Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servicing Schedule

+2
Captivian_Major
Ikon
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Servicing Schedule - Page 3 Empty Re: Servicing Schedule

Post  aboh Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:21 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
aboh wrote:Spray some fragrance on ur aircon filter before fixing it.. This shld do the trick
errr..spraying fragrance??COCO CHANEL parfum can??..duHhhh
i want to noe wat is causing those smell mah...maybe bacteria residing in the filter housingS?
coz my aveO cabin filter cost me $18.i diY myself to fix it in...so no labour charge inclusive..
the smell is kinda pungent n maybe im used on it..
but other passenger also noticed...tats y im concern..of making them sick in the long run maybe..bcoz of the bacteria..
flushing n servcing of aircon diY possible??im not topping up the gas yet..as the air is cool most of the time.. Arrow Exclamation Neutral

Can any perfume of ur choice lahh.. hehehe.. If u prefer david beckham brand oso can.. where did you get the air con filter? mine is expensive leh got from an auto shop near bukit merah
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 am

aboh wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:
aboh wrote:Spray some fragrance on ur aircon filter before fixing it.. This shld do the trick
i want to noe wat is causing those smell mah...maybe bacteria residing in the filter housingS?
coz my aveO cabin filter cost me $18.i diY myself to fix it in...so no labour charge inclusive..
but other passenger also noticed...tats y im concern..of making them sick in the long run maybe..bcoz of the bacteria..
flushing n servcing of aircon diY possible??im not topping up the gas yet..as the air is cool most of the time.. Arrow Exclamation Neutral

Can any perfume of ur choice lahh.. hehehe.. If u prefer david beckham brand oso can.. where did you get the air con filter? mine is expensive leh got from an auto shop near bukit merah

Bro aboh, aircon filter should be around $28-$32 for the original ones. If this one you find expensive then kena unscheduled repaits die lah.. Most of the auto parts shops don't carry the GM brand. I tried getting one at Sin Ming area and all only carry the OEM ones. End up making the trip to Verasamy Road to get the original parts. Maybe parts like oil filter, aircon filter can buy more and keep since you'll need them every 10K km service. Can save multiple trips to Verasamy Rd.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 am

Suddenly the aircon thingy becomes a hot topic here, well actually, the OWS 888 can be purchase of the counter. It comes with a very long nozzle. Insert the nozzle in the aircon vent and spray the chemical until the entire can is use up. Let the chemical work for half and hour and turn on the aircon so that the chemcial will drip out.

There is also another kind where you release the chemical in your car, something like a smoke bomb and you close all the windows and let it work.

As for dead animal smell, ...........I wonder scratch ............... what could cause that smell, maybe you run over some dead animal in those deserted dark road.....
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  aboh Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:36 am

Or could be something else when u were at dark places confused Jangan pandang belakang
aboh
aboh
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:52 am

pussy_lover wrote:
aboh wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:

Bro aboh, aircon filter should be around $28-$32 for the original ones. If this one you find expensive then kena unscheduled repaits die lah.. Most of the auto parts shops don't carry the GM brand. I tried getting one at Sin Ming area and all only carry the OEM ones. End up making the trip to Verasamy Road to get the original parts. Maybe parts like oil filter, aircon filter can buy more and keep since you'll need them every 10K km service. Can save multiple trips to Verasamy Rd.

I recently just bought an aircon filter from song yi.... its $20 excl gst.....

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:57 am

dex21 wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:
aboh wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:

I recently just bought an aircon filter from song yi.... its $20 excl gst.....

Guess Aveo one is cheaper. Can't remember but think Optra is $25 (exclude GST.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:51 pm

well i guess..i got mine cheap mah...OEM...size is roughly the same as original...as long got filter in the cabin its ok...doenst mind original or not...
maybe due to the carpet/rug im using is causing the prob...
u now those 3a types...its almost a year ive been using them...got koyak parts liao...nids to be changed oso i tink b4 the festive day comes along..
got quoted $60 for 5 pcs of car carpet..all colours.. Neutral
later i go full blast my hot aircon to get rid of the smell..hope it helps..
then can spray cOcO chaneL parfum as suggested by brO abOh. cheers Basketball
anyway got mine from auto shop @ sungai kadut/yew tee indutrial estate
theres a lot of workshop over there...MK racing is oso there...maybe its where brO tAyO does his AveO offroad Turbocharge edition... affraid pig
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 pm

bro bow...which aircon vent u mean eh?....engine bay side is it?
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 am

stoned wrote:bro bow...which aircon vent u mean eh?....engine bay side is it?

Car cabin la where the aircon blows out... Surprised
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:08 pm

engine bay got aircon compartment meh...hahaha....by which it will blow hot air siah if it is in there...aircon compressor got lar... Razz tongue
underneath the engine that is. silent
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:57 pm

starstruck96 wrote:
engine bay got aircon compartment meh...hahaha....by which it will blow hot air siah if it is in there...aircon compressor got lar... Razz tongue
underneath the engine that is. silent

alamak bro....principal of aircon should be the same with the home 1 la....could also be sprayed at where the hot air blow mah...dats y i ask which aircon vent duhh....if its just spray into the vent where the air is blown....i dun see wats the real purpose....doesnt really serviced la like dat....think only get rid of bad smell....real servicing should be like bro bow say...open up everything n clean up the fins...check if the compressor still can last or not....niwae its just my 2 cents....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Dunno about principal of aircon, I'm no maintenance man..... however as usual there's the "fins". Excess water due to condensation is why we get water dripping from our undercarriage, what was done was the chemical is sprayed through the vents, targeting the fins which it will go through and clean it. The chemical and the excess water will then flow through the water outlet piping. With water overtime, algae will also build up along this piping, the chemical will also get rid of these algae. That's in principle of what the OWS 888 will do, if it does or doesn't work, I cannot say for sure, certainly the musty smell is no longer there when I start up my aircon... maybe just a temporary reprieve before it starts to smell again.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:16 pm

so its like a cheaper way to clean the aircon system....in due time smell will come back bro....maybe after 6 months...or maybe less....is ur aircon colder den usual bro?
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:49 am

stoned wrote:so its like a cheaper way to clean the aircon system....in due time smell will come back bro....maybe after 6 months...or maybe less....is ur aircon colder den usual bro?

My aircon has been cold all the while, this service is to clean the "internal" so no difference.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3