First time trip to RDY

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First time trip to RDY

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hey guys. Yst juz made my way to RDY for the first time. Guess im going there for wat?

Ok, going there for their latest promotion, light weight crank pulley. Dun worry, im not promoting for them. Juz sharing my experience.

Well, called up irene from rdy last week for appt, so went down yst before my ippt at maju camp. When reaching there, wow, the place is packed with chevy cars. So was told by irene to look for ah hui, guess he is the top right hand man, as both richard and irene went for a holiday. Looking at so many cars, i asked ah hui if can do my car first as i still have to go for my ippt, he ok. Quite a good attitude. So in juz 15 mins, he had done changing/fixing the pulley. And was told left last 2 pcs, where richard ordered 30pcs(duno real anot). But this ah hui is quite nice, good to chat with.

Next, all along im thinking of changing my battery, as my stock last me for 3 years and 2 months! Think used enough liao, further more, recently cranking need to drag alittle longer, dun wana risk myself one morning suck at my mscp with my batt failing on me. So ah hui quoted me there are 2 types of batt, 1 - amazon ($148) and 2 - GP ($138). Both with 60Amh and 550 cca(stock is 55Amh and 550cca). Well, amazon i heard quite alot, where GP..... its the same as the AA or AAA batteries selling at stores? So better dun risk it. Choose the amazon lor. Ah hui also took abt 15mins to change the batt, as he was changing, he opened the cover for the + side, i was shock to see alot of solid powder formed due to the batt was leaking! Lucky i decided to change, really think the batt will fail on me 1 day soon. He carefully help to clean off the powder and connect a spare batt to keep my existing ecu setting and audio player setting store, then he proceed to change. And its done!

Workmanship can say quite good overall. When before i rushed off, he offered me the rdy membership, even thou i think i wont be needing it, but since its free, y not(remember rdy thread stated need to pay)? Razz

Lastly, i pay in cash and vroom vroom to maju camp liao! Well, thats all for my FR for the first trip to RDY.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Ikon on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 pm

Most important question... how's the crank pulley? Review butt feel leh... Razz

Don't matter la, Pussy_Lover also frequent visitor to RDY, just as long as you don't get poison for the unnecessary thing can liao... Cool

So Irene and Richard go holiday together hor? Richard wife know about that or not?
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:05 pm

BoW wrote:Most important question... how's the crank pulley? Review butt feel leh... Razz

Don't matter la, Pussy_Lover also frequent visitor to RDY, just as long as you don't get poison for the unnecessary thing can liao... Cool

So Irene and Richard go holiday together hor? Richard wife know about that or not?

Haha, wana touch my butt to know the feel??? Razz

Well, physically, i hold the stock and lightweight crank pulley, im shock due to the weight diff.... stock is heavier at least 3 to 4 times... Shocked

After fixing, only manage to test and drive on small road to maju camp. Due to the heavy traffic and traffic lights, most of the time rev up liao then have to slow down. But i do find the pick up is lighter, smoother, as in less stress on the rpm. Not saying its a very big improvement, but at least its noticable.

aha, duno leh, but without u telling/asking me now, i thot irene is richard wife. Hahaha. Laughing


Last edited by BoW on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Offending sentence removed)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Ikon on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Aiyah... don't anyhow say one... Irene not Richard wife.
Anyway, bro your ride M or A?

I'm thinking of doing up mine soon, but the one I want has got rubber dampening and still too ex... ard $280++


Last edited by BoW on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Offending comments removed)
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:40 pm

Haha... duno mah... normally a guy open a shop or workshop, sure the wife will help out. Then somemore both go on holiday together.... Smile

Mine is auto.

U also planning to change crank pulley or cam pulley or both?


Last edited by BoW on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reference comments removed.)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  aboh on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 pm

Bro dex,

Hows the pickup? Mayb you try to see within a week what difference do you feel.. and feedback to us Very Happy
avatar
aboh
Regular
Regular

Posts : 215
Join date : 2009-05-14
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  stoned on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:32 pm

bro...the battery u changed is amaron or amazon eh?....hehehe...going desaru eh?...wah...come back sure change to coilovers....a lot of bumpy rd towards there....hahahaha
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:07 am

Ok Dex, let me clarify.. When did i "spit" at RDY?? I resent the comment and it's really not polite to make fun of it. Yes i still do go to RDY - only because there are really no Chevy specialist around. And what is wrong with that??? When i go there i know exactly what i want to do - period. My next visit will probably be for the 120,000km timing belt change. Now is that a sin? Why did you go there? Isn't there any other w/s that can do your pulley? And bro Bow i don't lick my spit for Irene or anyone else. If you've seen Irene, you'll know what i mean! Yes i take offence to the comments made whether in jest or not... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Hope we don't have to revisit this anymore...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:15 am

Dex, you don't long in often and when you do log in, all you do make shit of things and think it's funny. How would you feel if someone tells you that you spit and lick back your spit. You're are really disgusting to say the least. Yes I';m mad at your comments and at the other bro for agreeig with you and adding fire. I'm not going to log in for the time being to cool down as i think one can only take so much of insult... Merry Christmas..!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  starstruck96 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:48 am

whats up guys...chill lah..
No

_________________
"The more you Sweat in Practice, the less you Bleed in Battle"
avatar
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Posts : 1313
Join date : 2009-05-01
Age : 37
Location : virtualSG

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:25 am

Apologies to dex and bro Bow and the rest of the forerunners for my outburst. On hindsight, i may have over-reacted. Just that the remarks made touched a sensitive nerve in me... Again my apologies... Case closed!

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Ikon on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:59 am

pussy_lover wrote:Apologies to dex and bro Bow and the rest of the forerunners for my outburst. On hindsight, i may have over-reacted. Just that the remarks made touched a sensitive nerve in me... Again my apologies... Case closed!

No worries, my apologies as well and yes perhaps it was a bit insensitive and it was not meant to be offensive, didn't know you have that tenderness in you bro! Making amends for that bro P_L, the comments have been removed, it's just that you such a jovial person and can take almost anything didn't know that you take that in offense. Once again, my apologies.
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:48 am

Wow... didnt know to much had happened last night. Well, its true i dun really login often, but always when i have free time, i will try to comes in.

Didnt know those words are so heavy. Those words mean nothing, seriously, i mean no harm. For example, i bought somethings from autobacs, but their things are ex, and i tends to complain, but i will still go back to buy. Laughing

Once again, accept apologies if my words are heavy. I wont make any of these comments anymore.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 am

stoned wrote:bro...the battery u changed is amaron or amazon eh?....hehehe...going desaru eh?...wah...come back sure change to coilovers....a lot of bumpy rd towards there....hahahaha

Haha, spell wrongly le.... at least u know which im refering to can liao... Razz

Otw to Desaru is very jialat? How bad is it ah? No money to change to coilover liao leh. Haha...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Ikon on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Not that bad, the road is twisty only, however if you are going further, say to Mersing then the road is bad, pot holes and yadayada
avatar
Ikon
Full Member
Full Member

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  stoned on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:06 pm

just like wat bro ikon says....but just look out for holes....can get u by surprise...hehehe
avatar
stoned
Regular
Regular

Posts : 659
Join date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:00 pm

BoW wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:Apologies to dex and bro Bow and the rest of the forerunners for my outburst. On hindsight, i may have over-reacted. Just that the remarks made touched a sensitive nerve in me... Again my apologies... Case closed!

No worries, my apologies as well and yes perhaps it was a bit insensitive and it was not meant to be offensive, didn't know you have that tenderness in you bro! Making amends for that bro P_L, the comments have been removed, it's just that you such a jovial person and can take almost anything didn't know that you take that in offense. Once again, my apologies.

Apologies accepted - case closed.. cheers

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  pussy_lover on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 pm

dex21 wrote:Wow... didnt know to much had happened last night. Well, its true i dun really login often, but always when i have free time, i will try to comes in.

Didnt know those words are so heavy. Those words mean nothing, seriously, i mean no harm. For example, i bought somethings from autobacs, but their things are ex, and i tends to complain, but i will still go back to buy. Laughing

Once again, accept apologies if my words are heavy. I wont make any of these comments anymore.

Apologies accepted. Case closed, let's move on.. cheers

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Posts : 767
Join date : 2009-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: First time trip to RDY

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum