Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB?

5 posters

Go down

aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB? Empty aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB?

Post  starstruck96 Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:52 pm

u guys have done ur alignment or camber toe adjusment b4??
JB near MOFFIZ offer such services??
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB? Empty Re: aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB?

Post  pussy_lover Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:17 am

starstruck96 wrote:u guys have done ur alignment or camber toe adjusment b4??
JB near MOFFIZ offer such services??

Bro, why don't you find out more on costs etc and then perhaps we can all make a trip there to do this alignment chamber adjustment if necessary. I've never done anything to my ride in JB so would not know..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB? Empty Re: aliGnment n camber toe adjustment in JB?

Post  Ikon Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Our rides not install with camber..so how to do toe alignment?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:43 pm

BoW wrote:Our rides not install with camber..so how to do toe alignment?

In that case just wheel alignment will do..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 pm

alamak....OPtra no camber mehh...stock cnfrm no have...i fix up camber kit on my aveO...
nids to do alignment n high speed balancing tOoOoo...
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:42 am

starstruck96 wrote:alamak....OPtra no camber mehh...stock cnfrm no have...i fix up camber kit on my aveO...
nids to do alignment n high speed balancing tOoOoo...

That's becuase you use lowering spring.. our Optra mostly still all very stockist! Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:56 am

noted..@ least can do wheel alignment or high speed balancing if no have Camber toe to adjust..
the other forum stated abt $50 @ JB moffiz (old extra supermarket).
care to join in for expedition...??
i got one @ off plaza pelangi area tt ive yet to explore tOoooOo.

clown
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:21 am

starstruck96 wrote:noted..@ least can do wheel alignment or high speed balancing if no have Camber toe to adjust..
the other forum stated abt $50 @ JB moffiz (old extra supermarket).
care to join in for expedition...??
i got one @ off plaza pelangi area tt ive yet to explore tOoooOo.

clown

Maybe after the fasting month la bro, money need to buy for my children new clothing... Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 pm

If confirm I wanna follow.. See see see
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:40 pm

Count me in as i may wana do rotation and balancing.... But if too long then i sure do it in spore le....

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:39 am

got a lobang in s'pore ..
$55 for wheel balancing n alignment of camber toe.
yew tee industrial area.
$35 wheel balancing
$20 alignment

let me get few more details on the alignment..whether for wheel alignment or camber toe
Like a Star @ heaven struck96
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:17 am

Ok, found something interesting and therefore would appreciate if someone can translate for me in layman term..

In cars with double wishbone suspensionDouble wishbone suspension
In automobiles, a double wishbone suspension is an independent suspension design using two wishbone-shaped arms to locate the wheel. Each wishbone or arm has two mounting points to the chassis and one joint at the knuckle. The shock absorber and coil spring mount to the wishbones to control...
s, camber angle was usually adjustable, but in newer MacPherson strutMacPherson strut
The MacPherson strut is a type of car suspension system which uses the axis of a telescopic damper as the upper steering pivot, widely used in modern vehicles and named after Earle S. MacPherson who developed the design, based in part on designs created by Guido Fornaca of FIAT in the mid-1920s...
suspensions, it is normally fixed. While this may reduce maintenance requirements, if the car is lowered by use of shortened springSpring (device)
A spring is an elastic object used to store mechanical energy. Springs are usually made out of hardened steel. Small springs can be wound from pre-hardened stock, while larger ones are made from annealed steel and hardened after fabrication...
s, this changes the camber angleCamber angle
frame|From the front of the car, a right wheel with a negative camber angleCamber angle is the angle made by the wheel of an automobile; specifically, it is the angle between the vertical axis of the wheel and the vertical axis of the vehicle when viewed from the front or rear. It is used in the...
(as described in MacPherson strutMacPherson strut
The MacPherson strut is a type of car suspension system which uses the axis of a telescopic damper as the upper steering pivot, widely used in modern vehicles and named after Earle S. MacPherson who developed the design, based in part on designs created by Guido Fornaca of FIAT in the mid-1920s...
) and can lead to increased tire wear and impaired handling. For this reason, individuals who are serious about modifying their car for better handling will not only lower the body, but also modify the mounting point of the top of the struts to the body to allow some inward/outward (relative to longitudinal centerline the of vehicle) movement for camber adjustment. Aftermarket plates with slots for strut mounts instead of just holes are available for most of the commonly modified models of cars.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 pm

"and can lead to increased tire wear and impaired handling. For this reason, individuals who are serious about modifying their car for better handling will not only lower the body, but also modify the mounting point of the top of the struts to the body to allow some inward/outward (relative to longitudinal centerline the of vehicle) movement for camber adjustment. "

maybe due to unseen circumstances...it will lead to faster tyre wear n maybe impaired handling..
our car is not purfect u see..
u gain some u lose more..
its to each individuality preference n seriousness..

maybe with a usage of HWL suspension guinea pigeon can shed light to this persistent arrising probs.

im not touching yet on those MacPherson wishbone thiingy...its more like (ARB=antiroll-bar) to me
as of now...i have not seen drastic changes on impairment n faster tyre wear as i dun count how many hundreds of kilometres i travel.maybe the changes will take place @ the side tyres wall indicator..thinner rubber each month maybe.. silent cyclops
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Sorry hor, my English not powerful but just from speed reading, basically for independent MacPherson strut suspension system, there is no camber gain due to the structure of the suspension system or to the length of the system. When you lowered the car, you will need to modify the system so that you can get ( I think hor) negative camber since by lowering the spring, the angle for the camber also change. Therefore you need to do add on mod to counter the changes..

As for coil over, dunno if you need to modify to adjust the camber of not.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:59 am

oh yah hor...if lets say in the future...IF i ever chng to COILOVER..u tink i can still use that camber toe of mine?? afro geek
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

starstruck96 wrote:oh yah hor...if lets say in the future...IF i ever chng to COILOVER..u tink i can still use that camber toe of mine?? afro geek

Dunno leh, read my last sentence ............
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:36 pm

maybe u can use camel toe bro...hahahaha
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:07 pm

stoned wrote:maybe u can use camel toe bro...hahahaha

lain aje...hehehe..if use camel toe must let me see first Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 pm

lain jer camel toe...
y u nid to see...
arent u HAD enuff of seeing CAMEL TOES in ur lifetime..?? bounce jocolor
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 pm

basically to my technicality views...the camber toes will certainly be of help if ever chg to COILOVER.
coZ e position of CAMBER toE is outside range of the coilover itself.
its the angle of degree opening wen the car is turning
difficult for me to explain..maybe u seniors should take a look @ the position of wer E camber toe is located..on my car...(not sure it wers the same way as ur OPTRAS) Sleep study
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:58 am

done up my rotating/alignment/camber toe correction in spore..all for $42.
gd workmanship + super frenly workers.not boss.
open all days.yummy..
my b4 changed front tyres are fast balding @the sides due to the alignment of tyres that was not rectified/corrected after the change of wheel bearing.
so guys...learn from experience.go for re-alignment to avoid BALDING
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:26 am

starstruck96 wrote:lain jer camel toe...
y u nid to see...
arent u HAD enuff of seeing CAMEL TOES in ur lifetime..?? bounce jocolor

Some things you can NEVER have enough... CAMEL TOES included...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:49 pm

noted brO P_L..maybe i nid to see in that area with ur expertise & experience.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum