Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres discussing thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tyres discussing thread Empty Tyres discussing thread

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:07 pm

Guys, shall we have a discussion abt tyres?

Maybe to share wat tyres u on and experience from it?

Wat tyres are good for quiet and wet grip?

Back to top Go down

Tyres discussing thread Empty Re: Tyres discussing thread

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

Wahh this one should be bro Mdzul's arena, he did quite an extensive research. Good to pick his brain once in awhile.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:49 pm

i'm on neuton...made in indonesia....grip so far gd...but kindda noisy....maybe wats me to get it change liao...hahaha
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 pm

stoned wrote:i'm on neuton...made in indonesia....grip so far gd...but kindda noisy....maybe wats me to get it change liao...hahaha

I think you have to bear the noise, January coming liao.. insurance month... I just got my quote and I'm Shocked beyond words!!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:26 am

BoW wrote:
stoned wrote:i'm on neuton...made in indonesia....grip so far gd...but kindda noisy....maybe wats me to get it change liao...hahaha

I think you have to bear the noise, January coming liao.. insurance month... I just got my quote and I'm Shocked beyond words!!

Haha... How much u was quoted?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 am

Im using Firenza ST-08.... grip so far is not bad.... But now noise is killing me!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:13 pm

dex21 wrote:
BoW wrote:

Haha... How much u was quoted?

$400 more than what I pay for last year at 10% NCD. I think they should consider all this term, if you previously pay less than what you have to pay now, where is the discount?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:12 pm

dex21 wrote:

Im using Firenza ST-08.... grip so far is not bad.... But now noise is killing me!!!

Bro, basically all tyres rated v and above or what some would consider performance tyres would tend to be noisy after 20k km of usage. Just have to live with it. The not so noisy ones like Michellins, Pirellis, Conti will just burn a big hole in your pocket and they don't last that long...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Like bro stoned, i'm also on Neuton. Now already on 30k km of usage and at high speed, tyres are very noisy. The grip though is commendable for a budget priced tyre. Threadwear is pretty good. Next tyre thinking of Goodyear LS2000. It's more comfort than performance but a W-rated tyre so should be a good performance tyre.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:56 pm

So bro.. what taling you all the v and w, can provide more details or not..otherwise people might think V for virgin stance and W for wide angle stance.... Suspect
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:26 pm

ya la bro...v rated...w rated...how to know its wat rated...wat the diff...hehehe...got r rated or not?...hahaha...am bearing with the noise....bro bow....u still using the insurance given by agent rite....wander if other insurers will also mock up very high...i dunwan to think abt mine...confirm rocket sky high...aiyah...
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:44 am

BoW wrote:So bro.. what taling you all the v and w, can provide more details or not..otherwise people might think V for virgin stance and W for wide angle stance.... Suspect

Bro don't act blur ok.. you jolly well know what's this rating is all about. Anyway, for all who's still in the dark, i'll get a link for you to refer and explain later. No r rating maybe got x one... Laughing

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 am

stoned wrote:ya la bro...v rated...w rated...how to know its wat rated...wat the diff...hehehe...got r rated or not?...hahaha...am bearing with the noise....bro bow....u still using the insurance given by agent rite....wander if other insurers will also mock up very high...i dunwan to think abt mine...confirm rocket sky high...aiyah...

Car insurance surely no chance of it coming down as long as there are those crazy claims. Funny thing mostly, the insurance companies are the ones responsible for approval of the ridiculous high claims. Then even clean motorists suffer. Like a vicious circle, people start claiming high to get their money's worth since paying high premiums.. Try AXA, I'm currently on this after shopping around. NTUC? Can forget it. After 2 years, the quote for my 3rd year makes me vomit blood and dare to say they are competitive. If you use AXA get the approved workshop and your excess is 50% off. My excess is $200 for this plan. And my premium is $860 after 30% NCD. Still haven't collect my premium gift from AXA.. Laughing Good luck shopping...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:09 am

pussy_lover wrote:
stoned wrote:ya la bro...v rated...w rated...how to know its wat rated...wat the diff...hehehe...got r rated or not?...hahaha...am bearing with the noise....bro bow....u still using the insurance given by agent rite....wander if other insurers will also mock up very high...i dunwan to think abt mine...confirm rocket sky high...aiyah...

