Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brake Caliper Set

2 posters

Go down

Brake Caliper Set Empty Brake Caliper Set

Post  starstruck96 Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 am

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1097352
nice black asbestos color
Good upgrade with ceramiC pads.nice
king
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Brake Caliper Set Empty Re: Brake Caliper Set

Post  Ikon Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm

starstruck96 wrote:http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1097352
nice black asbestos color
Good upgrade with ceramiC pads.nice
king

Upgrade for what? The calipers you have on now is enought to take the BHP you have, unless you increase the BHP by double the only upgrade you are doing would be only cosmetic and a waste of fundings, just my two cents.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:16 am

Double or not,we have to look into better braking system.correctly term tt the stock braking system is good enuff.im sure most of us here hv modded their cars.
upgrading to better pads n SSBH sure helps.gd tyres oso play a part.
The upgrade of stock calipers is another gd investment.juz my 1cnts thought.newbie mah
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:14 am

starstruck96 wrote:Double or not,we have to look into better braking system.correctly term tt the stock braking system is good enuff.im sure most of us here hv modded their cars.
upgrading to better pads n SSBH sure helps.gd tyres oso play a part.
The upgrade of stock calipers is another gd investment.juz my 1cnts thought.newbie mah

Perhaps my posting was a bit harsh, what I meant to say the calipers have the least impact in upgrading stock specification for brakes. Our brakes system are rated and design to meet or exceed the current spec, says if we have 109BHP, the brakes normally should be able to take in more than that kind of BHP, say maybe rated at 120BHP. Upgrading the pads and SSBH improve on the bites, but if you mod your car and increase the BHP to say 160 or 180 BHP, then even with ceramic pads and SSBH is not enough, you will need to change to bigger brake disc and calipers such as 4 or 6 pots (pistons) brake calipers for the additional horsepower. IF there is no increase in your hp and you just want to change the calipers to look nice also can, it's your money but a new calipers does not contribute any increase in the performance if it's the same as your previous ones, they just look nice because it's new. If you upgrade to 4 or 6 pots calipers, don't forget to change to bigger brake disc as well, all this will add on to your additional cost.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Noted.if look nice ..one can oways go for those colouring of calipers done up by streetcalipers person.$40 per pair.if upgrading to those 4 or 6 pot,certainly need to chge pad n disc.tts y cost of installing one us abt $1600-$1800.
The new calipers I link is a direct replacement for our cars.nuthing great performance.juz a reference link to those rides with faulty calipers.consider an OeM item.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down