Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kia Soul ( Power to surprise)

3 posters

Go down

Kia Soul ( Power to surprise) Empty Kia Soul ( Power to surprise)

Post  aboh Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:52 pm

After found out that I am driving one of the most dangerous car I did some viewing on website and found out this babe, KIA SOUL
This car could be my next love.. Wish I could own her.. PLEASE BE MINE!!

Kia it really has the power to surprise!

Safety: Remarkable! 5 stars rating by Euro NCAP

Kia Soul ( Power to surprise) Thumb__mediaplayerpreview

Kia Soul ( Power to surprise) Thumb__mediaplayerpreview

Windscreen and roof still intact!!
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Kia Soul ( Power to surprise) Empty Re: Kia Soul ( Power to surprise)

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 pm

Before we go on about this, best we understand the concept of rating. The European has high standard for safety, the minimum you need to meet in order to sell your cars there in NCAP 5. Perhaps you should go and find out the requirement for NCAP 5.

The Japanese and the Korean if they want to sell their car in Europe it must meet this requirement, therefore their own domestic market or the other region that has no such requirement might be different from the European market, thus price and tax incentives and etc.

My point, if you buy a Europrean car, you'll notice that it will come with more safety features. This sometime include 6 air bags, front, side, curtain and don't know what else. However if you purchase Korean or Japanese, standard is either driver or no air bag. Look at the cost, the Eurorean car will cost more than the Asian model, good point of reference you can compare Fiat, Ford to the Toyotas and the Hyundai or Kia and see the difference. Most likely the Toyota or Kia sold in Europe will have the same safety feature as the Fiat or Ford sold here. This is about marketing, we do not have a minimum safety measurement as those in the EU countries.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Too bad this car not in sg.. So if we compare this car to those of chevy in euro? looking at the ncap website comparing this car to aveo the kia has higher ratings..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 pm

maybe because of the road limits we have here dat make it not much requirements?.... scratch
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Alamak you guys got it wrong la... even if this car is available in Singapore, the one for sale here might not be the same spec as those in Europe. Therefore in a nutshell, go stay in Europe if you want a safe car... Laughing

Our own local requirments are different, if you go to LTA website and check the requirement, our concern are more on emission and noise. The standard safety maybe must be seat belts, and the third brake lights and the general specification. It's not a must for all cars here to have air bags and as far as the crash testing goes, maybe the minimum requirement is NCAP 3 or better.... Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm

bro.. the new kia cerato forte comes with six airbags.. viewing kia sg website..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:35 pm

aboh wrote:bro.. the new kia cerato forte comes with six airbags.. viewing kia sg website..

Then you better go and book the cerato forte fast, this is certainly Euro spec., and sooner or later due to competition, they will remove some of the air bags so that they can sell it cheaper to compete with other brand.

This is some of the advantages when the same model sells in Europe. Some things they can take out, like air bags or immobilizer and replace that but some things like engineering structure cannot be replaced so we tend to "benefit". Look closely at both the Aveo and the Optra, these models are available in Europe, the body are reinforced to Europe standards, in the production they cannot have 2 lines, one with re-inforce body and the other one without. This would not be cost effective.

I believe lots of people can tell the difference when they drive the Chevy and compare that to the Jap made cars. Although our rides are not real "contis" but they are build and design for the "conti" market. We may not get the full European spec but some of the characteristic remain, so bro aboh to say that you are driving one of the "dangerous car" is a little off centered, because if the Aveo crash head on with a Vios, I believe the Aveo driver will live to tell the story. drunken

That's just my opinion, perhaps those that have been in scrapped before or witness some can tell us what they see and experience.

Last edited by BoW on Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 pm

BoW wrote:
aboh wrote:bro.. the new kia cerato forte comes with six airbags.. viewing kia sg website..

Then you better go and book the cerato forte fast, this is certainly Euro spec., and sooner or later due to competition, they will remove some of the air bags so that they can sell it cheaper to compete with other brand.

Moving to europe to get my soul hehehehe..
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum