Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New OPC Rules

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New OPC Rules Empty New OPC Rules

Post  pussy_lover Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 am

Any of our OPC owners aware of some changes to the OPC rules.
Check it out:

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=218

Hope this is useful.

Last edited by pussy_lover on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

New OPC Rules Empty Re: New OPC Rules

Post  pussy_lover Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 am

Somehow link is gone. Anyway here's the whole article

Enhancements to the Off-Peak Car (OPC) Scheme

. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce that it has completed its review of the Off-Peak Car (OPC) scheme and will be implementing the following three initiatives to enhance the OPC scheme:

(a) e-Day Licence to replace the current paper licence, which offers greater flexibility with more channels for purchase and post usage payment;
(b) Revisions to the OPC scheme to allow unrestricted usage on Saturdays and on the eves of 5 public holidays; and
(c) Cash Rebates for conversion of normal cars to the new OPC scheme of up to $1,100 for every six months' registration as an OPC.

2. These new initiatives follow Minister for Transport Mr Raymond Lim's announcement on 12 February 2009 that the LTA would study how to make the OPC scheme more convenient and attractive so as to encourage more car owners to opt into the scheme. These enhancements are the result of extensive consultations with various groups, including existing OPC owners.

e-Day Licence

3. From 23 November 2009, the electronic day licence (e-Day Licence) will replace the existing paper supplementary licence when the OPC is used during the restricted hours.

4. The new e-Day Licences can be bought online at the ONE.MOTORING portal, AXS stations and using mobile-SMS service, in addition to Singapore Post outlets and Automobile Association of Singapore (AAS) offices. The new channels of purchase give OPC users the added flexibility of making purchases anytime between 6am and midnight daily.

5. Besides the benefits of extended hours and more alternative channels of purchase, motorists now have the option of buying the e-Day Licence after using the OPC during restricted hours, as long as they do so before 2359 hours the next day. Currently, the paper licence must be purchased before the use of the vehicle. Please refer to Annex A for the implementation details.

6. With the e-Day Licence, OPC drivers no longer need to be inconvenienced by LTA's enforcement officers stopping their vehicles to check for a valid paper licence. LTA's enforcement officers will instead note down the vehicle registration number of the OPC and subsequently verify against the system records if a valid e-Day Licence had been purchased for the car for that day.

7. LTA will be sending to all existing OPC owners a notification letter and an accompanying guide book on the e-Day Licence system sometime in September 2009. Information on the e-Day Licence system will also be made available on the portal www.onemotoring.com.sg from 1 September 2009.

Revised OPC Scheme

8. The existing OPC scheme is such that owners of OPCs will have to display a supplementary licence (or purchase an e-Day Licence come 23 Nov 2009) if they wish to drive their OPC between 7am and 3pm on Saturdays,

9. By end January 2010, the OPC scheme will be revised to allow unrestricted usage on Saturdays and the eves of 5 public holidays, namely, New Year, Lunar New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas. Existing OPC owners can choose to opt into this revised scheme to enjoy the extended hours in exchange for reduced tax discounts and an administrative fee of $100.

10. With the extended usage, the annual road tax discount will be correspondingly reduced from $800 to $500. The minimum annual road tax will be $70, instead of $50 under the existing OPC scheme. This means that existing OPC owners who opt for the revised OPC scheme will have their annual road tax discounts reduced by between $20 and $300. This is because the tax concessions given to OPC owners were computed taking into consideration the restricted usage periods. The removal of Saturday restrictions and 5 public holiday eves will have to be accompanied by corresponding adjustments to the tax concessions.

Cash Rebates for Conversion to Revised OPC Scheme

11. At present, a person who registers a new car as an OPC enjoys an up-front tax rebate of up to $17,000. However, if a person converts his normal car into an OPC, he does not get any refund of the taxes paid. Instead, he receives an additional Preferential Additional Registration Fee (PARF) rebate of $2,200 per year, which is paid as a lump sum only upon de-registration of the car provided it is PARF-eligible.

12. By end January 2010, instead of waiting until their cars are deregistered, owners of normal cars who convert to the revised OPC Scheme will enjoy a cash rebate of up to $1,100 for every 6 months' of registration as an OPC, until the car reaches 10 years old. The car must be kept as an OPC for at least 6 months after its conversion, except in cases of de-registration or when the OPC reaches the age of 10 years.

13. More details on the revised OPC and Cash Rebates Schemes will be made available nearer the implementation date. LTA is currently finalising the implementation details and upgrading the backend system.

About the Off-Peak Car (OPC) Scheme

The OPC scheme replaced the Weekend Car scheme from 1 October 1994. It helps to alleviate peak hour traffic and offers an alternative and a lower-cost means for people to own cars, if they use their vehicles during off-peak periods.

The OPC scheme fits into LTA's overall objectives to better manage congestion on our roads, particularly during the peak periods. At the end of 2005, there were only about 5,000 OPCs. Today, there are about 45,500 OPCs, a nine-fold increase over a 3-year period. OPCs currently make up about 8 percent of the car population in Singapore.

* Annex A
* e-Day Guidebook
* e-Day Licence Video

Hope this is uceful.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 am

Hmm many loopholes to explore in the new scheme.

The first that come to mind, since LTA enforcement offlcer will not be stopping you, and the assumption is very high that they will also know that you are on the road during restricted hours is by detecting your presence everytime you pass an ERP gantry. So what if you use your car on cars where there are no gantry?

So happen if you spot an LTA officer, you still have until midnight the following day to register your car, otherwise if see no evil, do some evil, can you get away for using the car without a valid licence and get away with it?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:37 pm

BoW wrote:Hmm many loopholes to explore in the new scheme.

The first that come to mind, since LTA enforcement offlcer will not be stopping you, and the assumption is very high that they will also know that you are on the road during restricted hours is by detecting your presence everytime you pass an ERP gantry. So what if you use your car on cars where there are no gantry?

So happen if you spot an LTA officer, you still have until midnight the following day to register your car, otherwise if see no evil, do some evil, can you get away for using the car without a valid licence and get away with it?

Dun forget abt the cameras at most cross junction. They can know when u r on the road. They sure have tot of this 'loophole' and sure to counter it. Remember, dun risk. TP can also hide and note down ur plate where u might not notice at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Better still if they can automatically deduct the $20 from your credit card... at least you'll know if the loopholes are true. Anyway, the cameras on the highway is too low resolution to capture the licence plate, but the gantry is far more easier for them to track, you are within vicinity, tit..that's it y ou are capture. I know for sure they already have something like inplace, without the gantry, several times I notice my IU went live even when I don't see any gantry.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Bro, the junction or highway camera can record your car.....it can zoom to enlage to check ur face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....last time when company doing the LTZ project and someone hit the TMA Lorry......LTA jump up and down and shown us the video......so dun play play....

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Captivian_Major wrote:Bro, the junction or highway camera can record your car.....it can zoom to enlage to check ur face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....last time when company doing the LTZ project and someone hit the TMA Lorry......LTA jump up and down and shown us the video......so dun play play....

Hmmmm Neutral sounds like monkey business to me! Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captivian_Major Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 am

BoW wrote:
Captivian_Major wrote:Bro, the junction or highway camera can record your car.....it can zoom to enlage to check ur face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....last time when company doing the LTZ project and someone hit the TMA Lorry......LTA jump up and down and shown us the video......so dun play play....

Hmmmm Neutral sounds like monkey business to me! Razz

Monkeu biz??????? Rolling Eyes

Captivian_Major
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 pm

I was just thinking scratch the full free Saturdays will start next year, this scheme is optional for OPC owners, meaning you pay $100 in admin fee and top up the difference in the annual rebate and you can drive full day on Saturdays and eve of major holidays. This is beneficial for smaller cc cars as their difference in topping up the rebate is just about another $100++, whereas bigger capacity car will have to top more base on the differences, like in my case I have to top up about $270++.

My thoughts, I will have to forked out about nearly $400 in the first year to enjoy the full Saturdays, in a year there are actually 52 weeks or 52 Saturdays. If I have something on every Saturday for 52 weeks and need to use my car, this scheme is certainly beneficial to me. However for the past 2 years of my OPC experience, I have only torn off the coupon 3 or 4 times for Saturday, avoiding going out on a half day and waiting for the 3 pm curfew to be lifted.

So my attitude on Saturdays is only to tear the coupon when necessary, otherwise if the matter is none urgent it can wait till after 3 pm to settle. Normally also, since Saturday is the first day of the weekend, I tend to sleep late, roll over in bed and enjoy the rest, unless MdZul come and disturb me Embarassed Even that, we normally use his car to go around looking for China girls. That estate damn popular along the lorongs in Geylang... Twisted Evil

Anyway my point. is it worth it to fork out more for convieniece sake, whereby I don't really know if I will utilize the car on Saturday full day? Or will the changes also affect my lifestye whereby I will be hassle to go here and there thus missing out my lazy Saturdays morning..... Sad
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:11 pm

woahhh....that Chevy Estate very FoFuLar nehhh...
Sat goes out finding Unfortunate victims arhh
Suspect What a Face
If Bigger CC means bigger administrative, than those OPC Wish N STi have to fork out more money lor..
chialat...
lucky mine only 1400CC...means $100 to drive on Sat for the full year..
quite reasonable lor.. tongue clown
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 pm

starstruck96 wrote:woahhh....that Chevy Estate very FoFuLar nehhh...
Suspect What a Face
If Bigger CC means bigger administrative, than those OPC Wish N STi have to fork out more money lor..
chialat...

100 bucks is for admin fee lah bang... Our aveo per year road tax is $626. So reduce off the $500. Meaning to enjoy full sat, need to pay $126 + $100 = $226.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:01 pm

dex21 wrote:
Suspect What a Face
chialat...

