Virtual Garage - SG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning - Pro RS SS brake hose burst

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warning - Pro RS SS brake hose burst - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning - Pro RS SS brake hose burst

Post  stoned Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:59 pm

bro...was at Hairis' today....he told me abt ur ride....oil pressure switch faulty?...was it due to wear n tear?.... scratch
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Warning - Pro RS SS brake hose burst - Page 2 Empty Re: Warning - Pro RS SS brake hose burst

Post  Ikon Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 am

stoned wrote:bro...was at Hairis' today....he told me abt ur ride....oil pressure switch faulty?...was it due to wear n tear?.... scratch

I have no idea really if it's wear and tear or simply the pressure switch is loose, anyway the engine was spraying oil like nobody business and now my under carriage is oily. However the issue has been resolved at a cost of $88, parts plus labor. Symptom for this particular fault, the engine oil warning will light up, as you accelerate the the light will go off but will turn on again once you lift your foot off the pedal. It will not remain constant.

Once the engine oil start to spew out, you will get smoke and burning smell as the oil heats up and evaporate. Monitor your oil level and bring it in to the workshop ASAP.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 pm

noted bro....niwae need to replace my spark plug cables liao....asked Hairi abt my mis-firing spark plugs during start up....upon checking he showed me white spots on the cables....dis spots r due from sparks of a leaked cables....he recommended me to replace....still not dat bad...so can hold for now....so bro ikon....i'll return to u new cables once i purchased from song yi....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:59 pm

stoned wrote:noted bro....niwae need to replace my spark plug cables liao....asked Hairi abt my mis-firing spark plugs during start up....upon checking he showed me white spots on the cables....dis spots r due from sparks of a leaked cables....he recommended me to replace....still not dat bad...so can hold for now....so bro ikon....i'll return to u new cables once i purchased from song yi....

How come you always have this problem? Some more on my cables!
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  stoned Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Ikon wrote:
stoned wrote:noted bro....niwae need to replace my spark plug cables liao....asked Hairi abt my mis-firing spark plugs during start up....upon checking he showed me white spots on the cables....dis spots r due from sparks of a leaked cables....he recommended me to replace....still not dat bad...so can hold for now....so bro ikon....i'll return to u new cables once i purchased from song yi....

How come you always have this problem? Some more on my cables!

if i know i ans u bro...the thing is i dunno.....ur cables i will replace bro...no worries....
stoned
stoned
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:15 am

Went to Hairi's y'day to do my servicing.. This time no issues at all just the normal oil change. plugs change etc. Mileage already 147,000km...

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:31 pm

bro...does high milage requires engine flushing...the 3-1 package?
juz enquiry..
and oso throttle body cleaning+steering oil change...is tt a surplus requirement? Smile
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am

General engine flushing is done every 2 or 3 normal engine servicing, steering oil is consider as fluids change, this should be done every 40,000km, to include brake oil,power steering, gear oil and etc. It's not highly dependent on high mileage, low mileage also can do.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  pussy_lover Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:43 pm

starstruck96 wrote:bro...does high milage requires engine flushing...the 3-1 package?
juz enquiry..
and oso throttle body cleaning+steering oil change...is tt a surplus requirement? Smile

Frankly, have only done engine flushing twice. The last one at 80,000km, i think. Maybe at my next servicing, i'll renew all the fluids and do an engine flush. Throttle body, i think i won't touch till much later. I have read abt others whose rpm idling becomes erratic after the TB cleaning. I empty my OCT every 3-4 months and think this is currently sufficient lah. Maybe when i reach 200,000km i'll do the TB cleaning but only at reliable or "experienced" workshop. With soaring COE prices, my ambitious plan to get a new ride have to take a backseat. Current prices just not worth it..

pussy_lover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 pm

pussy_lover wrote:
starstruck96 wrote:bro...does high milage requires engine flushing...the 3-1 package?
juz enquiry..

Frankly, have only done engine flushing twice. The last one at 80,000km, i think. Maybe at my next servicing, i'll renew all the fluids and do an engine flush. Throttle body, i think i won't touch till much later. I have read abt others whose rpm idling becomes erratic after the TB cleaning. I empty my OCT every 3-4 months and think this is currently sufficient lah. Maybe when i reach 200,000km i'll do the TB cleaning but only at reliable or "experienced" workshop. With soaring COE prices, my ambitious plan to get a new ride have to take a backseat. Current prices just not worth it..

If it's not in the owners' manual, there is no need to clean your TB. It's not one of those servicable parts, if I'm not mistaken.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 pm

sure noted...i have too read about the erratic idling after the TB cleaning..
maybe a trip to Hairi to change the FLUIDS. Cool
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:04 am

Hi guys ..since most of u are on Stock BH..theres dis shop in ubi tt can customise SSBH.brand excess if im not wrong..IF only u guys wanna change to SSBH.juz my opinions..read up at Hot stuff maG.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:41 am

starstruck96 wrote:Hi guys ..since most of u are on Stock BH..theres dis shop in ubi tt can customise SSBH.brand excess if im not wrong..IF only u guys wanna change to SSBH.juz my opinions..read up at Hot stuff maG.

Can consider but long time never pcik up on car mag anymore....so guess the interest has weaned.
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  starstruck96 Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 am

Juz inputs only since maintenance is part of the basic car usage.hehe.customize would cost a bomb in spore ryte.unless those minor skimming of flywheel or port polish our intake manifold n boring of throttle body.gains are minimal.
starstruck96
starstruck96
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikon Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:18 pm

starstruck96 wrote:Juz inputs only since maintenance is part of the basic car usage.hehe.customize would cost a bomb in spore ryte.unless those minor skimming of flywheel or port polish our intake manifold n boring of throttle body.gains are minimal.

No gain, no pain, so I think I shall opt for no pain ... Laughing Save the pain in my pockets, maybe for my ride just to maintain it, no more power mod maybe external mod only.. Razz
Ikon
Ikon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2