Car insurance surely no chance of it coming down as long as there are those crazy claims. Funny thing mostly, the insurance companies are the ones responsible for approval of the ridiculous high claims. Then even clean motorists suffer. Like a vicious circle, people start claiming high to get their money's worth since paying high premiums.. Try AXA, I'm currently on this after shopping around. NTUC? Can forget it. After 2 years, the quote for my 3rd year makes me vomit blood and dare to say they are competitive. If you use AXA get the approved workshop and your excess is 50% off. My excess is $200 for this plan. And my premium is $860 after 30% NCD. Still haven't collect my premium gift from AXA.. Laughing Good luck shopping...

Care to share your AXA agent?
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:28 am

This is good link if you want to know more about your tyre sidewall reading,,

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/ca/en/continental/automobile/themes/contiacademy/good_to_know/sidewall_en.html

Don't be a baby, go to the link, read it and if you have doubts, post them here.
Another link for your tyre size calculator if you want to upgrade your tyre size..

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Mod, maybe can make these links sticky. Thanks.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:35 am

BoW wrote:
pussy_lover wrote:

Care to share your AXA agent?

Bro we're going OT here, I'll start a new thread on car insurance or if there's already one I'll just post it there.

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 pm

pussy_lover wrote:This is good link if you want to know more about your tyre sidewall reading,,

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/ca/en/continental/automobile/themes/contiacademy/good_to_know/sidewall_en.html

Don't be a baby, go to the link, read it and if you have doubts, post them here.
Another link for your tyre size calculator if you want to upgrade your tyre size..

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Mod, maybe can make these links sticky. Thanks.

Alamak ..links cannot make sticky la, only topic can..hahehaha
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for the links bro..... will spend some time reading tru them.....

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:33 pm

im on Federal SS535..
i would suggest Federal SS595/RS-R or 595 EVO..
for spore roads SS595EVO will be good enuff to handle in wet n dry conditions.
occasional track use is oso permitted.. Laughing
link: www.federaltire.com/en/html/pdetail.php?DB=motosports&pdline=1&ID=2
but noisy on high speed. Suspect
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 pm

starstruck96 wrote:im on Federal SS535..

is dis federal tires at affordable price bro?
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:00 am

stoned wrote:

Bro can you elaborate what you mean by "affordable"? Sometime what is affordable to you, might not be for others Wink
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:51 am

BoW wrote:
stoned wrote:

Bro can you elaborate what you mean by "affordable"? Sometime what is affordable to you, might not be for others Wink

Haha... thats a good one.... true enough, cos someone own car and bike.... so rich.... Laughing

Btw, recently i went in JB to did a rotation and balance.... they offer me michelin PP2 at RM230 per pc.... really good price leh....

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 pm

That's less than a SGD100... BTW the PP2 they offer make sure it's current stock and not made in Malaysia rubber ...meow cat
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:08 pm

alamak bro...my affordable u know wat...hahaha....by affordable i meant is the price like neuton or not....if its expensive....is it as expensive like yoko or toyo.... Cool ...for 17"...how much roughly is the price like....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:53 pm

about the pricing...im not sure...roughly looking @ $75-$80 for size 15
17 inch would be ard $100-$110 per piece??maybe...
go check it out @ Automotive Technology situated @ International Road off Taman Jurong residential area.
erghhh...not someone arh who own car n bike simutaneously..two a company now..hahahaha.. Laughing Cool
brO DEx21, where in JB u do balancing n rotating??how much..got chamber toe alignment servies not??
share share lar...!!duHhhhHHhHhh.. Suspect
Like a Star @ heaven struck96
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next