100 bucks is for admin fee lah bang... Our aveo per year road tax is $626. So reduce off the $500. Meaning to enjoy full sat, need to pay $126 + $100 = $226.

Ya hor, some people read without actually seeing the words but what they want to see..jialat cyclops
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:04 am

Ya, normally when we look for those China girls we just park in a hotel and cover the car. Very impt to remain anonymous..ahem.. Very Happy Maybe with the new OPC scheme, have a new ride to use so not so prominent. You know lah Estate tends to stand out in a crowd but a normal sedan will just blend in.. Laughing Laughing

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm

BoW wrote:
dex21 wrote:
Suspect What a Face
chialat...

Ya hor, some people read without actually seeing the words but what they want to see..jialat cyclops
conferm bo??if one yr got 52 Sat..meaning per Sat now cost $20..i make a substaintional gain from it lor...
i read to my understandment mah... tongue monkey cyclops
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:04 am

Looks like we are drawing nearer to the launching of the electronic day license Neutral Still not too clear on how to obtain the license yet..... Embarassed
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:17 am

the papers will update us on wat to do brO...
Cool
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 pm

the scheme has started on the 23rd Nov..
any of u guys on OPC has driven n used the Ecard OPC system
i believe spore kiasu/kiasee OPC driverS will have a JOYRIDE now
thinking of bypassing the Law...think again..
street cams have multiple zooms that actually can zoom in on individual car occupants...including those who textS while driving..
cheers affraid
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:36 am

Wah !! Evil or Very Mad all dis new things make my head cracked esp when to make payment for the e day lic.Some say use first pay later but later when to pay also don't noe ,heiy! affraid Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:03 pm

Torque Angel wrote:Wah !! Evil or Very Mad all dis new things make my head cracked esp when to make payment for the e day lic.Some say use first pay later but later when to pay also don't noe ,heiy! affraid Embarassed

Wah abang, long time never post and after so long, bring your headache here!

Anyway, if you read the first posting, things should clear up for you. If really unsure just go to Post Office and use this :-

P : Kakak, ni saya baru balik dari Ulu Jakun. Nak tanya sikit boleh tak?

K: Boleh dik, nak tanya apa?

P: Kereta yang lesen merah tu, macam nak pakai sekarang? Dulu senang aje, main koyak-koyak kertas dah boleh pakai, sejak saya balik dari Ulu Jakun, macam blur la peraturan sekarang.

K: Oh itu, adik boleh bawak kereta ke? Kaki sampai tak nak pijak minyak? Laughing

P: Ala loyar buruk lak dah tu pandang orang rendah!

K: Marah nampak, kalau saya tak pandang rendah macam dengar suara aje, wajah tak nampak pun!

P: Evil or Very Mad Sad

Anyway, here is the link to the website for LTA {e-Day License}

If you still cannot understand, I suggest you return back to the kakak above Wink
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Hiya! Suspect aleadi noe one wrong step der u go down,grrrr!!!! Aniway kakak promise nak ajar kat luar how to use the procedure,wkwkwkwkwk!!!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 pm

use first pay later..
nvr pay go to jail..
mcm monopoly game lar...hahahaha lol!
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

New OPC Rules Empty My First e-Day License

Post  Ikon Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Yesterday use my car for the first time with the new e-day license, good thing it was an emergency as I need to attend a funeral. Very convenient as no need to think much just drive off without any worries. Was at AXS last night to purchase the e-day license, quite easy to use, only thing I worry is that I'm very forgetful,once use never go and get the license then that it's la, heavy summon. Laughing
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 pm

maybe dats the idea....ppl forget get summons...earn from there?...hehehe
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:02 pm

precisely...
u think GOVT nvr see the grey areas is it..
they have employed people to solve the OPC prob n this is how things gonna be for the nex 10-20 yrs maybe..
till a new law kicks in again.. What a Face
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 pm

BoW wrote:Yesterday use my car for the first time with the new e-day license, good thing it was an emergency as I need to attend a funeral. Very convenient as no need to think much just drive off without any worries. Was at AXS last night to purchase the e-day license, quite easy to use, only thing I worry is that I'm very forgetful,once use never go and get the license then that it's la, heavy summon. Laughing

Haha... I too!!! Used my car yst too! So far ever since start the new system, had bought e lic twice, first time use mobilepay. Then 2nd time use onemotoring via singpass. I find mobilepay quite good, as got official sms as reciept for buying e lic. Next time i will use axs to buy! Smile

Btw, as mention yst i drove my car out. As im travelling on PIE, i saw a 3wheel bike man wear ''LTA Traffic Matters'' at the 2nd lane. He was driving quite slow. So the moment i drove pass him, he straight away change lane to be behind me. So i believe he is recording my car plate no. And can confirm this is one of the method LTA use to check. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum