valuables or else you might get your windows smashed. In any case, a good steering lock is a good deterent. But if those thieves wants your car, there's really very little you can do...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum